IMU CALIBRATION ERROR
2668 6 2020-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mangdolphy
New
United States

Hi,

I have a problem with IMU calibration on my mavic pro, it keeps on  stopping and giving me a No.1 IMU calibration error code is -50  message.  I seldom use my drone and probably used it 3-4x since I bought  it 2-3 yrs ago. There was no issue until I downloaded the flys afe update.  my firmware was updated to 01.04.0500.  Tried uninstalling and  reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app, still to no avail.  How can I fix this?

Thanks
2020-6-13
Use props
cdnguy
lvl.2
Canada

Same issue - recent updates to software and now my phantom 4 is an IMU recalibrating brick.
2020-6-13
Use props
djiuser_qdEATcszrHd9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5902 ft

United Kingdom

If you store when not in use then stand it on its back arms to start the calibration then follow the instructions so when the calibration starts and it shows you on screen a picture of the drone upright stand it on the back arms I had the same error 50 now I'm all ready to fly hope this helps you all
2020-6-16
Use props
fansf49f109c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_qdEATcszrHd9 Posted at 6-16 02:22
If you store when not in use then stand it on its back arms to start the calibration then follow the instructions so when the calibration starts and it shows you on screen a picture of the drone upright stand it on the back arms I had the same error 50 now I'm all ready to fly hope this helps you all

Thanks for the tip
Will try it
I’ve been having repeated imu and compass calibration issues
2020-6-16
Use props
dickllive.com.au
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155210 ft
Australia

If you store when not in use then stand it on its back arms to start the calibration then follow the instructions so when the calibration starts and it shows you on screen a picture of the drone upright stand it on the back arms I had the same error 50 now I'm all ready to fly hope this helps you all

I have just got this same error code -50.
Did the positioning of it on the back arms work?
2020-7-18
Use props
cdnguy
lvl.2
Canada

If you store when not in use then stand it on its back arms to start the calibration then follow the instructions so when the calibration starts and it shows you on screen a picture of the drone upright stand it on the back arms I had the same error 50 now I'm all ready to fly hope this helps you all

Thank you so much. I did what you suggested, started the IMU calibration with the DJI phantom 4 on its back rotors and legs, and then followed the motions that the app told me to do. I'm not getting the IMU Calibration error -50 anymore. I really appreciate your help on this.
2020-8-16
Use props
cdnguy
lvl.2
Canada

cdnguy Posted at 2020-8-16 13:00
Thank you so much. I did what you suggested, started the IMU calibration with the DJI phantom 4 on its back rotors and legs, and then followed the motions that the app told me to do. I'm not getting the IMU Calibration error -50 anymore. I really appreciate your help on this.

Just had to do it again, I think the photo in the calibration app actually says to put it on its back arms, but the “level ground” had me thinking that it should be flat. Calibration fixed again!
2023-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules