123Next >
17145 105 2020-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niftiest
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279705 ft
United States

Figured since I've yet to see any other posts regarding the recent Android 11 Beta. The DJY Fly app does NOT run properly on it (I'm running on a Pixel), and crashes on load. This isn't DJI's fault obviously, as the Beta is opt-in only. but if you're considering it, don't, for now.
2020-6-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Niftiest. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this informative information. This information will be a very big help to our DJI co pilots who uses the DJI Fly application. JUst a reminder to always use the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application from compatibility and reliability purposes. Bellow is a link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_BYDB7koBZC8C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26909 ft
United States

I can confirm the same. Just came to the forums to see if anyone else was having this issue. Glad I am using the Android beta on a spare phone
2020-6-14
Use props
akawho
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-12 02:56
Hello there Niftiest. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this informative information. This information will be a very big help to our DJI co pilots who uses the DJI Fly application. JUst a reminder to always use the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application from compatibility and reliability purposes. Bellow is a link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

I've been running Android 11 Beta for a while now and just got my Mavic Air 2.
Any idea how long before DJI Fly app is updated to work on Android 11 beta?
Resetting my phone to go back to Android 10 isn't really a viable option. And no spare device at the moment.
Thanks
2020-6-24
Use props
clear
New

Canada

Thanks Niftiest, I needed this confirmation of what I was experiencing too.  I'd seen the link DJI Stephen linked to, but like you, that site suggests my Pixel 3 with "Android 6.0 or above" would qualify.  The issue is that it doesn't say Android 11 does not work.  I'm right with you that it's not DJI's fault but worth bringing to the attention of others as once 11 is out of Beta there may still not be support from DJI as there's no evidence that DJI are looking into this yet.
2020-6-30
Use props
Niftiest
lvl.2
United States

No problem! Glad I could help!
2020-6-30
Use props
Niftiest
lvl.2
United States

I have access to another Pixel on 11 Beta and keep checking from time to time. Still no go. But again, this isn't DJI's fault as you know. I'll post back as soon as I know it's running properly on Android 11!
2020-6-30
Use props
Niftiest
lvl.2
United States

akawho Posted at 6-24 18:30
I've been running Android 11 Beta for a while now and just got my Mavic Air 2.
Any idea how long before DJI Fly app is updated to work on Android 11 beta?
Resetting my phone to go back to Android 10 isn't really a viable option. And no spare device at the moment.

Unfortunately for the time being the only option is to revert to Android 10. Make sure you backup your music and DCIM (pictures) directories, sync your contacts and texts, etc prior to reverting and it's a fairly smooth transition back thereafter!
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_pZ9qRQ5Jd61T
New
Flight distance : 2090 ft
United States

Not only is it not working on 11 beta but I've tried 3 times to roll back to Android 10 and it just keeps putting me back in beta, I can't get out.  I'm grounded until October I guess.
2020-7-4
Use props
Niftiest
lvl.2
United States

I personally had an issue where I opted out of the beta and yet it still didn't roll me back I had to opt back in and then opt back out for it to stick. Hopefully that fixes it for you as well.
2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_dEQAInjPgJcE
New

United States

Niftiest Posted at 7-4 11:24
I personally had an issue where I opted out of the beta and yet it still didn't roll me back I had to opt back in and then opt back out for it to stick. Hopefully that fixes it for you as well.

Same issue happened to me, couldn't roll back. Still can't. What phone do you have? Did you do anything different the time it worked?
2020-7-17
Use props
Niftiest
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_dEQAInjPgJcE Posted at 7-17 15:06
Same issue happened to me, couldn't roll back. Still can't. What phone do you have? Did you do anything different the time it worked?

Nothing different, no. I just clicked and clicked again the opt in/out button on the site. I'm using a Pixel 2
2020-7-17
Use props
fansebfcff78
New
Flight distance : 26565 ft
Vietnam

Also got this problem. Is there any fix yet ? Thanks.
2020-7-25
Use props
fansc660faa4
New

Canada

Before you go all mental and you throw your phone in the garbage after updating, just know there are alternatives until the beta is done or until android comes out with a fix for the app.

I've updated to the Beta and, yes, the app stopped working. But i'm not using litchi and it's pretty decent. If you go on the app store, there are multiple third party apps you can use that do the same if not better a job as the dji app!

Go have a look!
2020-7-26
Use props
Niftiest
lvl.2
United States

Updating to let everyone know it's still not working. Again though this is not DJI's fault. It's a beta and I assume using hooks in libraries that the app needs on crucial levels. They may need to adjust accordingly prior to Android 11's full release, but for now patience is all we can have
2020-8-16
Use props
djiuser_TrRd1voWEvdK
New

United States

At this point, yes it is DJI's fault. 100 apps tested, zero fail other than DJI. It's not like people who fly drones aren't the types to load cutting-edge software. And it's the middle of August, several months later than what a reasonable enthusiast could have expected. Worse yet are the half dozen emails back and forth, and DJI tech support is still asking me what Android 11 is.
2020-8-19
Use props
Presc13nt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13875 ft
Netherlands

(Newbie here)
Aaaah ! Wish I had done more research haha
Just a few days ago I opted for the Beta on P4XL. And today i bought my Mavic Mini.

Luckily I always keep all my phones, so I will use my P2XL. (Sadly my P3XL has a shattered back).

Thanks for this thread though. Glad it's a known issue and that we can find this info
2020-8-24
Use props
djiuser_Lpsu0g1whnCR
New

U.S. Virgin Islands

djiuser_TrRd1voWEvdK Posted at 8-19 05:39
At this point, yes it is DJI's fault. 100 apps tested, zero fail other than DJI. It's not like people who fly drones aren't the types to load cutting-edge software. And it's the middle of August, several months later than what a reasonable enthusiast could have expected. Worse yet are the half dozen emails back and forth, and DJI tech support is still asking me what Android 11 is.

I agree, all my other apps work, this was a problem a while ago when android 10 came out and it was a few months before the app worked. They obviously do not have good developers imo
2020-8-31
Use props
Chahk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84199 ft
United States

Happens on every new Android release.  DJI purposefully do not allow their apps on beta OS versions.  Unfortunately this means that they don't even bother with making sure the app runs properly when the final OS version rolls out, and it takes them another month or so to sort things out.

Makes no sense to me - why not let people test on upcoming Android release?  Have a beta version via the Play Store opt-in, and let us help you get ahead of possible bugs.  That's literally what the beta opt-in was designed for by Google.

Bottom line - don't expect to use your drones until well into November, my fellow testers.
2020-9-2
Use props
djiuser_z0H5eQbe3y0Z
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Android 11 released today.
So starting tomorrow no pixel owners will be able to fly.

And inside a few weeks when Samsung update their premium models. None of those others will be flying either.
2020-9-8
Use props
djiuser_okFppR16brtD
lvl.1

United States

I can confirm that the app doesn't work with the official release of Android 11
2020-9-8
Use props
Tomasthanes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79862 ft
United States

djiuser_okFppR16brtD Posted at 9-8 12:18

I have a brand new Pixel 4 XL and I just updated to Android 11 today as well.  Its out of Beta and in General Release.  If the DJI app doesn't work with it, it's not Android's fault and DJI had plenty of notice.
2020-9-8
Use props
fans752ea940
New

United States

Please, DJI. Fix the app, or at least tell us you're working on it.
It's been 3 months now, and it is not like this is some small device-specific issue. The point of the beta program is for developers to fix things before the general release.
2020-9-8
Use props
djiuser_VIRl1OCXVCGQ
New
France

The same here on my pixel3a xl  the app dji go 4 crash at load on android 11 beta. Today I've migrate to android 11 release and it keep to crash at load. During beta version o'hare report bug with all stuff (video screen crash log etc) but dji never answered
2020-9-8
Use props
djiuser_aWgY6RSj536X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79662 ft
Netherlands

The recommended devices list says: Requires Android 6.0 or above.
For all Pixels currently released, Android 11 is above android 6 so it should be supported. Can this be fixed ASAP?
2020-9-8
Use props
fans0d33a929
lvl.1
Czechia

Pixel 3 XL with official Android 11. App doesn't work, like since public "Beta 1" for past 3 months and one week. No amount of words can express how angry I am. And also, I remember this exact thing happened with Android 10.
Are you serious DJI? Are you expecting I like to use my drone just some months every year? Or you recommend buy second device with old Android specifically for my drone?
I would get it for beta, but now you lost customer..
2020-9-8
Use props
djiuser_Dj8CPLgjYh4U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208100 ft
Malaysia

confirm! dji fly app crash on android 11.android 11 officially release yesterday and i'm can't open the apps.hope dji will fix this asap!
2020-9-9
Use props
jajani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2428 ft
Australia

Android 11 is officially out today and they still did not release the update. I work for a company and cater their iOS and android apps. We started working on Android 11 compatibility 2 months ago and released it last week. And our app is way more bigger than yours too. Get your sh*t together.
2020-9-9
Use props
TAC57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117835 ft
United States

djiuser_okFppR16brtD Posted at 9-8 12:18

Same here.  :-(  

Going on a week long vacation tomorrow so I'm seriously bummed out.
2020-9-9
Use props
adamjackson
New
United States

Exactly! The first Android 11 developer preview was released on February 19. You've had 6 1/2 months to make your app compatible. This is INSANE. I'm very disappointed and, honestly, furious. This is ridiculous. Get it together, DJI!
2020-9-9
Use props
TAC57
lvl.2
United States

fansc660faa4 Posted at 7-26 05:07
Before you go all mental and you throw your phone in the garbage after updating, just know there are alternatives until the beta is done or until android comes out with a fix for the app.

I've updated to the Beta and, yes, the app stopped working. But i'm not using litchi and it's pretty decent. If you go on the app store, there are multiple third party apps you can use that do the same if not better a job as the dji app!

Can anyone give recommendations of alternative apps to DJI Fly since I updated to Android 11 Beta on my Pixel 3 XL and am hosed?  

I'm specifically interested in any app that will support most of the video/photo of my Mavic Air 2.

Per this previous message I guess I'll give Litchi a try.
2020-9-9
Use props
adamjackson
New
United States

TAC57 Posted at 9-9 06:27
Can anyone give recommendations of alternative apps to DJI Fly since I updated to Android 11 Beta on my Pixel 3 XL and am hosed?  

I'm specifically interested in any app that will support most of the video/photo of my Mavic Air 2.

I would give it a try too, except for the fact that it's $25 for the Litchi app. I shouldn't have to pay more to be able to fly my $1k+ drone.
2020-9-9
Use props
TAC57
lvl.2
United States

Does not run properly is an understatement!  lol  It doesn't run at all.  

Guess I've learned NEVER upgrade to a Beta because I really can't search the web for every applilcation on my phone to see if there are any issues.

2020-9-9
Use props
TAC57
lvl.2
United States

Niftiest Posted at 6-30 13:03
Unfortunately for the time being the only option is to revert to Android 10. Make sure you backup your music and DCIM (pictures) directories, sync your contacts and texts, etc prior to reverting and it's a fairly smooth transition back thereafter!

It looks pretty painful to downgrade back to Android 10.  

https://9to5google.com/2020/08/07/how-to-downgrade-from-android-11-to-android-10-on-google-pixel-video/
2020-9-9
Use props
adamjackson
New
United States

TAC57 Posted at 9-9 06:50
It looks pretty painful to downgrade back to Android 10.  

Agreed. You lose everything because it requires you to load a factory image.
2020-9-9
Use props
TAC57
lvl.2
United States

Chahk Posted at 9-2 07:40
Happens on every new Android release.  DJI purposefully do not allow their apps on beta OS versions.  Unfortunately this means that they don't even bother with making sure the app runs properly when the final OS version rolls out, and it takes them another month or so to sort things out.

Makes no sense to me - why not let people test on upcoming Android release?  Have a beta version via the Play Store opt-in, and let us help you get ahead of possible bugs.  That's literally what the beta opt-in was designed for by Google.

Does anyone have an idea when DJI might update their app?  Mid November seem pretty harsh.
2020-9-9
Use props
Nicolas Dormont
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216168 ft
France

It's a fucking messe !
I just install the official Android11.
Guess what... DJIGO4 NOT WORKING ! Fuck off!! How its possible...
All my applications works
2020-9-9
Use props
Tomasthanes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79862 ft
United States

Tomasthanes Posted at 9-8 19:03
I have a brand new Pixel 4 XL and I just updated to Android 11 today as well.  Its out of Beta and in General Release.  If the DJI app doesn't work with it, it's not Android's fault and DJI had plenty of notice.

I contacted DJI on Twitter yesterday (where my question would be a bit more public) and this was their reply:

"As of now, the current version of our application doesn't support the Android 11. We will start adapting to the Android 11 OS soon. We already raised this also to our developers and hopefully, an update will be released immediately so kindly stay tuned. Thanks for understanding."

It's like they haven't even started to convert their app to Android 11 even though Google has been supporting developers throughout the world in updating their apps since it first went into beta.

The only thing that I can think is that there aren't that many DJI drone pilots using Android compared to iOS.  I'm sure that they're looking at the numbers and determining which apps to update but not to have even started is just sloppy and grounds us until they release their updated app.
2020-9-9
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

Nicolas Dormont Posted at 9-9 07:27
It's a fucking messe !
I just install the official Android11.
Guess what... DJIGO4 NOT WORKING ! Fuck off!! How its possible...

Add me to the list.  Pixel 2 updated to Android 11 this morning, now I'm grounded.  This is totally unacceptable on DJI's part.
2020-9-9
Use props
andrewyb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97375 ft
United States

I've had my mavic mini for 3 days and was able to fly it once before android 11 updated on my pixel 3. It was fun while it lasted. Please update the app!
2020-9-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules