How do you close the DJI GO4 & fly apps on an Iphone?
3954 8 2020-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First ever iphone so it's all new to me. I have installed the Go app for my P3, Go4 for a borrowed M2P and Fly for my Mini. I am used to the two android buttons 'back' and 'show open apps' and there are neither on the iphone that I can see.

When closing Fly and Go4 I can get back to the opening page but do not seem able to find a close button, to get out of them I am using the phone's home button. I haven't opened Go yet as I haven't hooked the phone up to a P3 controller.  

Thanks

2020-6-13
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Buy an Android phone and you will be able to close what you want. Iphone is a crap. I dont use it anymore.
2020-6-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Double press the home button and swipe up on the app windows to close them
2020-6-13
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, the 2nd press does not seem to do anything but your answer did point me in the right direction to possibly see 'why'. In videos that I watched the 2nd press seems to reveal an/any app that seems to be running in the background, I see none so maybe the first press shuts the DJI app down.
But the videos led me onwards to a virtual home button which I think I will use in preference to pressing a/the mechanical button, I guess the mechanical button sees a lot of use/abuse. Thanks
2020-6-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The only time you need to close an iOS app is if you are having problems with it -- otherwise, let the system put it to sleep while not in use. It will consume no resources until recalled to action.
2020-6-13
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Francis that had me rolling on the floor, sorry, I DID BUY an Android phone SPECIFICALLY to run the fly app, it won't even be used as a phone. The problem is it drains the controller's battery FAR FAR FAR too quickly and it seems there is beep beep all that can be done about that as it is inbuilt into the nature of Android and the USB connection. I bought the iphone to replace the Android phone because the iphone apparently draws very little current from the controller's battery.

Ex machina, thanks, maybe I used the wrong phrase, shall we then say "leave the app and return to the home screen"?
2020-6-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-13 11:53
Francis that had me rolling on the floor, sorry, I DID BUY an Android phone SPECIFICALLY to run the fly app, it won't even be used as a phone. The problem is it drains the controller's battery FAR FAR FAR too quickly and it seems there is beep beep all that can be done about that as it is inbuilt into the nature of Android and the USB connection. I bought the iphone to replace the Android phone because the iphone apparently draws very little current from the controller's battery.

Ex machina, thanks, maybe I used the wrong phrase, shall we then say "leave the app and return to the home screen"?

Ah, gotcha. Apparently you can jailbreak at least some Android phones and hack the OS to make them quit using the remote as a charging source, but yeah, not something to do lightly, unless mebbe you are dedicating the device to your drone and don't need to worry about the obvious security concerns.

Anyway, glad you sussed it out!
2020-6-13
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rooting the Android would be great but it scares the 123456 out of me, very expensive bricks if it goes wrong lol
2020-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sean-newbie. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Hit the home button of the iPhone twice then you can swipe upward the said DJI application for you to be able to close the said application. Thank you.

2020-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules