I thought I fix the Gimbal Motor Overload issues....
7949 19 2020-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received the MA2 a few days ago on Monday..... i did all the firmware update and went for maiden test.....after less than 1 minute of flight flying less than 1000 ft with altitude about 100ft +. Gimbal motor overload pop up. The video transmission was choppy so I brought the A/C back. While searching this forum, I found that I am not the only one have this issue. Its out of the box brand new drone. I did all the suggested calibrations and I thought I had fixed it flying for 7 mins to a distance about 8000ft but during RTH to about 1000ft GIMBAL MOTOR OVERLOAD pop up suddenly. All the way back to homepoint, the video was choppy.

Really upset for this brand new drone that sent to me after a long wait for delivery.

Check this out....

[youtube][/youtube]

Enjoy!!!
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_OYcsbZH381jm
New

United Arab Emirates

Same with me. That is called gimbal motor overloaded jello effect.

2020-6-12
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_OYcsbZH381jm Posted at 6-12 12:10

Ok....so did you returned it for replacement?
2020-6-12
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

You probably check that, but just in case - make sure you got all the transport stickers off the gimbal  and camera. I missed one of them at the beginning...
2020-6-12
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

motia Posted at 6-12 14:23
You probably check that, but just in case - make sure you got all the transport stickers off the gimbal  and camera. I missed one of them at the beginning...

Thanks for remind.....I had look at the gimbal and camera inside out. All stickers are out. I think its one of the million one that are defective.
2020-6-12
Use props
fans8506bccd
lvl.1

Australia

Having the same issue on my brand new mavic air 2 as well. Seems to be a huge issue. DJI pick up your game!
2020-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that, please check whether the gimbal is obstructed by anything, if not, please refresh the aircraft's firmware. If the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent back for the evaluation. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2020-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_OYcsbZH381jm Posted at 6-12 12:10

Sorry to know you have the same issue, please follow the steps below for troubleshooting.
1. Does it happen only in Sport Mode or all modes?
In the sport mode, the attitude angle of the aircraft is greater than that of other modes. In the case of a large change in the driving rod, the adjustment limit of the gimbal is exceeded, resulting in an overload of the gimbal motor. This is a normal phenomenon and you are suggested to play softer.

2. If it happens in other modes:
1) Please refresh the aircraft firmware to the latest firmware;
2) Please ensure the gimbal protector has been removed each time;
3) Please check when the aircraft is placed on the level ground, whether the gimbal is uneven or if the gimbal obstructed by anything.
4) Please ensure the arms of the aircraft are unfolded, the gimbal may be stuck by the propellers of the rear arm;
5) Please double-check whether the gimbal vibration-absorbing damper or the gimbal axis were damaged.
6) Did you attach a third-party filter? If yes, please remove it, Mavic Air 2's gimbal does not support the installation of third-party filter accessories.
7) Please calibrate the IMU and the gimbal in DJI Fly APP.
2020-6-13
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-13 02:19
Hi there, we are sorry to hear that, please check whether the gimbal is obstructed by anything, if not, please refresh the aircraft's firmware. If the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent back for the evaluation. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

This is a brand new drone out of  the box, did the first flight with this gimbal motor overload issue.
Don't you think it should be  "REPLACEMENT" instead of evaluation or repair?
2020-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 6-13 02:30
This is a brand new drone out of  the box, did the first flight with this gimbal motor overload issue.
Don't you think it should be  "REPLACEMENT" instead of evaluation or repair?

If the drone is still in the replacement window and it is brand-new, the replacement service could be provided, please email to support@dji.com with the details including the SN, your personal information, the proof of purchase, the issue, our team will help further.
2020-6-13
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Mindy!
The MA2 FMC is on the way back to your CA facility. Hope next week I will receive a new Fly More Combo.
2020-6-13
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Mindy Could you check for me how fast would they ship my Replacement?
2020-6-18
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

When you received bad unit and now you have to wait and wait for them to ship a Replacement to you. This is my first time dealing with DJI support after all these years really tasted the bad response. The agent I chatted who setup the Replacement case number told me the turn around for me is 8 Business days. Well its already 7th Business day and yet they still need to verify the unit. And here nobody going to help you.I thought DJI can do better. I should have returned this unit back to Amazon for full refund, instead dealing with DJI.
2020-6-18
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So DJI CA Facility received my aircraft on Wednesday morning, and need verification blah, now what? Take one week to verify and one week to approve for Replacement ? Then one week to ship to me? I paid $1000 USD for a brand new drone. You better send me a new one instead of refurbished. And warn you guy you better pray that nothing happen to your drone or else dealing with DJI is a pain in the axx.
2020-6-20
Use props
Bad.Camera
lvl.1
United States

Just received my DJI Mavic Air 2 today. Having this issue from the first flight. No decals, nothing blocking the gimbal. Ran the calibration twice, and will now reinstall the firmware.
2020-7-14
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bad.Camera Posted at 7-14 16:18
Just received my DJI Mavic Air 2 today. Having this issue from the first flight. No decals, nothing blocking the gimbal. Ran the calibration twice, and will now reinstall the firmware.

Hope its help when reinstall firmware. But nothing fix for me. Return for replacement the best option.
2020-7-14
Use props
Bad.Camera
lvl.1
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 7-14 16:30
Hope its help when reinstall firmware. But nothing fix for me. Return for replacement the best option.

I wasn't able to figure out how to reinstall the firmware. Switching the Gimbal mode to FPV Mode sometimes fixes the issue, but eventually leads to a repeat of the same scenario.

This is the experience of a BRAND NEW drone.
2020-7-15
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bad.Camera Posted at 7-15 10:53
I wasn't able to figure out how to reinstall the firmware. Switching the Gimbal mode to FPV Mode sometimes fixes the issue, but eventually leads to a repeat of the same scenario.

This is a the experience of a BRAND NEW drone.

You better call or chat with DJI tech support and ask for replacement. Remember to say its brand new out of the box.
2020-7-15
Use props
Bad.Camera
lvl.1
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 7-15 11:02
You better call or chat with DJI tech support and ask for replacement. Remember to say its brand new out of the box.

I talked with DJI and they recommended I replace the drone.  Now, I play another waiting game. lol
2020-7-15
Use props
fans49b854d6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1430226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just had the same issue with a newly replaced Zoom. When I flew in breeze, got the gimbal overload error. I went into the DJI app on my smart controller, tried to auto calibrate, got to 20% then same error. I then noticed the horizon was tilted, so did a manual adjust to correct horizon, then problem went away. I was able to do an auto-calibrate just fine. Next test will be a breezy day @ 400 ft.....
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules