Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go Android App Flight Simulator
1558 2 2020-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigNutz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402730 ft
United States

Hey Yo's:

I hope everyone still has solid lungs and 99% O2 levels in the blood.

Quick question, I've owned a DJI platform for the last 9 or so months, started with a Phantom 3 Standard, about 4 months ago added an Inspire 1 v2.0 so chicks would dig me.

Both use the same DJI Go Android app and I have minimal issues with them. However, every so often I enjoy taking a road-trip on the Information Super Highway called the Internet. During my adventures from one World Wide Web page to another, I enjoy learning more about sUAS and how people can be Amish Shunned for years by the community for using the "d" word (you know, rhymes with word "Brone"?). I've seen a lot of interesting sUAS social media videos and photos, but there is one thing I am frustrated by.

I have seen referenced no fewer than 300 times, and just as many websites, sUAS people discussing how great they find the DJI Go App Flight Simulator which they use by connecting thier controller to the device like one would if actually flying. In fact, not once, not twice, but thrice whilst viewing some video course I'm taking which is teaching me how to make a few $Million using a drone, they start in about how fancy and great this simulator is, and how cool they are because they are using it.

They all say to find the button on the aircraft selection page of the DJI Go app, but they are all LIARS! There is NO BUTTON!! Now, I do have the DJI PC Software flight simulator downloaded onto my computer, and that much to my intense shock, actually worked when connected to the Inspire controller, albeit about as slow and choppy as an old Apple IIe from the days of real bulliton boards.

Anyways, can anyone help out a frustrated ginger kid just wanting to show chicks his cool simulator???

Thanks!

BN
2020-6-12
Use props
drpakmanesh
New

United Kingdom

wow

2020-6-14
Use props
Bazeemuth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7867 ft

United States

Yeah "wow", and from someone who *has* located and run the DJI Go "simulator" at one point, (a) I don't remember how I got there, offhand, and (b) you really aren't missing anything, especially if you've used the PC sim.

And funny thing about that PC sim: DJI or their sim-subcontractor went to quite a bit of trouble to bring us a visual overdose of detailed realms in which to practice our piloting, and then stopped *this* much short of making a tool that's actually useful, by not modeling ANY of the environment sensing capabilities with which DJI aircraft are equipped. So while we could have been using the sim to become familiar with the way the obstacle avoidance sensors work, for example, inside a safe consequence-free world, we're left with a simplified version of reality that's a fun game, but that's only 95% of the way to the threshold of real value to the DRONE pilot. Why? Why not talk to the engineers, get the code for the obstacle detection and avoidance, and do the last 5%?
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules