Mavic Air 2 Landing gear
5094 14 2020-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmac1300
lvl.1

United States

Will the landing gear extensions for the mavic pro 2 fit on the mavic air 2?  I found 2 sets I like but they dont list them for the Air 2?   One set is standard with light mounts and the second is re-tractable so you can fold them up for stoarage with out removing them every time.  The re tract set fold back on to the legs and if the legs are close to the same size I figure they might be interchangeable.  Has anyone tried this.
2020-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rmac1300. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. Are you able to post a sample photos of these accessories for us to be able to check. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2020-6-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd recommend you learn to hand launch and catch rather than use these,  it will be a skill you can also use in places where the legs won't help you.
2020-6-11
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The M2P/M2Z landing gear doesn't fit as long you're talking about the PGYTECH one. Following their nasty "old accessories shall not fit!"-policy DJI has slightly changed the diameter and the profile of the aft legs to let this happen. Apart from that I also recommend what DAFlys mentioned. I launch and land from hand which is safe and easy if practised a couple of times. It just takes a little patience when landing because the bird has to trust first your flat palm as safe place to land which takes a couple of seconds.
2020-6-11
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi rmac, iv just checked out ebay, there's plenty to choose from and all quoting ma2, you shouldn't have a problem choosing a set you like. If you've got all your fingers I would definitely recommend the leg extensions, keep safe and well.
2020-6-11
Use props
fans562f4936
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys appreciate the quick responses.  Looks like the sets i was looking at were for the Mavic 2 pro and would not work on the air 2.  But eBay  does have a lot of Air 2 specific accessories available.  The air launch and landing sounds like a good idea, but sometimes i think I’m going to want to have the option to land on the ground and would like to have something to lift the drone just a little to protect the camera.  
2020-6-11
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

https://www.pgytech.com/collecti ... ing-gear-extensions

I use their set on my Mini and plan on a set for the Air 2.  Physical conditions might prevent hand launch and recover or use of a pad.  Whatever works for you!
2020-6-12
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-11 00:46
I'd recommend you learn to hand launch and catch rather than use these,  it will be a skill you can also use in places where the legs won't help you.

Can you provide a bit more info?  I used to do with with my Spark all the time, but have not had the sack to try it with the MA2.  Same deal...hesitates when it sees your hand, as you pull down on the stick...then it settles in?

Do you need to flip on its side to stop the props?
2020-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cravenfan Posted at 6-12 12:00
Can you provide a bit more info?  I used to do with with my Spark all the time, but have not had the sack to try it with the MA2.  Same deal...hesitates when it sees your hand, as you pull down on the stick...then it settles in?

Do you need to flip on its side to stop the props?

Try this-
2020-6-15
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Cool...all good, same process as hand landing as the Spark, just a little different for takeoff out of hand.  I'll practice it.  I have a landing pad also...thanks!
2020-6-15
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-11 00:46

Yup,   you may find yourself where it's not safe to go below the bush line.

2020-6-15
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

It would be nice to have the Takeoff/Land option on the FN button like the Go 4 app. It would be easier to tap that button than pressing and holding the center of the fly app.  Try it sometime. Mindy, can you suggest this to the techs???
2020-6-15
Use props
fans562f4936
lvl.1

United States

So the hand launching and landing is working great and easy to do with the Air 2.  The set i was looking at was a lighted set and one that retracts so you don’t have to remove them when you want to fold up and store the drone.  Photos below.  I don’t believe either would work on the air 2 due to different size rear arms?  But eBay has tons of options for the air 2 if anyone is also looking for a set..

4696636A-6EC2-45DC-9AAD-19234227BD2E.jpeg
2020-6-16
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

I brought and you don't even have to take them off when not in use!
2020-6-16
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the polar pro on my Mavic 2 Pro. Very nice. It looks like the Sunnylife legs are a cheaper imitation the Polar pros. I did not like the PGYtech for the M2 Pro:, they were very hard to put on the front legs and would not fit in the case unless i took them off.
I have not tried the Polar pros on the MA 2.. they are on my M2 Pro...
I'll wait until Polar pro releases some for the MA2.
Have you tried using a landing pad in addition to hand launching and landing?
I just tried hand launching, it is awkward especially if you are using a tablet. It's difficult to hold the controller with one hand.
2020-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules