Can you install a different camera+mount on the Vision+?
13303 11 2014-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think the title says it all; is it possible to use other mounts and cameras on the Vision+ or is this a 1-camera system.

I'm curious only to have alternatives when needing specialty features not necessarily available on the stock camera/mount/
2014-11-19
Use props
kw
lvl.3

Denmark

All information says no, because it's a closed circut. Ready to fly. If someone has a solution, I am also interested.
2014-11-19
Use props
r.borre
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes you can, with the QuickRelease, use your Gopro+zenmuse on your Vision_plus platform.
(This week the RX100-2-3 mount wil be presented, for under your Vision, shoot stills in 20MP, zoomfuntion, video rec, all configured by the vision-APP)

Here is some Footage made by the Phantom2 vision-Plus Platform, whereby the vision camera is changed for a Gopro4
http://youtu.be/zv36f5Wyr1c?list=UUTS-hsQnR51bSd0SBiYKRCQ

QuickRelease; makes it possible to use other camera's on a phantom2 Vision-plus platform, like the Gopro with the Zenmuse H3-3D. So you can still use your Vision-app and ground-station, and use your smartphone as FPV and flight information display.
http://youtu.be/aTpuFLdJ2hU?list=UUTS-hsQnR51bSd0SBiYKRCQ
2014-11-19
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

DRONExpert.nl seem to have an interesting but rather pricey idea.  You could try and pre-order a Quickrelease for DJI Phantom 2 vision -- it looks like it would take a minimum of the one quickrelease (249 euros) one connector/sleeve for the vision plus camera (49 euros) and another connector/sleeve for the Zenmuse (49 euros)

347 euros at todays exchange rate is $435.12 (plus shipping and VAT if you're in europe)  Like I said, pricey!  And WHOOPS! looks like r.borre had the same idea while I was typing slowly.
QuickreleaseCost.jpg
2014-11-19
Use props
r.borre
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

You don't have to order a sleeve for the vision, if you want you can buy a vison-plus platform, without Vision-camera-gimbal. If you look at that price, it wil be cheaper then a Phantom2 with a analog FPV system ( which comes without vision-app and ground-station).
It's like a LightBridge (exept the fullHD transmission). For less then 1/3 of that price ?
2014-11-19
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

r.borre Posted at 2014-11-20 05:44
Yes you can, with the QuickRelease, use your Gopro+zenmuse on your Vision_plus platform.
(This week  ...

You don't need any quick release.... this shows that to be money for nothing,
Vision+ can use any gimbal and any camera its unlocked now...
Using Stock systems, no gimbal base and still with telemetry...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... =2213815&page=4
2014-11-19
Use props
dobie123
lvl.1

Australia

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-20 09:18
You don't need any quick release.... this shows that to be money for nothing,
Vision+ can use any ...

I have an aftermarket camera gimbal and GoPro 3 mounted on my Vision 2+. It's possible. All GPS and ground station functions work fine, you just cant control the camera. If you need more info just PM me and i'll send photo
2014-11-19
Use props
r.borre
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oke back to Topic,

Yes you can use other camera's on your Vision_plus platform.

- You can do it like the DIY way, and use the video input of your vision+.

- Or you use a plug and play module (QuickRelease), which takes care of everythink, so you also can control the zenmuse-gimbal, or 3th party gimbal and camera's. (tilt in rate-mode / position mode), and other future possibilitys.

see;  http://youtu.be/R-ur5FH8w5Y

So many ways to choose ;)
2014-11-20
Use props
don
lvl.1
Canada

dobie123@bigpon Posted at 2014-11-20 14:33
I have an aftermarket camera gimbal and GoPro 3 mounted on my Vision 2+. It's possible. All GPS an ...

I have a Vision2+ damaged in a crash. Camera done. I am interested in how qnd what you did. I am interested in mounting a gopro onto the 2+.
Please send me info on how you did it-thanks
2015-5-24
Use props
ledaris
New

Greece

dobie123@bigpon Posted at 2014-11-20 08:33
I have an aftermarket camera gimbal and GoPro 3 mounted on my Vision 2+. It's possible. All GPS an ...

hello, I have broken gimbal and I need some help how can my vision plus ground station work again with another camera. I dont care about gimbal and camera control, just ground station and picture. Thanks
2015-12-14
Use props
ledaris
New

Greece

dobie123@bigpon Posted at 2014-11-20 08:33

hello, I have broken gimbal and I need some help how can my vision plus ground station work again with another camera. I dont care about gimbal and camera control, just ground station and picture. Thanks
2015-12-14
Use props
PowerUser
lvl.1
Croatia

I would also like to know what is the cheapest way of adding Ebay gimbal and GoPro to the Vision+ and that I get only video feed so I know where the Phantom is pointed to.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Axis ... :g:vLUAAOSw9mFWMHD5
2015-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules