New Osmo Action Firmware 1.09.00 Released soon
3430 27 2020-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Mod and admin let go the stickie for FW 1.08.00.10 and that means the new firmware is a coming  will this be LISTENED or overlooked again:  what would you have liked to seen fixed.  
RS= Rock steady.
what would you have liked seen added battery idicator stay on.

Post below hat you like and liked to have or have seen.  Below. you are going to hear many  talk about ...
2020-6-11
Use props
Iosef
lvl.1
United States

Include more Burst Mode options. Currently limited to 3p, 5p and 7p.
2020-6-11
Use props
ChipFTW
lvl.2
United States

The option to create Custom Name Presets for me.
2020-6-11
Use props
ChipFTW
lvl.2
United States

Would also like to see the option to LiveStream to Twitch as well.
2020-6-11
Use props
WilliamSolis11
lvl.1
Australia

Ability to put camera on aeroplane mode to maximise battery.
Ability to do HDR photo IN-CAMERA
Ability to adjust focus.

Seriously is this forum under a rock or something
2020-6-12
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

WilliamSolis11 Posted at 6-12 01:29
Ability to put camera on aeroplane mode to maximise battery.
Ability to adjust focus.

Not being able to turn off bluetooh and wifi manually or not having in camera HDR is inexplicable. It is a shame those thing are still not fixed.

But nothing can be done about the focus. This is a fixed focus lens camera, no firmware in the world can change it...
2020-6-12
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WilliamSolis11 Posted at 6-12 01:29
Ability to put camera on aeroplane mode to maximise battery.
Ability to adjust focus.

Great shout
2020-6-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

let me get a round at the Bar please, a glass of water for me, and whatever they want. since this site  pins posts on top, they are called a Stickie, a pinned thread.  Now can I get a shot of JD
2020-6-14
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

Zebra overexposure warning on lcd screen
Disable wifi when not needed
Better compression algorithm (fast action, like mountain biking is very pixelated at 4k/60)
Rocksteady levels 1-2-3
2.7k/120p and 1440/60p 4:3 mode support  (the sensor can do these, right?)
2020-6-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

stephjant Posted at 6-15 02:39
Still not sure I understand, but thanks for responding anyway. If all I need to know is that another firmware update is on its way that’s great. Sorry, I’m a senior citizen so not everything that people talk about today makes sense to me

Understood you are issued . anything else said complicates you, got it.
thanks I made -2- points on the post.
2020-6-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

just had that out of no where Lol was a cool effect, for livestream testing.
2020-6-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

stephjant Posted at 6-15 02:39
Still not sure I understand, but thanks for responding anyway. If all I need to know is that another firmware update is on its way that’s great. Sorry, I’m a senior citizen so not everything that people talk about today makes sense to me

There is no way of telling there is going to be another update, "ever", let alone that it is coming soon.

Every time there is a new update DJI moderators open a thread about it and make it "sticky" (the thread persistently stays on top of the forum). Of course when the next update comes along, they take the old update thread off the top.

Recently last update's "sticky" thread was taken off, causing some people to speculate that a new update might be on it's way...
2020-6-15
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Would there be any way they could offer a wider field of view on an update??
2020-6-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As OA is a good camera least amount of issues, people just want more. its a thread that dropped not McD's.
2020-6-16
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

BoozaWooza Posted at 6-16 00:34
Would there be any way they could offer a wider field of view on an update??

Nope, that is a hardware limitation. What you see with Dewarp and Rocksteady "off" is the maximum you can get.

How much they crop into the field of view for "Rocksteady" is governed by the firmware though. So they might be able offer different levels of stabilization with varying degrees of FOV loss (the current version crops a lot)...
2020-6-16
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

CemAygun Posted at 6-15 16:45
There is no way of telling there is going to be another update, "ever", let alone that it is coming soon.

Every time there is a new update DJI moderators open a thread about it and make it "sticky" (the thread persistently stays on top of the forum). Of course when the next update comes along, they take the old update thread off the top.

True.

They removed it from Osmo Pocket also. And how many months without any update anymore. Half year?
2020-6-16
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Honestly, I consider both Osmo Pocket and Action as abandoned products...They both lack some functions that everybody has been asking for forever (worse on the pocket side), and I think most of them could have been easily implemented if DJI wanted to.

Obviously they don't want to

It is just sad to see a company come up with such innovative (again, on the pocket side) and best of it's class hardware and shoot them in the foot with incompetent software.  
2020-6-17
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

CemAygun Posted at 6-17 00:57
Honestly, I consider both Osmo Pocket and Action as abandoned products...They both lack some functions that everybody has been asking for forever (worse on the pocket side), and I think most of them could have been easily implemented if DJI wanted to.

Obviously they don't want to

Yes even the two clear bugs are not going to get fixed. So no point wait any new features for OP or OA. For Osmo Pocket this is more worst. They should improve OP to make more space between upcoming similar cameras.

DJI geeks are with drones again. Today released OA firmware feels like summer trainee summer patch with summer fixes.. Not seriously developed anything.
2020-6-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

if you feel  that OA has abandoned  think you feel .......

Untitled 1.png
2020-6-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hello there Posters . Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter for the DJI Osmo Action. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates on the DJI Osmo Action and on the DJI Mimo application. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you
2020-6-17
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 6-17 02:19
if you feel  that OA has abandoned  think you feel .......

LOL could I have been more wrong Well this is good news, thanks for the info

I could not find a changelog though...

EDIT: Found it, the new firmware thread is up. Apparently it adresses some bugs that I did not even know existed. Well, better than nothing...

2020-6-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 6-17 13:06
LOL could I have been more wrong  Well this is good news, thanks for the info

I could not find a changelog though...

Lol     would not want to be right either. firmware works,     we can talk about the   features many asked  at least 25. of them Lol
2020-6-17
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Aavalaakso Posted at 6-17 01:51
Yes even the two clear bugs are not going to get fixed. So no point wait any new features for OP or OA. For Osmo Pocket this is more worst. They should improve OP to make more space between upcoming similar cameras.

DJI geeks are with drones again. Today released OA firmware feels like summer trainee summer patch with summer fixes.. Not seriously developed anything.

What  Osmo Pocket could have been with a little bit of support is mind blowing. DJI is so lucky almost all the rivals (at least so far) is lacking something in the hardware department (sensors too small, no variable focus etc.), because they generally aim to undercut the price.

Anyways, at least we know they still dedicate some time to Osmo Action

2020-6-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

so who handed off to XIAOMI  the OP?
2020-6-17
Use props
WilliamSolis11
lvl.1
Australia