3580 13 2020-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeduardoh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38274 ft
Spain

Strange sound in mavic mini
I hear a strange sound when I start the engines of the Mavic Mini (Without taking it off) I have had the Mavic Mini for a week and I don't know if this sound is normal. I removed the propellers to try and isolate the sound
The noise is not coming from the engines, it seems to be coming from the body of the drone (a fan?). The gimbal works well.
When I turn off the engines (not the drone), the noise disappears.
The drone works fine, I don't remember if the sound was there before, I just heard it because I turned it on in a quieter environment.  (The drone is updated to the latest version) No banging

This is the sound:

Someone else presents this sound.. Is it normal?
2020-6-12
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Definitely an anomaly.

I am wondering if it is propeller play on the mounting screw or something more innerly related to the motors. I'd try to isolate the noise by using the RC sticks to slow down/accelerate L/R propellers while stationary on the ground, going even more in depth remove every propeller from the motors except for a set on a single unit try each one by one.

If it is motor bearing you should be able to tell something different by rotating the props by hands, try gentle pulling and pushing on the spindle anche check for play.
2020-6-12
Use props
fans84ffe9ab
lvl.1
Spain

m80116 Posted at 6-12 16:42
Definitely an anomaly.

I am wondering if it is propeller play on the mounting screw or something more innerly related to the motors. I'd try to isolate the noise by using the RC sticks to slow down/accelerate L/R propellers while stationary on the ground, going even more in depth remove every propeller from the motors except for a set on a single unit try each one by one.

I removed all the propellers, and then systematically one by one. The noise still persists. (The impressive noise coming from the engine body)
The noise can probably be normal, because in an open environment it is difficult to hear it; that is why many people do not detect it.

Another video

2020-6-13
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

fans84ffe9ab Posted at 6-13 01:47
I removed all the propellers, and then systematically one by one. The noise still persists. (The impressive noise coming from the engine body)
The noise can probably be normal, because in an open environment it is difficult to hear it; that is why many people do not detect it.

because in an open environment it is difficult to hear it

No, I've also flown inside a few times and just let the engines run without taking off. I never heard such a scratching sound.
2020-6-13
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

At this point I am unsure if I could help.

Can you exclude it isn't the hard surface the Mini was apparently laid upon? I seem to notice at least one front leg that does not even touch the surface. Is it touching on all its four feet (two front legs, both rear prongs)? Try resting it on a soft surface. Otherwise there might be something loose inside, a piece of snapped plastic could be a possible culprit. You can try shaking it powered off and see if you can hear some rattling inside.
2020-6-13
Use props
fans84ffe9ab
lvl.1
Spain

m80116 Posted at 6-13 02:07
At this point I am unsure if I could help.

Can you exclude it isn't the hard surface the Mini was apparently laid upon? I seem to notice at least one front leg that does not even touch the surface. Is it touching on all its four feet (two front legs, both rear prongs)? Try resting it on a soft surface. Otherwise there might be something loose inside, a piece of snapped plastic could be a possible culprit. You can try shaking it powered off and see if you can hear some rattling inside.

Thank you for your answers, and the interest in my case.
On a smooth surface it's the same noise. I don't feel any loose parts with the drone off.
Sometimes I'm a bit strict with the noises, with the propellers on the noise is more difficult to notice (that's why I say that probably many people will not notice the noise before, many use the auto takeoff)

The drone's working fine, but I'm worried that if it's anything abnormal it might fail in mid-air.

2020-6-13
Use props
djiuser_rukQzTcWxMgY
lvl.2

France

fans84ffe9ab Posted at 6-13 03:06
Thank you for your answers, and the interest in my case.
On a smooth surface it's the same noise. I don't feel any loose parts with the drone off.
Sometimes I'm a bit strict with the noises, with the propellers on the noise is more difficult to notice (that's why I say that probably many people will not notice the noise before, many use the auto takeoff)

Its a normal sound of a mavic mini running without the propellers,the motors make different noise and since they are running,im not surprised about this different noise
2020-6-13
Use props
fans84ffe9ab
lvl.1
Spain

djiuser_rukQzTcWxMgY Posted at 6-13 03:15
Its a normal sound of a mavic mini running without the propellers,the motors make different noise and since they are running,im not surprised about this different noise

it's a different sound from the engines, it sounds like a "clac" that comes apparently from the body, in the first video it's "clearer"
2020-6-13
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

fans84ffe9ab Posted at 6-13 03:52
it's a different sound from the engines, it sounds like a "clac" that comes apparently from the body, in the first video it's "clearer"

Sounds like loose screw or unsecured (unglued) electronics to me...
2020-6-13
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

fans84ffe9ab Posted at 6-13 01:47
I removed all the propellers, and then systematically one by one. The noise still persists. (The impressive noise coming from the engine body)

That’s definitely not normal. Open a ticket with DJI immediately!
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd return the drone and not fly it again
2020-6-14
Use props
fans84ffe9ab
lvl.1
Spain

This is the sound with the propellers on.  Again, it could be normal?.  Or I'm very paranoid.

2020-6-14
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There are no fans in the mini.
2020-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there is a strange sound that is coming from your DJI Mavic Mini when you power it on. Even though that you feel that the said drone is working properly. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support Team at  https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to check the said drone and to avoid any unwanted flight incident. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Thank you.
2020-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules