Mission Waypoint Issues and Restrictions
1260 4 2020-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ratfink11
lvl.1
United States

Ok,Im a newbie, but Im not stupid, frustrated? Yes, but not stupid. Been  in the tech industry forever and have several UAV's using Pixhawk and  Ardupilot. So, here are my questions for things that dont make any sense  to me?

1.  Mission Restrictions when attemtping to run mission after setting  waypoints, elevations, speed, typical flight characturistics for a  mission with waypoints.  For some ODD reason if your not logged into  DGI's App ONLINE!!!!!  You cant fly over 30 inches!!!! (Ok 30 feet?) My  questions are
  • Where is this info in the manual? OR the little tiny booklet  that you cant read? OR on a little F*&%&ing sticker stuck on the  side of the DRONE that SAYS... " THIS DRONE WILL NOT FLY ANY WAYPOINT  MISSIONS UNLESS YOU ARE LOGGED INTO THE DGIGO4 APP!!!!!!  REALLY????  Stickers everwhere upon opening, why not one for this?
  • Who determined that you always need to be logged in and policed by DGI in order to fly above 3 inches?
  • ...And  this great question.... Not that we need common sense in the world...  utter lack of quality is the norm these days from this generation... But  answer me this... When you get a warning that states "There is a  Mission Restriction due to Mission Parameters"  Wouldnt it be nice to  know... WHAT THE MISSION RESTRICTIONS ACTUALLY ARE?  TELL ME WHAT THE  RESTRICTION ACTUALL IS SO I CAN FIND AND FIX IT!!!!  DGI EXPECTS ME TO  GUESS, STICK MY THUMB UP MY ????  WHAT?  IT COULD BE A MULTITUDE OF  ISSUES... BUT NO... WE GET TO WASTE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND HUNDREDS OF  HOURS PLAYING MUSICAL CHAIRS AND GUESSING GAMES WITH DGI PROGRAMMERS  LEAVING INFO OUT????  keep smoking rope.

2.  In advance settings for altitude limitations the settings are in  meters.  BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then you go to setup a Mission  using Waypoint and the Altitude is in FEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Which is  it,,,, Meters or Feet?  How the hell am I supposed to know what is going  to be what when DGI is mixing Metrics with Standard English  Measurments?  This reminds me of the Mars Rover mission 1999,
((((((((NASA lost its $125-million Mars Climate Orbiter because  spacecraft  engineers failed to convert from English to metric  measurements when  exchanging vital data before the craft was launched,  space agency  officials said Thursday. A navigation team at the Jet  Propulsion  Laboratory used the metric system of millimeters and meters  in its  calculations, while Lockheed Martin Astronautics in Denver,  which  designed and built the spacecraft, provided crucial acceleration  data in  the English system of inches, feet and pounds. As a result,  JPL  engineers mistook acceleration readings measured in English units  of  pound-seconds for a metric measure of force called newton-seconds.  In a sense, the spacecraft was lost in translation.
  “That is so dumb,” said John Logsdon, director of George  Washington  University’s space policy institute. “There seems to have  emerged over  the past couple of years a systematic problem in the space  community of  insufficient attention to detail.”))))))))

Is it really too much to ask for either metric or english statndard  measurements?  OR do I need to convert all that in my head as well.

3.  Cant plan a mission with only one Waypoint, and there is a  limitation on 2 Waypoints.  This makes no sense.  If I want to fly to  one location and back why is this not possible?  Point A to point  B.  and the Mission Planner doesnt like it.  It doesnt like the Route.  Nothing.  Why cant I select just one Waypoint.   The Drone already knows  where home is, where it lauches from.  Even then.  If you create two  Waypoints, A is home, and B is second location.  The select Route for A  is B and Route for B is A.   Still, it complains about the Route...

My appologies for being a little frustrated.  But seems common sense and  quality.... always with programmers.. gets chucked out the  window...  Am I missing something? Or is everyone so desensitized to the  bugs?
2020-6-10
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

This will not answer all your, or my, questions but is the best I have found so far.  

https://www.mavichelp.com/Tips/f ... ith-waypoints-20.44
2020-6-11
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Problems with the Go4 WP app are why so many choose to use Litchi or Dronelink.  Either is worth the price if you enjoy or need more robust autonomous mission planning.
2020-6-11
Use props
Ratfink11
lvl.1
United States

Ahh this is the reason for Litchy and Dronelink??? Im in R/D design, build IoT devices for LoRaWan Networks, 4g lte, WiFi... I think I pickup on tech fairly well... Maybe Im asking too much or dont get it? But it doesnt make common sense with not doing any typical QA Software Testing. The 4GO app has that cheap hired offshore developer feel to it. The worse part is the forced restrictions for altitudes, distances, to which I need to talk to daddy dgi to get limit releases?  INSANE!!! Another policing action for an expensive product I OWN AND PAID THOUSANDS FOR AND I CANT USE IT ANYWHERE!!! Im the one who has to follow laws. Where I live I have a 2 mile cooridoor of open unrestricted airspace and still I cant get this brand new waste of thousands of dollars in the air...  Again, my appologies, I have my part 61, now I have to get a 107. Its the same if you dont have a part 61. The FAA B4ufly app a joke. doesnt show restricted or controlled airspace from location.Like SeaTac. Thx 4 help.
2020-6-11
Use props
Ratfink11
lvl.1
United States

Paul_ Posted at 6-11 06:18
This will not answer all your, or my, questions but is the best I have found so far.  

https://www.mavichelp.com/Tips/fly-automated-missions-with-waypoints-20.44

Thankyou... It was a bit helpful... Ive got an email into support... Ill see what they say....
2020-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules