mavic air 2 compass on app screen
5343 11 2020-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NGcqXoXAuxDp
lvl.1

United States

Hello just got my mavic air 2 tonight . I got it set up easily. I took it on its first flight it flys great. one thing I did notice it does not have the compass Icon in the lower center of the screen. Is there a way to turn this on and off thankyou
2020-6-11
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I don’t think there’s a way to pull up the compass... like the Spark has. You can tap on the map icon in lower left corner and tap on it again to get a full screen map. Either way that will show your drone symbol and you can check its heading relative to the map’s N S orientation.
2020-6-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

it should be visible....if you mean the aircraft orientation indicater bottem center screen.
if it is coloured red than no compass data from mobile device to the app.
cheers
JJB

Im2.png
2020-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, when the aircraft’s and mobile device’s GPS are strong, the navigator should work normally. May we have a screenshot of your Camera View? camera view.png
2020-6-11
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Please note that map view must be minimized in order for AC orientation indicator to be visible. Make sure that only map icon is visible in the bottom left corner.
If map is slightly expanded (show a rectangle map in the bottom left corner) than indicator disappears from the screen.

Mirek
2020-6-12
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

My RC is pointed North and the MA2 is headed North and the drone symbol is at the 12 o’clock position because the MA2 is at the RC’s 12 o’clock. Also the drone symbol is pointing directly away from the RC (North) so I know the MA2 compass is good.  You should do a quick compass check like this every flight. It just becomes second nature and your ability to interpret the indications gets really fast. If you lose sight of the drone you can use the symbol’s relative position/o’clock to find it visually or yaw until the symbol is pointed towards the center point of the 180 degree display and fly forward until you see/hear your drone.  If I turn to face East and the RC is facing East, the drone symbol will be at the 9 o'clock position on the 180 degree display.
0D90E815-C45F-49ED-8811-A9DD9F9F79F3.png
2020-6-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

I agree with you, always check before and after take off your compass !!

But as the Aircraft Orientation Indicator gets also info from mobile device (wich is not always correct) i check my compass in the map view.
Map view (default N up ) only get heading info from the drone, so check wich way the craft icon is pointing the the map view.

To make it easy, check i.e. if craft is align with a road or waterway etc....so ni need to know N E S W etc, just visualize it into the real world.

cheers
JJB
2020-6-12
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-12 09:59
I agree with you, always check before and after take off your compass !!

But as the Aircraft Orientation Indicator gets also info from mobile device (wich is not always correct) i check my compass in the map view.

The only issue there is a lot of roads (like section lines in the US), particularly if built parallel to latitude lines (True North), will show differently than Magnetic North which the drone and mobile device give.  Here in Arizona where I live the deviation is about -13 degrees but I think it's even more in Nevada.  And in Europe, good luck finding a NS or EW running road!!! LOL
2020-6-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rustic17 Posted at 6-12 10:33
The only issue there is a lot of roads (like section lines in the US), particularly if built parallel to latitude lines (True North), will show differently than Magnetic North which the drone and mobile device give.  Here in Arizona where I live the deviation is about -13 degrees but I think it's even more in Nevada.  And in Europe, good luck finding a NS or EW running road!!! LOL

true, but comparing heading to little mark points / roads / ect is an easy way to check compass.

see this, i saw my MM pointing liitle left offset that water line....so compass OKE
cheers
JJB
MMcompass check.png
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_5nGOjFI05Qdi
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-6-11 23:32
Hi there, when the aircraft’s and mobile device’s GPS are strong, the navigator should work normally. May we have a screenshot of your Camera View?[view_image][Image]

I’m having this problem. My orientation compass icon went away. How do you toggle that on and off? Mine won’t come on anymore.
2021-1-1
Use props
cLaNzKiLLeR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1360007 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_5nGOjFI05Qdi Posted at 1-1 21:06
I’m having this problem. My orientation compass icon went away. How do you toggle that on and off? Mine won’t come on anymore.

Hopefully this can help you guys find a fix for it.

As of now if you've updated the Fly App to v1.2.2, it is now gone and replaced with Attitude Indicator, but the troubleshooting and causes for the now 'blue circle' is the same.
Hope this animated + real time video can help to visualize and understand it better.
2021-1-6
Use props
Henry7722
lvl.3
Taiwan

cLaNzKiLLeR Posted at 1-6 00:42
Hopefully this can help you guys find a fix for it.
https://youtu.be/IIzUxyX3Hfk

2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules