Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CPU "overload" all the time!!
6785 22 2020-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI, a few days ago I didn't quite fly away a battery in warm but not hot weather.
I used 4K 60p h265. At the end of the flight I received a message that the CPU is overloaded and that there may be dropouts or transmission problems.

Now I get this information every time I start the Air2.
This leads to problems with the preview transmission and the general transmission quality with partial image freezes of up to 2 seconds or stuttering of the live image. I could not find any problems in the recorded footage.

But the particularly good transmission quality as in the first time has now suffered and since then it has not been as good as at the beginning,
which I find very unfortunate because I loved it so much on my new drone. What can I do now? Many thanks for your help.

Stay healthy.
Greetings Guido

2020-6-12
Use props
Mirek L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

MA2 may have problem with overheating during 4k60fps filming. This has been reported in this forum before.
You mesage may be related to that or it may indicate a problem with h/w or f/w.
I would try to rinstall firmware first.
If this doe not help contact DJI support and provide them with your flight log.

Mirek
2020-6-12
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Mirek L Posted at 6-12 07:24
MA2 may have problem with overheating during 4k60fps filming. This has been reported in this forum before.
You mesage may be related to that or it may indicate a problem with h/w or f/w.
I would try to rinstall firmware first.

Sorry I don't want to sound overbearing, but everyone knows that you can contact support.

Furthermore, I was not talking about overheating, but overcrowding !!

This is not only a huge difference, you can also write it differently!

overload is not overheat!
ps. otherwise my drone is cold rather than warm after the flight.

2020-6-12
Use props
Mirek L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

MavGuido Posted at 6-12 08:00
Sorry I don't want to sound overbearing, but everyone knows that you can contact support.

All right - I would try firmware re-install.
CPU overload may be related to some glitch which causes CPU to work harder than it should.
I do not recall CPU overload reported here before so this is not a known or frequently occurring problem.

Mirek
2020-6-12
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Have you tried recording to the internal storage instead of your SD card? If the card isn't able to write out the data fast enough, that might trigger the message.
2020-6-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

My suggestion would be is not to Cache the video to your iPad when recording.
Also be sure to turn off all apps when flying. I receive this once or twice when I first
got my MPZ, after doing what I suggested I haven't seen it since and I have flown in
Arizona and Louisiana in summer. I'm using the iPad mini 4 wifi version.
2020-6-12
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

MavGuido Posted at 6-12 08:00

lol.  wtf?
2020-6-13
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Woe Posted at 6-12 09:16
My suggestion would be is not to Cache the video to your iPad when recording.
Also be sure to turn off all apps when flying. I receive this once or twice when I first
got my MPZ, after doing what I suggested I haven't seen it since and I have flown in

Hello Woe, that sounds very helpful and makes sense!
I have had it with an old iPad Mini2 and has run an compass in the background, while the latest ios has it no more. So it is a good chance that the pad is to slow for caching.

I will try it with decache and without background activities, also i will use my Huawei P20 to test that out.
Thanks that was a very good hint where i would not have thought, many thanks again!

I will try that an give you a report! :-)
Regards Guido
2020-6-13
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

MisterFrag Posted at 6-12 09:02
Have you tried recording to the internal storage instead of your SD card? If the card isn't able to write out the data fast enough, that might trigger the message.

Also thank you to you Mister Frag, i will test a faster Card for 4K60p, good idea!!!
Thanks and regards Guido
2020-6-13
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

MisterFrag Posted at 6-12 09:02

I use an Sandisk Extreme U3 V30 A2
Did you think this is enough?

Thanks and regards Guido
2020-6-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

MavGuido Posted at 6-13 23:44
Hello Woe, that sounds very helpful and makes sense!
I have had it with an old iPad Mini2 and has run an compass in the background, while the latest ios has it no more. So it is a good chance that the pad is to slow for caching.

No problem. That's what this forum is all about.
2020-6-14
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

The CPU overloaded message usually refers to the CPU of the phone, not the drone. What device are you using?
2020-6-14
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
United States

MavGuido Posted at 6-14 00:29
I use an Sandisk Extreme U3 V30 A2
Did you think this is enough?

If it’s genuine, yes. If it is a cheap fake, maybe not.
2020-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Guido. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these trouble. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition, the application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Kindly please try to switch the mobile device to Airplane Mode to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2020-6-16
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-16 01:11
Hello there Guido. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these trouble. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition, the application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Kindly please try to switch the mobile device to Airplane Mode to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.

Hello Stephen and thank you for your repost.
I have an iPad Mini 2 without Cellular, so i thought it is no  airplane mode, but i will look.

When i set the drone to 30p instead of 60p the message did not return.
Thanks and regards Guido
2020-6-20
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
United States

There are two other settings you can try: on the Transmission menu, select Smooth instead of HD. You'll get a slightly lower resolution live video feed that requires less bandwidth for transmission and fewer CPU cycles to decode. And in the Camera menu, try turning off the Caching when Recording option.
2020-6-20
Use props
Straker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8431946 ft
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 2020-6-20 09:42
There are two other settings you can try: on the Transmission menu, select Smooth instead of HD. You'll get a slightly lower resolution live video feed that requires less bandwidth for transmission and fewer CPU cycles to decode. And in the Camera menu, try turning off the Caching when Recording option.

Thanks. I ran a hyperlapse mission and I watched the drone land home while the screen was showing a mission capture. I'll try this, I have been having this issue since I got the MA2. I used the MA for 2 years with the ipad mini 4 with no issues, now this.
2021-1-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I also use a Sandisk Extreme U3 V30 A2.  I have two of them and they have been flawless and smooth.  The Samsung EVO Plus which is also recommended seems to have some artifacts.  It may be that the Samsung EVO Plus cards are A1 and not designed for multiple simultaneous read/write operations such as A2 cards.  

But if you are using a Sandisk Extreme U3 V30 A2 I doubt it is the card.  

The Overload Warning sounds like a bottleneck issue and not enough CPU throughput.  I would also suggest trying to reinstall the firmware using the DJI Assistant for Mavic or the Consumer version.  My initial thoughts are that it is not temperature related and that the firmware errantly installed and is consuming processor capacity.  
2021-1-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 2020-6-14 05:27
The CPU overloaded message usually refers to the CPU of the phone, not the drone. What device are you using?

This is correct, the CPU overload is referring to the CPU in your phone, not the aircraft.
2021-1-9
Use props
yamas
lvl.1

Brazil

Yes, the CPU of the phone or device used to run dji fly. A interisting thing is that I use Ipad 4 and I´m experiencing this awful situation. Having a terrible video delay.  But when I use the same device to fly a inspire 2, for exemple, over djiGo4 I don´t have problem. That means the APP have some issue... What is that? I´m very  sad for having U$1299 investment to get a better tool, but it does not work well. DJI, I´m really sad!!!
2021-12-20
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

MavGuido Posted at 2020-6-12 08:00

Over heating causes throttling.  Throttling on a drone's CPU is the same concept as on a computer where the CPU or GPU reduces power and through put too cool temperatures.  When the power is reduced and CPU through put potential is decrease this typically will cause the CPU to bottleneck which is the equivalent of an overload where more data is being sent CPU than it can process.
2021-12-23
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

DJI Fly will not work with an iPad mini 4.  It used to work but CPU overload has been a constant on that device for that last 6 or so versions of Fly.  I just had to buy a 2021 iPad mini to replace my 4 because it would no longer fly my drone.
2022-1-1
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Calm down guys, i never had that issue again, also on my old ipad.
In the end it was a to slow SD card and to much sun and the biggest point was that i have had bluetooth enabled.
Also i no more using this drone. :-)
2022-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules