o(^-^)o
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

020667@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-10 16:50
Hi rayrokni
not a good advice to give people.
DJI strongly recommends to upgrade firmware at all t ...

Hi
Fair reply. Btw. That was just an opinion not advice.
Thx
2015-8-10
Use props
Gary C
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lag time still there and google crash still there and if I leave the sd card with the new program in the copter, it just sits there and beeps, so I have to use a fresh sd card to fly.
2015-8-10
Use props
scott0999
New

United States

running the pilot app since GO not out for android yet

status says RC firmware needs to be updated. seems like it updated ok, but keeps saying to update it

if I click retry it says current version is same as downloaded version (1.3.20), so it doesn't even make sense
2015-8-10
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

scott0999 Posted at 2015-8-11 03:40
running the pilot app since GO not out for android yet

status says RC firmware needs to be updated. ...

You can safely ignore this for now until the GO app comes out for Android .
2015-8-11
Use props
dansonamission
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469508 ft
United Kingdom

The only issue i have is the camera is some times pointing off to the left slightly, making it hard to fly straight using FPV. A few others have report this too on other forums.
2015-8-11
Use props
reuben
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-11 21:02
You can safely ignore this for now until the GO app comes out for Android .

This might be off topic, I thought that the GO was for apple users and the PILOT was for Android users... but I just assumed it was like that... what's the difference between the two?

Btw, I am actually unwillingly ignoring the constant reminders to upgrade... I'm in Mauritius (Google us) and it will take forever for my phantom to reach DJI and back to me should the upgrade fail... I'm on 1.1.9 with Pilot 1.1.0 (To much lag on the 1.2.0) and it's very stable...

I just got it about 3 weeks ago though - and I only have  4hrs of flight with it...
2015-8-11
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both the Pro and Adv. The Pro loaded and flies great The Advanced Loaded - SLOWER and the RC had issues but loaded BUT Does NOT connect or see the camera!!! I just don't get it I loaded BOTH of these within minutes of each other it is getting ridiculous!!!   
2015-8-11
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I marked yes I am having problems But I should say... I did NOT have a problem with the P3P but DID have enormous problems and STILL have them on the P3A.  
2015-8-11
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

jon.godfrey Posted at 2015-6-17 23:45
Ouch!! 40% have issues... somebody is having a bad day at DJI!!!

Yup let me guess 50% read too many forums and go willy will calibrating IMU etc for no good reason and then have issues.
2015-8-11
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

KittenSwagger Posted at 2015-6-18 01:58
I haven't flown my P3P since Sunday...and now since i upgraded the other day; im kinda scare to fly  ...

Don't be.  I don't  fiddle with mine unless its absolutely needed.  I have done lots of flights since the upgrade and can say its very stable. Go out and enjoy your Phantom  ;)
2015-8-11
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

derekoneill99@e Posted at 2015-6-18 02:10
I haven't and will not update until DJI get their act together

define?   not having a single issue.
2015-8-11
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-6-18 05:31
I'm guessing that you can't revert to a previous firmware?

Yes,  since new firmware you can downgrade to as far as 1.1.9
2015-8-11
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

mangoes Posted at 2015-6-18 07:14
Is there a changelog available with any of these firmware updates so that we know what has been upda ...

As a software engineer that flies around the place fixing software bugs I keep asking but nothing so far,  they don't seem to issue a changelog
2015-8-11
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

jesse@aladtec.c Posted at 2015-6-19 04:41
Issues here as well.  I upgraded the Firmware this morning. Just got back from a test flight at the  ...

I don't think its the firmware,  I am having no such issues at all,  are you choosing a good channel or are you just using auto?
2015-8-11
Use props
torrin
New

United States

jon.godfrey Posted at 2015-6-17 10:45
Ouch!! 40% have issues... somebody is having a bad day at DJI!!!

But most on the forum are looking for support for the firmware issue, I would not take this as an indication across the user base.
2015-10-29
Use props
scottgraser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2446266 ft
  • >>>
United States

hello, i performed the update of the firmware Last Tuesday 10/27 and it didn't take 30 minutes. I talked with ken at support then and we checked the settings and he said I was good to go. today I used it for the first time since. I lost control signal but not video at between 200-400 feet out and 50 feet or so up in the air. what could be the problem? it was fine for 50 flights until i did the update
2015-11-1
Use props
countrysidegard
lvl.2

United States

This shits ridiculous... I shouldn't have to borrow or buy an android to update my rc, I've waited over a month to upgrade to iOS 9 solely because dji employees have stated there are still bugs. I paid good hard earned money for something that cannot keep up with what it was advertised to do. People are supposed to be sufficient with the often response of "DJI knows theirs a bug and is working on a fix" they are sure to push the new $$ maker products but slow to fix what's busted. We are talking about a multi million $ company, if not billion, whom the U.S. GOVT  is putting on a board to help with the registration process of our birds..... Stand by folks, this should be good!
2015-11-2
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

DJI has only had my P3 for little over 1 week but I still haven't heard anything. A local shop to me said DJI has his phantom for 12 weeks........ not looking good.
2015-11-2
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

I did all my updates yesterday .... I'll take up my bird in a normal routine that I usually do around my house and see if there is signal drop. The RC updated in under two minutes while being connected to my I pad air with 9.1 on the OS
2015-11-2
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

Ok so i just went out side with all updates installed and now all i get is poor signal status.
I don't even want to take the bird up.
What a joke dji.......
Ok so i guess i need to try and roll back my RC Update ...sad.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
2015-11-2
Use props
munnecke
lvl.1

United States

The upgrade completely bricked my remote control.... my dealer couldn't even make it work ... they had to replace it.    Worst.upgrade.ever.
2015-11-2
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

Sorry guys I just noticed that the screen shot of firmware upgrades was before I upgraded the RC is on 1.4.30
The other shots are off the signal quality low which I never had before the updates.

Now I did get the bird back to 1.3.20 but I can't get the RC to go back at all.
However now the bird has no more signal issue.... I'm scratching my head I flew it out 500 meters with out a drop in signal
But now I have the app telling me I need a firmware update on the bird and the camera...
Has anyone had luck rolling back the RC ???
2015-11-2
Use props
cdugger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

I'm sorry for this post exposing my confusion, but I thought that the firmware upgrade was for the Phantom 4k.   Everyone is talking about upgrading their P3P, but that firmware is at version 1.6.004.   Is there new firmware for the Phantom 3 Professional?

2016-1-27
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

cdugger Posted at 2016-1-27 14:15
I'm sorry for this post exposing my confusion, but I thought that the firmware upgrade was for the P ...

This thread is about 1 year old. Please check dates before posting.BTW, the LAST POST on this thread was made when the 4K didn't even existed
Some admin could please close this thread?
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules