Reached maximum speed of 9.6 mph.
912 9 2020-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nuggetz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571 ft
United States

I'm looking at the logs on Airdata and I see my Mavic Air 2 flights showing messages stating that the 9.6MPH max speed limit was reached. I dont recall seeing anywhere to set a maximum flight speed in the Fly app. Anyone know that this is about? Is 9.6 the max speed in GPS mode?
2020-6-11
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Max decent speed or Tripod speed would be close to that at 5ish mps maybe.
2020-6-11
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Are you sure it is Miles Per Hour and not Meters Per Second?
2020-6-11
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

It might refer to the maximum speed reached on that particular flight. Air data gives me 2 highlights of my flight data - max speed and battery level at max distance. These only apply to that flight log.
2020-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi nuggetz, please check the specs below of the max speed in different modes and different directions, hope it helps. specs.png
2020-6-12
Use props
nuggetz
lvl.2
United States

Smashey1 Posted at 6-11 12:35
It might refer to the maximum speed reached on that particular flight. Air data gives me 2 highlights of my flight data - max speed and battery level at max distance. These only apply to that flight log.

If you go into air data under notifications and use the player to see the flight it shows me at certain points or times that the max speed was reached. May be a descent like someone said but I have to check.
2020-6-13
Use props
nuggetz
lvl.2
United States

Here’s the log. See the purple parts.
PNG image.png
2020-6-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nuggetz Posted at 6-13 02:52
Here’s the log. See the purple parts.

That's not a maximum speed limit at all.
It's airdata telling you that 9.6 mph was the fastest speed that you flew at during the flight.
Post the actual data instead of pictures of airdata and it will show that you were very gentle on the joystick and never pushed it very hard to get to full speed at all.
2020-6-13
Use props
nuggetz
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-13 03:48
That's not a maximum speed limit at all.
It's airdata telling you that 9.6 mph was the fastest speed that you flew at during the flight.
Post the actual data instead of pictures of airdata and it will show that you were very gentle on the joystick and never pushed it very hard to get to full speed at all.

Actually, the sticks show that they were pretty close to their extents when that message came up. Here's a shot of the log at that point. Note the stick positions. So you're saying if I were to push the craft even faster then the fastest speed encountered in the log would then be purple?

2020-6-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nuggetz Posted at 6-14 04:16
Actually, the sticks show that they were pretty close to their extents when that message came up. Here's a shot of the log at that point. Note the stick positions. So you're saying if I were to push the craft even faster then the fastest speed encountered in the log would then be purple?

[view_image]

Post the actual data instead of pictures of airdata and I might be able to see what was going on.
can you post a link to the airdata report?

2020-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules