Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POLL: Problem with new firmware or no?
123Next >
11127 103 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Still on 1.1.9  ....   I think most of the voters here have problems... THOSE WHO DOES NOT HAVE ISSUE... IS NOT ON THIS FORUM ...
2015-6-25
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

SectorDrone Posted at 2015-6-26 09:19
Still on 1.1.9  ....   I think most of the voters here have problems... THOSE WHO DOES NOT HAVE ISSU ...

thats not true at all, forum ppl are geeks! They are here with or without problems, its their hobby in the end. I bet many ppl with problem will not use a forum as well, its not a rule that ppl with problems go in forums or vote here, this vote is for everybody. Most ppl with problems will just call DJI
2015-6-26
Use props
gramstrup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9112270 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Same problem here. 1.2.6, cannot hold altitude and very unstable flight. Please fix it - I will not fly before it is fixed.
2015-6-27
Use props
ysicheng
lvl.1

Singapore

Starting to have 2 warnings. 1 - Gimbal motor overload and 2 - VPS system error
2015-6-27
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

ysicheng@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-28 08:29
Starting to have 2 warnings. 1 - Gimbal motor overload and 2 - VPS system error

Same here...reinstalled all software, "Successful Update" messages, recalibrate, recalibrate, recalibrate (ad nauseum)

The dang thing is broke and it IS dji's fault, 55% responding say so and it's NOT the user's fault. DJI, FIX IT!
2015-6-28
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-6-26 16:14
thats not true at all, forum ppl are geeks! They are here with or without problems, its their hobby ...

I agree the problem is worse than the moderators and dji would like for you to believe,  My altitude readings are off and of course I have to have the vps shut off also, as it has problems. With vps on , if I take off and then land, let it set for a bit with motors running,  It will eventually try to take off on its own.

People have been made fun of, belittled and heckled. For saying that they didn't think it was safe to fly there phantom,  Do you blame any one for not wanting to post, and tell of there problems,  looking at the number of views, and people perusing  the sight  and the number of posts.

I would say the numbers in the voting poles are probably somewhat accurate and significant,  And need to be reviewed as a much larger number of problems , than just the number of people voting, one way or the other. I certainly hope a firm ware upgrade will fix this and I hope it is soon.

Lots of people have also just given up and are waiting to see if a firmware upgrade is coming ,  Some would lead you to believe that there is no hurry,  and that only a very few are having problems, I have checked with pay pal, mine will go back before dispute deadline is reached.

I love the p3p the technology is incredible, But I expect it to work, I bought it because Of the upgraded features from my p2v+,  Well none of the upgraded features work properly,  the vps is disabled and the upgraded video lags,  It does stupid things on its own, the hardware is integrated. all in one board.

So far for me  this is a step backwards,  I will send back soon if not fixed by firmware, and buy the inspire, that is after I make sure that it doesn't have same problems.  This time I will buy direct from dji,  I do not want to hang a dealer here in the US with a return, and a loss for them on DJI's behalf.

2015-6-28
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I think it can safely be said that DJI monitors this forum regularly.
  It would seem foolish of them not to as this is a very obvious place for people to go to discuss their issues and seek solutions.
DJI should also be aware that like me, many, many potential customers are here taking note.... and waiting.
I will not be taking the plunge until issues with FW updates are FAR from the current level of 55%

Fantastic platform, but let's get the bugs worked out DJI.   Pronto.
2015-6-28
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

I'd be happy if they just allowed a rollback of the last "firmware update". Mine worked fine before and now it's a brick as far as I'm concerned. It won't hold steady anymore after releasing controls. It bobs up and down, as high as 12 ft and as low as bumping the ground with a nice "toilet bowl swirl effect". If DJI doesn't have a patch by the first of next week, I'm calling my credit card company and cancelling the charges and I'm shipping it back until the unfuqq this last mess.
2015-6-29
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Did u recal the IMU after the upgrade?  Some poeple who has no issue after upgarde did NOT recal their IMU...
2015-6-29
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

I voted No originally but need to change it to a YES.
2015-7-6
Use props
ward
lvl.1

Canada

Over 50 successful flights with no incidents. Already completed one firmware upgrade with no issues. Did the firmware upgrade, and after about 4 minutes of flight time the Phantom 3 went rogue on me and hit a tree at 50mph. Sent the Phantom to DJI and now stuck in the wait que. I waited 6 weeks to get the Phantom after i ordered it then had it for less than 30 days and now i wait again and looks like another 4-6 weeks. This sucks !! Feeling like i wasted $1700 Canadian dollars. Not even a email or message if this will be warranty so at the mercy of DJI now.
2015-7-9
Use props
rlane
lvl.1

United States

jesse@aladtec.c Posted at 2015-6-19 04:41
Issues here as well.  I upgraded the Firmware this morning. Just got back from a test flight at the  ...

Jesse,

You just described my experience to the letter!

cheers
2015-7-9
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

waiting...waiting...waitng, with my shiny new $1,400.oo door stop  
2015-7-9
Use props
jesse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319508 ft
United States

rlane@shadoweye Posted at 2015-7-10 01:39
Jesse,

You just described my experience to the letter!

Interesting.  I've flown a few times since the initial incident and for the most part, the flights have run fairly smooth. I catch it on occasion acting funny. Somedays more than others. I must say I'm nervous flying since the firmware update, but I have arial photo/video commitments for work. That's the reason we bought the drone. My boss would be pretty upset to hear that we spent all this money (drone, extra batteries, hard case) and all of the sudden we couldn't use it. I really hope DJI gets us a fix soon.
2015-7-10
Use props
astanatv
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

SectorDrone Posted at 2015-6-29 23:34
Did u recal the IMU after the upgrade?  Some poeple who has no issue after upgarde did NOT recal the ...

That is it. You are right. Body of mine bought the same P3P from the same batch. They are identical. He recalibrated his IMU, after update, and I was too lazy to do that, as I have no bubble meter, no flat table, no space in frige and so on. Lazy mf I am. So he has a lot of issues, I just do not like the rotor sound. Mine is good his is not. Recalibrating IMU.
2015-7-10
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

Since the upgrade mine has also had altitude holding issues, as well as registering the changes in alt. Screen shows no change as it casually drifts up or down. Have had several LAND IMMEDIATELY warnings due to the Ultrasonic System Error.
They sent me a new one before even posting mine just based on the flight logs, so fair pay to them for that. It was here in the UK within days and then posted mine off to Hong Kong as the tech's want to examine it. Took the new one out yesterday, had some mild altitude drift and got the same fricking message!
They've told me to turn off the VPS and I would recommend anyone having alt issue to try the same, mine was perfect before the update and I think that there's not a lot of downside to having it turned off right?
2015-7-11
Use props
rob.van.der.sta
lvl.1

Netherlands

Upgrade my new P3P after several succesful flights to new 1.2.6 firmware. Now everytime I start the system it reports Data Recorder Errors (MC Error appears mid top screen so "safe to fly" never is visible). Reformatting the Data Recorder doesn't help. The P3P flies ok, although I had also some issues with erratic behaviour when VPS was turned on.
I sent in two reports to DJI support (the 2nd after having not heard from the 1st for a while), but I did get 2 answers:
1. Send back the P3P for repair
2. Have patience, new firmware is coming.

Now what. Wait?
2015-7-14
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

#1 P3P on 1.2.6 no problems….hit power lines and lost all props and camera/gimbal and still flies great. Waiting for ribbon cable for the rebuild so I can film again.
#2 P3P still on 1.1.9 I didn't want to take any chances.
2015-7-14
Use props
mkinga
New

United Kingdom

Well this has got me worried, Only got my 3 Pro today and not even flown it yet. The app seemed to give the impression that I HAD to upgrade the firmware so naively I did, aircraft firmware upgraded fine but RC firmware wouldn't update at all (LED stayed red, no beeping), that along with reading the above now makes me wonder if I should even try flying the thing. Why no official comment from DJI ?

Martin.
2015-7-16
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

jon.godfrey Posted at 2015-6-17 23:45
Ouch!! 40% have issues... somebody is having a bad day at DJI!!!

56% have issues.  Even MORE ouch.
2015-7-16
Use props
klimon
lvl.1

United States

KittenSwagger Posted at 2015-6-18 01:58
I haven't flown my P3P since Sunday...and now since i upgraded the other day; im kinda scare to fly  ...

Come on that is totally paranoid behavior? What do you think is going to happen? Why did you upgrade then? I think many of the users complaining are new to drones?  I also am amazed how many users fly their P3 indoors which I think is totally a dumb thing to do unless you are in a stadium or large open air building. Flying indoors in a house is like totally bizarre? The P3 was never designed to fly in such closed environment. Just because you can do it does not make it a smart thing to do.

I would love to see one useful example of a Phantom 3 indoors in a house? I cannot think of a single thing that a P3 can do indoors that a handheld gimbal can do better? Come guys make me look stupid!  :-)
2015-7-16
Use props
klimon
lvl.1

United States

robbiereider@ma Posted at 2015-6-19 09:48
I updated today and had serious problems. I'm not sure if they are related but as of now my P3P is  ...

Obviously you are having a possible hardware failure that just happened by coincidence after your upgrade? I would seriously check out the ESC's before you fly again. There is nothing in the upgrade that could cause such an error that I am aware of...
2015-7-16
Use props
klimon
lvl.1

United States

mike.holder Posted at 2015-6-24 07:44
So I upgraded to current rev from 1.18. I took a flight yesterday in some VERY strong winds (30mph o ...

You know flying at 700ft is always a hit or miss thing since the turbulence can be very different at that altitude? Given your description I think you should have not flown because of windy conditions contrary the previous successes. You have just been lucky up to this point? I am curious did you fly with VPS on over water before? I had read many comments that VPS should be disabled whenever flying over water...
2015-7-16
Use props
klimon
lvl.1

United States

frozenhawaiian Posted at 2015-6-22 10:51
did the update today took the bird to the park, all seemed normal didn't notice any significant chan ...

I think that is wishful thinking? I have been with DJI a long time and their track record with introducing new bugs and taking forever to fix them has not changed on bit. It really is a shame because they could do so much better now that they have the financial resources to get some good developers along with top rate product testers. Many times they seem to throw out a fix and BAM  immediately there are reports of problems. That is a reliable indicator that their internal testing leaves a lot to be desired! Many of the recent bugs should never have seen the light of day...
2015-7-16
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

jesse@aladtec.c Posted at 2015-6-19 04:41
Issues here as well.  I upgraded the Firmware this morning. Just got back from a test flight at the  ...

I have this identical experience.  Running latest pilot app on P3A with IpadAir2.

Unstable, untrustworthy.

But I will be patient., as prior to updates it worked faultlessly

2015-7-17
Use props
supachiney
lvl.1

French Polynesia

I have v1.28... worst decision I made with this thing....where to start... originally I got the p3a with v1.19. I flew for about a week with no issues whatsoever. after I reluctantly decided to upgrade, the onslaught of issues became apparent.
2015-7-23
Use props
supachiney
lvl.1

French Polynesia

supachiney Posted at 2015-7-24 04:04
I have v1.28... worst decision I made with this thing....where to start... originally I got the p3a  ...

Continued...   
1. Everytime i turn on the quad, i get a 75% chance of it saying that a firmware upgrade is required and when i check the firmware, somehow it says 1.15. I have to reset the quad, the pilot app, or even the remote just to get it to appear as the right version... yes when i initially did the 1.28 upgrade i followed all instructions and everything appeard to complete smoothly.
2. So far, 80% of the time, i am getting full signal loss...this shit is ridiculous... at first i thought it was my location. But right now as i type i am in bora bora! Yesterday i was on a mountain with a beautiful view below me. No metal, no trees in the way, nothing. I fly out, and a few minutes into the flight, the app goes grey and big red sign, signal loss and it asks if i want to go home. I have not been able to make one decent full battery flight without this happening. It seems also, this happens more frequently when i attempt to record video during flight... ( the only good thing is the rth, and the fact that i still have control over the bird even tho there is no signal) why the f*** did i spend money on a system that is supposed to allows me to fly fpv but renders itself useless because of constant signal loss?...and no i wasnt flying out of range. And when i check the screen, the i almost always have full bars and at least 12-15 gps. This anomaly just happens randomly regardless of altitude or distance. Which brings me to point 3.
3. On intial start up, before i even take off, sometimes it says no signal. What the flying f***? . I wait after warmup and still no signal. I have to restart the bird again, sometimes twice for it to connect....not happy with that.
4. My video is always choppy, or flickering. I thought it was just the stream quality to the app(tablet). But i learned that even when i download the data from the birds sd card, the video is just as choppy or there is flickering. How do i fix that? Not sure whats causing that as i havent paid much attention to it till now (because i thought it was just the streaming quality to the tablet all this time)

I have done imu and compass calibrations till i can find those settings with my eyes closed. If not for those above issues i would be so happy. The bird itself flies very well and is very stable. And unlike some, i have not had any fly aways or erratic behavior from the birds' flying  capabilities.
2015-7-23
Use props
pleare
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456378 ft
United States

I did a cold IMU calibration immediately after FW upgrade and have flown many times at distance with no video or control issues at all
2015-8-1
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

mikesher.live Posted at 2015-6-18 00:10
I can't respond to either choice.  I haven't upgraded yet.  Very tempted, but I'm hesitant to take a ...

Why upgrade if yours is flying fine, as I ve said before only upgrade if you are having problems or a new must have feature, otherwise why do upgrade??
2015-8-1
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

supachiney Posted at 2015-7-24 04:29
Continued...   
1. Everytime i turn on the quad, i get a 75% chance of it saying that a firmware u ...

Sounds like your firmware update, even though it must have said successful, actually was not. Did you check the result txt after update?
Your easiest way here is
1- erase your firmware using the software that you will find in this forum
2- reinstall a copy of firmware you were happy with if u still have it or reinstall the latest again and see!!!

I can tell u that in my case, I have not had any issues with the firmware it the p3p!!
2015-8-1
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

supachiney Posted at 2015-7-24 04:29
Continued...   
1. Everytime i turn on the quad, i get a 75% chance of it saying that a firmware u ...

May I also ask your procedure for imu and compass calibration? Just trying to see if there is any good advice I can give you that may help
2015-8-1
Use props
Noziroh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279196 ft
Denmark

Got my P3P last week, the first thing I did was upgrade the firmware - 1.3.20.
I have not had any problems at all.
Pushed to 2.1 Km 2 days after getting it, wanted to see if it would hold up to the advertised range.
Then yesterday I wanted to really push it. Went out to 4 Km and then I got to chicken to go any further, had alot of wind.
But I still had full signal bars 4 Km out.
Ive tried some forrest flying, had the control signal give me a warning twice, but never the video. Have never seen the video bars move or the image go out or have static.
100% satisfied.
(Im sure I can go 5 Km if the battery can last long enough to get back, who needs range boosters, or channel hacks.)
2015-8-9
Use props
scott.peepapp
lvl.1
United States

I could not be more disappointed with the new firmware/update.   Here are my issues?

1. The video is choppy!  My video was crystal clear while flying and now it is choppy to a point where I feel like I lost the signal!  What a mess.

2. I have 6 batteries and each time I put in a new one with the new firmware it is another mess.  It seems to take forever to update the firmware onto the battery.  Also, you don't really know when it is completed.  Then you seem to have other issues with the GPS until it settles down.  

3. When I bring up the DJI app it asks "trusts this app?" but never gives me a chance to say yes.  What's that all about.  That was working perfectly before and now it flashes and disappears.  But is disappears like its broken.  

I wish I wasnt having this issues and hope they get reolved soon.
2015-8-9
Use props
scott.peepapp
lvl.1
United States

Lastly, DJI really needs to fix this.  55% is unacceptable. Especially when the issues being caused by the update interfere with flight control and video!  
2015-8-9
Use props
todor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

mangoes Posted at 2015-6-18 07:14
Is there a changelog available with any of these firmware updates so that we know what has been upda ...

You can find the release notes of the latest firmware on the download section of Phantom 3 under "Documents & Manuals" ( http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download )

Here is the link to .pdf http://download.dji-innovations. ... se_Note_en_0804.pdf
Edit: About the topic - yesterday I've just updated the latest firmware of the aircraft and RC. These days I will recalibrate IMU and compass and than make some test flights.
2015-8-9
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
Italy

Update not work...log file say that the loaded firmware is the same i want to up load..what the f***k??
Update fail....when i was flying the 1.2.6 and the app 1.1.0 everithings ok,no delay on video transmission...now after the update to 1.2.8 and app.1.2.0 i've experiment the delay of land-moon transmission.....more over telemetry say not the true...example 2,1 meters height,when i was flying at more than 20 meters....very awful job DJI....
2015-8-10
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

mikesher.live Posted at 2015-6-18 00:10
I can't respond to either choice.  I haven't upgraded yet.  Very tempted, but I'm hesitant to take a ...

Hi mikesher.live

unless you are 100% confident in flying  ATTI mode I would strongly recommend swithing of VPS if you stay at 1.2.6
cheers
2015-8-10
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

robbiereider@ma Posted at 2015-6-19 09:48
I updated today and had serious problems. I'm not sure if they are related but as of now my P3P is  ...

wow. not god.
I would have landed it @00:30 in the video and walked out to pick it up.
To continue flying it home was a bold move.

nice home

cheers´
2015-8-10
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-2 05:32
Why upgrade if yours is flying fine, as I ve said before only upgrade if you are having problems o ...

Hi rayrokni
not a good advice to give people.
DJI strongly recommends to upgrade firmware at all times - if you have a problem
with your phantom and you did not upgrade you might have warranty issues if you
get in that unfortunate situation that you need it.
2015-8-10
Use props
pr51
lvl.1

United States

1 flight after firmware update and no issues at this point.  
2015-8-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules