3743 25 2020-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I skinned my MA2 with a new skin. Very pleased with results. A few flights reinforced the ability to find it in the sky and reward of custom look once on the ground. Hope you enjoy. Share your skins

MA2 flight1.jpg
2020-6-13
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2020-6-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That skin definitely makes it easier to see.  
2020-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely applied.    
2020-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there djicheaha. Thank you for reaching out and for posting photos your cool skinned DJI Mavic Air 2 here at DJI Forum. Your DJI Mavic Air 2 looks totally cool. Just a reminder to place the said sticker on your DJI Mavic Air 2 on a location where in it will not interfere with the air-vents of the said drone to prevent overheating or any issue while flying your DJI Mavic Air 2. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-6-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

But it is "almost invisible" after landing in an urban area ...?   
2020-6-17
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-17 01:40
Hello there djicheaha. Thank you for reaching out and for posting photos your cool skinned DJI Mavic Air 2 here at DJI Forum. Your DJI Mavic Air 2 looks totally cool. Just a reminder to place the said sticker on your DJI Mavic Air 2 on a location where in it will not interfere with the air-vents of the said drone to prevent overheating or any issue while flying your DJI Mavic Air 2. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thanks for the compliment and reminder. All vents and sensors are uncovered.
2020-6-17
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39606 ft
United States

Did you get the gloss or satin finish?
2020-6-17
Use props
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131516 ft
United States

If you remove it does it leave the surface all sticky and gooey?
2020-6-17
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dcaton Posted at 6-17 10:31
Did you get the gloss or satin finish?

I favored the gloss on this skin. Good luck.
2020-6-17
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HoosierFlyer Posted at 6-17 12:55
If you remove it does it leave the surface all sticky and gooey?

No, I have found they remove easily, with no reside. Although, I have not had one on for a very long time. My sense, is no. And if there should be a concern, I have found confidence in Goo gone on other projects. Always test a spot to be sure and wipe off.
2020-6-17
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39606 ft
United States

djicheaha Posted at 6-17 15:57
I favored the gloss on this skin. Good luck.

Thanks, I just ordered the same design.  I primarily fly on or near the beach, and the drab gray color of the MA2 would make it difficult to spot if I had to do an emergency landing somewhere.  Wish they offered a choice of colors like they did with the original MA.
2020-6-18
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dcaton Posted at 6-18 05:57
Thanks, I just ordered the same design.  I primarily fly on or near the beach, and the drab gray color of the MA2 would make it difficult to spot if I had to do an emergency landing somewhere.  Wish they offered a choice of colors like they did with the original MA.

Good choice. I think you will see improved visibility on the ground and in the air. I have not flown this setup at the beach yet, but fley my red MA and color helps. Wish you well on your covering and flying. Post pictures.
2020-6-18
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Doe the skin put it over 250 grams??

2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djicheaha Posted at 6-17 06:31
Thanks for the compliment and reminder. All vents and sensors are uncovered.

Hi there djicheaha. you are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other information, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2020-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2020-6-23
Use props
norwedsh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49518 ft
United States

I like the skin you applied as well and am considering applying a skin to my Mini to improve visibility.

I've been wondering what color would make the drone more visible at distance. I'm considering orange like yours because it's a bright color, but there are certainly a myriad of brightly colored skins available.

Can you provide the site you purchased your skin from?  DecalGirl.com seems to have a good rep and a huge variety of skins for the Mini.
2020-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool skin and shots
2020-8-7
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

norwedsh Posted at 8-7 07:24
I like the skin you applied as well and am considering applying a skin to my Mini to improve visibility.

I've been wondering what color would make the drone more visible at distance. I'm considering orange like yours because it's a bright color, but there are certainly a myriad of brightly colored skins available.

Thank you for your comment. This covering was purchased at DecalGirl to cover my MA2.
I have also covered my Mini, with their product.  (this was custom design from my sister artwork) and Fit is good. Easy to apply instructions, with patience. I like the brighter color, as it does improve visibility in close quarters, and I think, it adds some character and looks cool. Once you get out, a couple of hundred feet, color makes little difference as it is merely a dot in the sky. Many colors to chose from, your call. There are also other vendors, who have neon colors, that have favorable reviews. Wish you well.
Debbie Art for MM.jpg
2020-8-7
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

It's a cool look but at 400-500 meters where I typically start to lose sight of my MA2 I don't think it would make any difference.  Even at 300 meters I only see the silhoutte of the drone...not any details like color.
2020-8-7
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-7 07:24
Very cool skin and shots

Thank you for your comment. Here is a counter top shot of the same skin on a Mavic Mini. It is called "combustion" from DecalGirl. I changed covering on my first MM, due to repair/replacement. The second skin was removed to display my sister artwork
2020-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djicheaha Posted at 8-7 07:51
Thank you for your comment. Here is a counter top shot of the same skin on a Mavic Mini. It is called "combustion" from DecalGirl. I changed covering on my first MM, due to repair/replacement. The second skin was removed to display my sister artwork
[view_image]

Very cool mate
2020-8-7
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

djicheaha Posted at 8-7 07:41
Thank you for your comment. This covering was purchased at DecalGirl to cover my MA2.
I have also covered my Mini, with their product.  (this was custom design from my sister artwork) and [view_image] Fit is good. Easy to apply instructions, with patience. I like the brighter color, as it does improve visibility in close quarters, and I think, it adds some character and looks cool. Once you get out, a couple of hundred feet, color makes little difference as it is merely a dot in the sky. Many colors to chose from, your call. There are also other vendors, who have neon colors, that have favorable reviews. Wish you well.

The first pic makes it look like a hard working drone
2020-8-7
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Droneflier Posted at 8-7 09:58
The first pic makes it look like a hard working drone

That one is called Dystopia, from DecalGirl. I liked that one alot. That was my first covering. I had an encounter with a tree, sent it in for DJI Refresh and they returned a new/refurbished. So went with new wrap, Combustion. Liked that so much, I covered my MA2. Changed out the MM with sister artwork, and now have (still in package) WrapGrade, Black "bumpy" Camo for a change. Will post picture, when I get around to it. Enjoy your flying and mods. Be safe.
2020-8-7
Use props
zigzag84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300266 ft
France

My Wrapgrade.jp kit A et B Néon orange !

Love my MA2 whith it
IMG_20200806_224655_361.jpg
IMG_20200720_210653-01-01.jpeg
2020-8-7
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Good looking wrap. I like it. My new wrap, black bumpy camo from Wrapgrade for my MM is a full wrap. You just encouraged it from packaging to the work bench
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules