commercial use allowed with the mini?
3143 6 2020-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Rider
lvl.1
Canada

I understand it being under 250g,  In canada, it requires no license or anything.  But what about using it for light commerical uses?
e.g.  fishing footages for fishermans on their facebook or social.   

Does commericial use with the mavic mini require special license in Canada?

2020-6-11
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Without raw probably will bar you from serious jobs. But small commercials like on insta should be ok.
2020-6-11
Use props
mrveronn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16093 ft
Canada

You are fine to use commercially in canada...no rules against commercial use. Regardless if you are in the micro-drone, or small-drone category with basic or advanced operations certificate...as long as you are a canadian citizen.
2020-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can set something up for them w/ the Mini I doubt it would matter much.  It would be a good start.
2020-6-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DJI Rider. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-6-12
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I've seen Mavic Mini(s) being used for commercial projects several times. Youtubers do (usually professionals in the entertainment sector)... but also people using serious programs to do photogrammetry.

I can't think of a single reason why a Mavic Mini couldn't be used for commercial applications.
2020-6-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

the Mavic Mini is unregulated in Canada, so anything goes as long as you respect the rule to not endanger aviation and people. Just be safe and it will be ok. I know a realestate person who use it to take areal pic of the house he sells.
2020-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules