Dji Fly-app android album crashes after 2 seconds on Huawei
10733 36 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SNsm9rJCSZtu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

When selecting Album, the thumbnails appear briefly, then the App crashes to home. This did not happen initially so I assume it is an update problem. I use a Huawei P20 (officially approved by DJI). DJI Fly-App version is 1.1.4. Any solution?
2020-6-14
Use props
Zen Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 981 ft
Romania

Got same problem after filming a 12 minutes video. Think it's too big for the app (Huawei P30). After removing the clip from album, everithing works ok.

Hope it helps.

2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_SNsm9rJCSZtu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Zen Fly Posted at 6-14 07:11
Got same problem after filming a 12 minutes video. Think it's too big for the app (Huawei P30). After removing the clip from album, everithing works ok.

Hope it helps.

Many thanks Zen Fly
I removed files greater than 1Gb (filming in 2.7K). And Album now works. I haven't found any reference in manual that the editor only works with files up to a certain size. I don't know what the limit is.
2020-6-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Try emptying the caches both on the Fly app side and then on the app's system (Android) screen. Keep in mind if you delete the data beyond the cache you'll also lose your log-in details which you'll have to re-enter.
2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_SNsm9rJCSZtu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 6-14 12:16
Try emptying the caches both on the Fly app side and then on the app's system (Android) screen. Keep in mind if you delete the data beyond the cache you'll also lose your log-in details which you'll have to re-enter.

Many thanks m80116
Your advice works great. Can now edit the largest of my 2.7K files in DJI Fly App Album.
2020-6-16
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Hope it helps.

Do you think it is Huawei related? I use Huawei P30 lite. I have the same issues since app v1.1.2. Clearing the cache doesn't help. Unfortunately. Since app v1.1.2 the editor ist better, but cannot use larger files.
2020-6-16
Use props
Zen Fly
lvl.3
Romania

Mashroomhut Posted at 6-16 12:24
Do you think it is Huawei related? I use Huawei P30 lite. I have the same issues since app v1.1.2. Clearing the cache doesn't help. Unfortunately. Since app v1.1.2 the editor ist better, but cannot use larger files.

Can't isolate to Huawei or the cache. What I've found was deleting that large file downloaded from AC, album works again.
2020-6-16
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

Zen Fly Posted at 6-16 20:28
Can't isolate to Huawei or the cache. What I've found was deleting that large file downloaded from AC, album works again.
Yes, I figure it out. In the beginning all my videos were about 20 minutes long and everything was working fine. After the big firmware and app update this issue started. I wonder if I put one of my older big video files on my Phone does it crash?
2020-6-16
Use props
Zen Fly
lvl.3
Romania

Mashroomhut Posted at 6-16 21:51
Yes, I figure it out. In the beginning all my videos were about 20 minutes long and everything was working fine. After the big firmware and app update this issue started. I wonder if I put one of my older big video files on my Phone does it crash?

it's a very good way to check the problem.
2020-6-18
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

Ok, I've tried to put an old video file (about 4 GB, over 13 minutes) to the gallery and it crashed. Do not understand me wrong - I am very pleased with the latest changes (manual WB, RtH, hover, land if lost connection, the proppeler examination, even the changes in Android version of the editor). Only this one inconvenience.  Perhaps it is Huawei related issue - some system codecs or something?
Now I will do only short videos(5 minutes or so), so I could edit them with the included editor.
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_SNsm9rJCSZtu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mashroomhut Posted at 6-19 10:56
Ok, I've tried to put an old video file (about 4 GB, over 13 minutes) to the gallery and it crashed. Do not understand me wrong - I am very pleased with the latest changes (manual WB, RtH, hover, land if lost connection, the proppeler examination, even the changes in Android version of the editor). Only this one inconvenience.  Perhaps it is Huawei related issue - some system codecs or something?
Now I will do only short videos(5 minutes or so), so I could edit them with the included editor.

If the problem is the size of the video files, it may be that your Huawei phone has too many other apps etc. running and it may be a memory problem (I'm only guessing). What you could try is to load the video file into another editor on your pc/Ipad/tablet (I use  Windows move maker). Split the video into shorter sections, export them individually to mp4 files (yes, it's a bit of a pain doing them one by one), and then transferring them to your DJI Fly App.  Multiple shorter files I have not found to be a problem. Worth trying.
2020-6-20
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

djiuser_SNsm9rJCSZtu Posted at 6-20 01:22
If the problem is the size of the video files, it may be that your Huawei phone has too many other apps etc. running and it may be a memory problem (I'm only guessing). What you could try is to load the video file into another editor on your pc/Ipad/tablet (I use  Windows move maker). Split the video into shorter sections, export them individually to mp4 files (yes, it's a bit of a pain doing them one by one), and then transferring them to your DJI Fly App.  Multiple shorter files I have not found to be a problem. Worth trying.

Thanks for Your advice!
I've tried that too. The quality suffers (is there a way to cut the video without recompresion?) and as You mentioned it is a little pain in the... But it is some kind of solution.
I wonder, if someone with other mobile device (not Huawei) has the same issue?
2020-6-20
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

Today I've noticed that also shorter video files are causing the app to restart during opening refreshing the gallery in DJI Fly. And again deleting the file solves the problem.
First I though it may be something with the manual WB or the manual exposure. Perhaps it is connected to the codec, not only to the file size. Starting april the codec version is differend (tags on PC).
I hope it is no big deal for most of us! I am searching for some replacement video editing tool. I've found VMAKE usefull, but the compression is sometimes poor.
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regard to this concern, This issue has been forwarded to our designated DJI support team for further investigation. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-6-21
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-21 22:13
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regard to this concern, This issue has been forwarded to our designated DJI support team for further investigation. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Thank You, DJI Paladin! It would be great if this
inconvenience could be solved.
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mashroomhut Posted at 6-22 09:04
Thank You, DJI Paladin! It would be great if this
inconvenience could be solved.

You are more than welcome, rest assured that our designated DJI support team are doing their best to assist regarding this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-6-23
Use props
djiuser_pvp46BDawcau
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hope it helps.

How did you remove the large file from the app?
Same problem here, crashes immediately I open album.
Thanks.
2020-7-12
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

I have found something new to this topic. The files that are causing DJI Fly to crash, when opened in Kinemaster trigger this warning:

Could it have to do something with IDR interval?
I shoot mostly long stady shots with slow camera move.
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_ZF4BSknurfnd
New
Germany

I have the same problem huawei p20 pro my videos a very short. Not longer than 4 minutes...
2020-8-11
Use props
djiuser_rbX9P93gOKAn
New
Flight distance : 12874 ft

United Kingdom

Same problem here. Huawei p30 pro phone. App crashes or goes to home. Any advice on deleting the content in the Album. I have all the videos and pictures on card.
2020-9-9
Use props
djiuser_SNsm9rJCSZtu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mashroomhut Posted at 6-20 03:29
Thanks for Your advice!
I've tried that too. The quality suffers (is there a way to cut the video without recompresion?) and as You mentioned it is a little pain in the... But it is some kind of solution.
I wonder, if someone with other mobile device (not Huawei) has the same issue?

I have changed from Win Move Maker to Wondershare Filmora9. All my previous quality issues are now gone. Filmora 9 allows you to specify the quality that you edit in as well as the quality that you export in to create the final video file.
2020-9-9
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

djiuser_SNsm9rJCSZtu Posted at 9-9 06:46
I have changed from Win Move Maker to Wondershare Filmora9. All my previous quality issues are now gone. Filmora 9 allows you to specify the quality that you edit in as well as the quality that you export in to create the final video file.

I have still the same issue. I think it is related to the Huawei phones. It is no longer problem for me because I've found some alternative software to edit video on the mobile device.
Lately I use the NV editor for Android. It lets You export up to 4K. Have the same issue, but I've figure out how to go around it.
Here's example video:

2020-9-9
Use props
FlyByWireless
New

Germany

Same here.
HUAWEI Mate 20 PRO
Created 2 bigger video file of around 3 minutes and APP crashes when entering Album.
After removing them with the Android File Browser the APP is working fine again.

This came either with a recent APP update (but not latest one (1.1.8), becuase i installed it afterwards) or with some ANDROID update.
Please checkj and fix it, this seems to be reproduceable easily.
2020-9-12
Use props
djiuser_j0tcmqQ6wRQU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 744715 ft
United Kingdom

I've just had this problem today.  Finally after searching the internet it lead me to this forum.  I do hope DJI sort this issue out in a future update.
2020-9-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Don't mean to be flippant but  maybe its because the phone has difficulty with the file sizes in sending them back to China?
2020-9-20
Use props
Daves Drone 555
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799567 ft
United Kingdom

I am also sharing your pain with regard this issue
2020-9-21
Use props
Drone flyer2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22293 ft

United Kingdom

Same issue here with Huawei P Smart 2019
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_7O3xEHj2c5HU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 914902 ft

Switzerland

Same here, i am sort of unwilling to delete "big" files as this is not solving the problem. It is just a workaround, i expect an App update, after 2 month of a known bug
2020-9-24
Use props
Drone flyer2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22293 ft

United Kingdom

Drone flyer2020 Posted at 9-21 11:51
Same issue here with Huawei P Smart 2019

Have tried using my other phone a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and it works OK. Only way to view on Huawei P Smart 2019 is to open my files, find required file and use video player then it works OK. Assuming it is something to do with Huawei and DJI Fly
2020-9-29
Use props
leachim
New
Flight distance : 2060 ft
Germany

Same Problem here. Even if i use a different Video Editor. I am still unable to use the fast download of the DJI Mini 2. Album crashes most time...
Problem is on a Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

I had in the beginning the same problem with VN Editor. But there was an Update in the Huawei App Store. That solved the issue.
There was also one for the DJI Fly App. But it didnt solved the Problem :-(
2020-11-12
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Didn't notice in Samsung S8+
2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser_WWtM9PjqamIu
New
Flight distance : 1376627 ft
Norway

djiuser_SNsm9rJCSZtu Posted at 2020-6-14 11:37
Many thanks Zen Fly
I removed files greater than 1Gb (filming in 2.7K). And Album now works. I haven't found any reference in manual that the editor only works with files up to a certain size. I don't know what the limit is.

I have a Huawei P30 Pro, and made a bit file and now i am being thrown out of albums.  how do i delete this file when i don't have the time to delete it before been thrown out?
2021-8-17
Use props
djiuser_Ga4YsNOxYdjg
New

Italy

Ich hab noch eine weitere Lösung gefunden. Damit die auf der SD-Karte gespeicherten Dateien nicht verloren gehen, habe ich sie zu Beginn aus dem Internen Speicher kopiert und gesichert. Den Schritt kann man wahrscheinlich auch überspringen. Danach hab ich die Firmware gedowngradet, indem ich auf APKmirror.com eine ältere  Version heruntergeladen, die aktuelle Version über den Desktop des Huawei P20 Lite gelöscht und die ältere Version installiert habe. Auch hier ist natürlich eine erneute Anmeldung notwendig. Nach dem koppeln mit dem Fluggerät, kann ich nun wieder auf die auf der SD-Karte gespeicherten Dateien zugreifen !!!
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_Ga4YsNOxYdjg
New

Italy

I found another solution.  So that the files stored on the SD card are not lost, I copied them from the internal memory and backed them up at the beginning.  You can probably skip the step.  Then I downgraded the firmware by downloading an older version from APKmirror.com, deleting the current version from the desktop of the Huawei P20 Lite and installing the older version.  A new registration is of course also necessary here.  After pairing with the aircraft, I can now access the files stored on the SD card again!
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_Ga4YsNOxYdjg
New

Germany

djiuser_Ga4YsNOxYdjg Posted at 11-1 11:53
I found another solution.  So that the files stored on the SD card are not lost, I copied them from the internal memory and backed them up at the beginning.  You can probably skip the step.  Then I downgraded the firmware by downloading an older version from APKmirror.com, deleting the current version from the desktop of the Huawei P20 Lite and installing the older version.  A new registration is of course also necessary here.  After pairing with the aircraft, I can now access the files stored on the SD card again!

Also I found out that After installing the older version you can upgrade it again without problems. The only thing you cannot do is upgrade the albumsoftware when the Flyapp asks you to do it !!!
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_cBT2olzdhlSL
New
United Kingdom

My Huawei p30 also faced same problem today, was OK before, even I have downloaded 2gb vid on my phone, after that it crash when I open album in fly app. Have cleared cache, deted all files from sd card, still problem Plz help
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_cBT2olzdhlSL
New
United Kingdom

Zen Fly Posted at 2020-6-14 07:11

Hope it helps.

How did u removed clips from album, I am facing same issue started today, was OK before
2022-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules