Mavic Mini - Two issues - Drifting & Battery
1258 8 2020-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elorenz
lvl.1
United States

Hey everyone, im hoping someone can give me some guidance on how to fix this problem or if my Mini is broken.

The first issue is with hovering in place. When i first take off the drone immediatly drifts backwards about 3-4 feet, after that it can't maintain position. It drifts around with no wind. When moving forward at full speed then letting off the trigger, the drone might change altitudes (up an down) by up to 5 feet. When bringing it in for a landing it's kind of a pain in the butt because it wont just come to a position and go straight down. It drifts around again. I also get the "Strong Wind Warning" when I shouldnt. Even flying indoors with zero wind I get the strong wind warning and the drone just drifts around.

The second issue is a battery. I have the 3 slot battery bank thing with three batteries. The other two batteries charge fine but when it gets to the 3rd battery it will not charge. It shows the two lights on the right flashing but not charging. It doesnt matter which slot this battery is in, same two flashing lights in that pocket. However when i remove the other 2 already charged batteries and put just this one battery in, it will charge by itself. I am using the supplied DJI charging cables and plug.

Ive gone through and done an r/c calibration, gimble calibration and IMU calibration. No success. Ive checked the firmware on everything and it all up to date.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks guys.

I could take video of its behaviour if that would help also.
2020-6-12
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

You should change the propellers on your Mavic Mini. It's weird if you're not getting the -motor speed error- but all the indications point at a deformed propellers problem.

As for the battery I suspect it might be a problem with the bms chip and swiftly swapping one for another might be faster than the electronics needs to require a new handshake with the battery, thus providing charge as if it were the same battery that was in just moments before.
2020-6-12
Use props
Elorenz
lvl.1
United States

m80116 Posted at 6-12 17:04
You should change the propellers on your Mavic Mini. It's weird if you're not getting the -motor speed error- but all the indications point at a deformed propellers problem.

As for the battery I suspect it might be a problem with the bms chip and swiftly swapping one for another might be faster than the electronics needs to have require new handshake with the battery, thus providing charge as if it were the same battery that was in just moments before.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that one of the first things i did was replace all 8 of the propellers because i thought the same thing.

I bought the 'fly more kit' with extra props. Do you think it could be a bad batch of props?
2020-6-12
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

DJI Support advise always to refresh the firmware with DJI Assistent. It helps in some cases. Make sure all of your batteries are up to date too.
If it doesn't help, contact DJI to solve the problem. Your drone doesn't act normal.
2020-6-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya

it does help to post your flightlogs in wich 'things' happens.

Use this > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2020-6-13
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Elorenz Posted at 6-12 20:23
Sorry, I forgot to mention that one of the first things i did was replace all 8 of the propellers because i thought the same thing.

I bought the 'fly more kit' with extra props. Do you think it could be a bad batch of props?

Could be. There's a wonderful help from this forum. Search for hover test, we know the reference speeds (rpm) for a normal hover inside, the guys will quickly tell you based in rpm speeds from the .dat file if your Mini is requiring more rpm than normal to stay afloat, thus giving a good indication whether or not the props are good and producing enough lift.
2020-6-13
Use props
Elorenz
lvl.1
United States

m80116 Posted at 6-13 01:59
Could be. There's a wonderful help from this forum. Search for hover test, we know the reference speeds (rpm) for a normal hover inside, the guys will quickly tell you based in rpm speeds from the .dat file if your Mini is requiring more rpm than normal to stay afloat, thus giving a good indication whether or not the props are good and producing enough lift.

I want to thank everyone for their respones. The drone was a gift and when i talked to my g/f today about what is going on with it she told me she purchased the DJI Care Refresh with the drone. So after reading the agreement it looks as though DJI should just replace my drone or fix it. I'm working on establishing communication with them now. Thanks guys!

2020-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Elorenz. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issue with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since you have done multiple troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue but still the issue persists. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible and thank you you for understanding.
2020-6-14
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You did the right thing going through DJI. If you did all the calibrations, changed props etc and it still had issues there is something wrong with the unit. Same with the battery, if it is faulty they will replace it.
2020-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules