Mini is a toy, more for indoor ...
2020-6-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

OA is not what takes the drone over under or around obstacles, that’s APAS , OA will only ever stop the drone, unless you have APAS turned on, and are using drone in shooting FPS 30fps or less, above this APAS will not work but OA will but will bring drone to a halt and won’t go any further..
2020-6-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done and thanks for sharing.
2020-6-11
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I have the spark and the mini, and considering the air2. They are very different for different purpose. I can use the Mini where I cannot use the Air2 because it is illegal to fly the Air2 but not the Mini. I can use my mini pretty much anywhere without problem, close to people, they don't even hear it. The Mavic Air2 is large and regulated, so I cannot even fly it in my area legally. They both produce very good video and photos and can fly up to 400 feet and within my visual line of sight, which is what is legal to fly here.  If I get cought flying with the Mavic Air2 here, I would be a big trouble, no so with the Mini. It's totally stupid to do a test with obstacle ovoidance and follow me feature since the Mavic Mini does not have these features.  But hey, the Mini cost a fraction of the price of the Mavic Air2.
2020-6-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Daniella3d Posted at 6-11 12:57
I have the spark and the mini, and considering the air2. They are very different for different purpose. I can use the Mini where I cannot use the Air2 because it is illegal to fly the Air2 but not the Mini. I can use my mini pretty much anywhere without problem, close to people, they don't even hear it. The Mavic Air2 is large and regulated, so I cannot even fly it in my area legally. They both produce very good video and photos and can fly up to 400 feet and within my visual line of sight, which is what is legal to fly here.  If I get cought flying with the Mavic Air2 here, I would be a big trouble, no so with the Mini. It's totally stupid to do a test with obstacle ovoidance and follow me feature since the Mavic Mini does not have these features.  But hey, the Mini cost a fraction of the price of the Mavic Air2.

It must be tough living in such a draconian state to make you think that a drone the length of your hand, weighing the same as a bag of pasta, is "large and regulated" to the extent that you would be too scared to fly it without being in "big trouble". I'm starting to see why so many Canadians have bought the Mini now and try to deflect the other drones on the market. It must be hard for you to comprehend the fact that the TB48 battery alone in my Inspire 1 weighed more than the Mavic Air 2 aircraft on take off. The MA2 is such a great drone and the tech built into it actually makes it a far safer drone to fly than the Mini. I hope your government lightens up a little to give you guys more freedom.
2020-6-14
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

A J Posted at 6-14 10:32
It must be tough living in such a draconian state to make you think that a drone the length of your hand, weighing the same as a bag of pasta, is "large and regulated" to the extent that you would be too scared to fly it without being in "big trouble". I'm starting to see why so many Canadians have bought the Mini now and try to deflect the other drones on the market. It must be hard for you to comprehend the fact that the TB48 battery alone in my Inspire 1 weighed more than the Mavic Air 2 aircraft on take off. The MA2 is such a great drone and the tech built into it actually makes it a far safer drone to fly than the Mini. I hope your government lightens up a little to give you guys more freedom.

All this because a couple of idiots did idiotic things with their drones and ruined everything for the rest of us. Like flying over or too close to airport. It's not a state law, it,s a canadian law, so it's in the whole country.  And I am holding my breath that they don't put the Mavic Mini in the same bag eventually and lower the requirement for registration to a drone of less than 100g.  there is also the fact that people in Canada are pretty much against any one having fun...seems it bug them seing someone having fun.

Also a tourist coming to canada would be able to fly a Mini, but not the Air2 without a special permit which is a pain in the butt to get.
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Daniella3d Posted at 6-14 18:39
All this because a couple of idiots did idiotic things with their drones and ruined everything for the rest of us. Like flying over or too close to airport. It's not a state law, it,s a canadian law, so it's in the whole country.  And I am holding my breath that they don't put the Mavic Mini in the same bag eventually and lower the requirement for registration to a drone of less than 100g.  there is also the fact that people in Canada are pretty much against any one having fun...seems it bug them seing someone having fun.

Also a tourist coming to canada would be able to fly a Mini, but not the Air2 without a special permit which is a pain in the butt to get.

It is a nightmare when governments brand a hobby based on the actions of the few. You can bet that those who caused the restrictions still fly drones how they like. Same everywhere - we had the whole Gatwick fiasco in the UK at the end of 2018 and now have to pass a basic online test and register ourselves as operators to fly an MA2 but that's about all and TBH took me 30 minutes to complete.

Lets hope that as tech develops and drones become more part of day-to-day life that the Canadian government relaxes some of the restrictions in place for you guys. It has been established by the EASA that a drone weighing <900g won't kill a human in a head-on collision so the difference between a third party injury caused between a Mavic Mini and a Mavic Air 2 is minimal.
2020-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SLiWooDy. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this video about a head to head comparison of the DJI Mavic Air 2 with DJI Mavic Mini. In addition I will post a link where in you can also compare the specifications of both the DJI Mavic Air 2 with the DJI Mavic Mini and with other DJI consumer drones. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2020-6-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice vid!
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced