Matrice 210 RTK MISB-compliant video
3784 8 2020-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ejuser-ops
lvl.1

Canada

I am attempting to integrate Matrice 210 RTK video into Geographic Information System (GIS) software such as ArcGIS Full Motion Video (FMV)

Does the Matrice 210 RTK produce MISB complient video (i.e. with embedded metadata) when recording in the MP4 format?
Or, am I required to access the flight logs from the Matrice similar to the what's done with a Phantom or Mavic is order to apply georeferencing to video?

2020-6-12
Use props
ejuser-ops
lvl.1

Canada

Had a couple of grammatical errors in my first post.  I needed to clean it up.

Does the M210 V2 RTK produce MISB complient video (i.e. with embedded metadata) when recording in the MP4 format? Or, am I required to access the flight logs from the Matrice similar to what's done with a Phantom or Mavic in order to apply georeferencing to video?
2020-6-15
Use props
BoPRC Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 548255 ft
New Zealand

Was there an outcome for this? Am keen to know the answer to this!
2020-7-19
Use props
ejuser-ops
lvl.1

Canada

I should not have assumed an enterprise level DJI RPAS (i.e. M210) would record video in MISB compliant format. I received nothing back from the community regarding my original post. From the research I have done, the M210 V2 RTK does not produce MISB compliant video. As a work around, I am trying to get the flight records off the CrystalSky device to run ESRI's video multiplexer tool.  It's a far from seamless process.
2020-7-20
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

ejuser-ops Posted at 7-20 04:04
I should not have assumed an enterprise level DJI RPAS (i.e. M210) would record video in MISB compliant format. I received nothing back from the community regarding my original post. From the research I have done, the M210 V2 RTK does not produce MISB compliant video. As a work around, I am trying to get the flight records off the CrystalSky device to run ESRI's video multiplexer tool.  It's a far from seamless process.

I think in regards to this data you might be better served in a facebook group.
I am sorry that I cannot remember the group name but others have sought to extract the GEO data from the Exif files also and I believe a simple program is the answer.
If I find it again, I will pass it on.
2020-8-3
Use props
fans3536bd28
lvl.1

United States

ejuser-ops Posted at 7-20 04:04

Have you been successful with this? I'm attempting to do the same thing.
2020-8-31
Use props
Brett Cirulis
New

Australia

Hey all, any solutions to this? Looking to do the same soon as well.  I have tried manually doing it on a Mavic but sensor angle isn't recorded in the flight log.  Anyone know if this is the case with the matrice series?

Cheers
Brett
2020-11-13
Use props
UnmannedGeo
New

United States

I don't believe it is currently possible to get true MISB FMV-spec metadata right off of a DJI drone.  However Remote Geo's LineVision software has a way to geotag the video with the DJI Flight Record log TXT file to get at some of the gimbal camera metadata.  Then you can adjust some settings like camera FOV and altitude offset to dial in the where the drone gimbal camera is looking on the map with the field of view.

There is even an option to export a CSV compatible with Esri FMV Multiplexer so you can turn it into MISB-spec FMV if using the Esri GIS software.  Here is a YouTube video on the topic:  https://youtu.be/4DRaNJBBMX0
2020-12-14
Use props
fans55f01022
lvl.1

Albania

Hello
Im flying a mavic 2 pro with Litchi software for some video recording and creating the MISB FMV data for Esri ArcGIs,
Does anyone had a problem with camera footprint when upload the MISB video to ARcGIs?im using the same dron with same software and same parameters and sometimes the result is ok,sometimes the video footprint desapear and can not do measurements when open to ArcGIs
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules