Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Update Failed, Battery at 0%
3940 19 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Proxi
New
Czechia

Hey guys.

I'm so frustrated right now. I wanted to start using Osmo Pocket again and when I connected it with my phone, I noticed there was a new update avialable. I started downloading the update, but at around 60% Osmo Pocked just turned off by itself. I though it was just restarting, but it stayed powered off. And the update was still stuck at 60%. So I thought that powering the Osmo back on will continue the update. And suddenly the counter dropped from 60% to 0% and I was not able to update the Osmo, because it gave me an error message saying that in order to install the update, my Osmo has to be at least 15% charged. And I'm pretty sure my Osmo was charged. So I disconnected the Osmo from my phone and I've noticed that the gimball is not working at all and that the display is not showing me a battery status. And when I went to settings to try to reset the Osmo, the battery status there was showing 0%. So I'm pretty sure my Osmo is now broken and I can't seem to be able to find a solution.

Anyone who dealt with this situation before? Have you find any solution?

Cheers!
2020-6-14
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

When you plug in a charger, does the light blink?
2020-6-14
Use props
Proxi
New
Czechia

Curt1591 Posted at 6-14 03:23
When you plug in a charger, does the light blink?

When I plug in the charger while the device is powered ON, nothing happens. And when I plug in the charger while the device is turned OFF, instead of recharging, Osmo Pocket turns on by itself and then nothing happens, gimbal doesn't work, no charging and no battery life icon appearing. And the light blinks only once and then it's lit constantly, just as when the device is powered on.
2020-6-14
Use props
Proxi
New
Czechia

2020-6-14
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

All you can do is contact DJI support and hope they might have a solution.
2020-6-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

At this point it may not do any further harm to leave the pocket charging for a long period. If it starts on charging, can you then turn if off? If you can, do so and leave it on charge for a few hours. Then disconnect and reconnect to the charger to see if it stays off and you get your charging light back on.

Ray.
2020-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Proxi. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Since the said gimbal is acting up this way. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said gimbal and a proper reso;ution will be provided.  Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI gimbal  to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
2020-6-21
Use props
Manan Desai
New

India

Hey Proxi! I had the exact same issue. Word to word. Were you able to find the solution? I have been trying to fix it since more than 3 weeks now. No help from DJI support. They want me to send the device to them. It is definitely a software issue and not a hardware issue.
2020-6-25
Use props
Manan Desai
New

India

Regarding the upgrading failed, please kindly check the remaining storage capacity of the SD card. If it is no more than 100M, the upgrading may fail. Please check it and fully charged the product and try again to see if it works.

If the issue still exists, you are advised to update the firmware of your Osmo Pocket by downloading the firmware package from https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/7q3gWTsCeea9cBg via an SD card. The password is DJI123.

Please unzip the V01.10.00.30 firmware into a bin file, put it into the root directory of the SD card, insert the SD card into the Osmo Pocket, and it will automatically upgrade after powering on. You are advised to delete the firmware from the SD card after the upgrade successfully to avoid further trouble in using the SD card.
2020-6-26
Use props
sunfreez
New

France

Hello Guys,

I have the exact same probleme. Can you please help me ?

Where can i download the V01.10.00.30 firmware so i can put it to the sd card ?
2020-11-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

sunfreez Posted at 11-5 12:05
Hello Guys,

I have the exact same probleme. Can you please help me ?

You can't. Updates have to be via a phone and using the Mimo app.
2020-11-5
Use props
sunfreez
New

France

I cant, cuz there's an error message saying that in order to install the update, my Osmo has to be at least 15% charged, but it's fully charged !  So im stuck with a broken gimbal
2020-11-6
Use props
Siidom Ace
New

Indonesia

Manan Desai Posted at 6-26 05:01
Regarding the upgrading failed, please kindly check the remaining storage capacity of the SD card. If it is no more than 100M, the upgrading may fail. Please check it and fully charged the product and try again to see if it works.

If the issue still exists, you are advised to update the firmware of your Osmo Pocket by downloading the firmware package from https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/7q3gWTsCeea9cBg via an SD card. The password is DJI123.

Hallo sir.. i am same problem.. dead link.. i really hope you can send a new link.. i am very frustrated with the condition of my dji osmo pocket..
2020-11-29
Use props
Alex Knežević
lvl.1

Croatia

Still no solution? Im waiting more than 10 months, and i send my osmo pocket to service. They told me i need to replace motherboard and battery for 299€... Im shure only i will never again buy DJI.

Im 1000% shure in software problem, i was replace battery wich is 100% charged and still the same problem. I empty battery until shut down, put on charge and same problem... battery is charged but in application still 0%.

I cant update firmware becaouse 0% battery... This product and support is garbage
2021-1-13
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex Knežević Posted at 1-13 08:39
Still no solution? Im waiting more than 10 months, and i send my osmo pocket to service. They told me i need to replace motherboard and battery for 299€... Im shure only i will never again buy DJI.

Im 1000% shure in software problem, i was replace battery wich is 100% charged and still the same problem. I empty battery until shut down, put on charge and same problem... battery is charged but in application still 0%.

Deeeeep breaths....
Go to the Support link at the bottom of this page.
When there, scroll to the bottom and choose "On Line" or "Live" and start a support Chat.
Have at-the-ready your device name, SN, and hopefully the various App and Current Firmware numbers.
Before you start, type out, in step by step detail what you did and all the description you displayed here.
Expect to spend 30-45 minutes as the tech person works their way through the issue.
You should also have your Pocket plugged in and handy as you Chat.
It has worked for me EVERY time; being patient and respectful really goes a long way.
2021-1-17
Use props
DaveSp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

WebParrot Posted at 1-17 09:30
Deeeeep breaths....
Go to the Support link at the bottom of this page.
When there, scroll to the bottom and choose "On Line" or "Live" and start a support Chat.

"Before you start, type out, in step by step detail what you did and all the description you displayed here." Absolutely. It's something I've gotten in the habit of doing before initiating similar chats with support groups. Saves time and you can review it for errors and completeness.
2021-1-17
Use props
Alex Knežević
lvl.1

Croatia

Did anyone solve this problem?

I dont trust support becaouse everything they told me is: send your device to service.

Last time I send device and they told me i need new motherboard and battery. ( usb port works fine, data + - is ok, power over usb ok, i checked on motherboard connector where you connect battery) no visual damage and never fall down or something similar.

Im electrician, working every day with similar staffs. I saw similar problem with one device, and this is becaouse long period not used, problem solved with deep empty and recharge battery outside device.
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Uv4cVd2j4WVP
New

Bangladesh

i am also facing this problem.. what can i do?
2022-7-14
Use props
djiuser_Uv4cVd2j4WVP
New

Bangladesh

Alex Knežević Posted at 2021-1-18 13:03
Did anyone solve this problem?

I dont trust support becaouse everything they told me is: send your device to service.

is it solved???
2022-7-14
Use props
speedkm
New
South Korea

Have you resolved this issue?
2022-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules