No Live audio from Props - FPV Goggle work around?
5854 11 2020-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danimal27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I understand from other threads it's not possible to hear (live audio) your quad whilst flying, which I persoannly thingk was a bit of an oversight.  I was wondering if there was a hacker way to do this? Even if I need to solder an external mic to quad, but all options I've found go via the VTX.

Has anyone got a live audio feed using a quad running the DJI air unit? If so, please let me know how

Thanks,
Daniel

2020-6-11
Use props
Fritz Wlan
lvl.2

Germany

Currently this is not possible with DJI FPV gear. Since DJI uses software defined radios, to my knowledge, it may be possible to add this funktion via a firmware update. I do not know if an output via USB-C of the goggles would be possible from a hardware perspective. As of now you would have to add an extra transmitter (analog VTX with audio capabilities) to your quad which interferes with the dji signal at such close placement.

Basically: not possible in a senseful way. Switch to an anlaog setup, maybe with a split cam, if you want live audio.
2020-6-12
Use props
JKoehorst
New

Netherlands

I also would really like to have live sound. I'm sure they could add it in the firmware and sacrifice 0.1Mbs for the audio transmission. I hope this will happen in the future.
2020-6-17
Use props
manc01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 96880 ft
Australia

This really would be a great thing to add to the next firmware update. Is there any indication of when the next update may be released? I think that we are overdue for one.
2020-6-17
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

you'd have to wire up a mic separately and listen over an analog signal for right now. i am hopeful that they will add it eventually. that audio jack ain't there for no reason
2020-6-17
Use props
Fritz Wlan
lvl.2

Germany

Kreeze Posted at 6-17 17:54
you'd have to wire up a mic separately and listen over an analog signal for right now. i am hopeful that they will add it eventually. that audio jack ain't there for no reason

That’s AV (analog video) input. Not an audio jack.
2020-6-18
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fritz Wlan Posted at 6-18 01:11
That’s AV (analog video) input. Not an audio jack.

I tested the jack with earphones playing back videos that had audio and the audio jack is functional. The joystick even controls volume. It works for analog in and audio out.
2020-6-18
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

Tom_A Posted at 6-18 07:19
I tested the jack with earphones playing back videos that had audio and the audio jack is functional. The joystick even controls volume. It works for analog in and audio out.

yup! it does both. i guess they did that so you can watch movies with the goggles? haha
2020-6-18
Use props
Avolate
lvl.2

United States

They dont even have a microphone on the Vista DJI system.   I looked at the teardown trying to see if there was one and I cant see it.
2020-6-18
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kreeze Posted at 6-18 07:34
yup! it does both. i guess they did that so you can watch movies with the goggles? haha

You could swap cards with the air unit after flying to watch your flights with audio. You might be able to get this to work with a GoPro depending on the recording settings, but I have not tried this yet. Since the Vista does not record video, it may not have a microphone.
2020-6-19
Use props
fans095fe06b
New

France

Hi
Does anyone have any news about this?
Thanks
2021-4-24
Use props
TROUBLEBIRD
lvl.2