Problems editing Mavic Mini footage
1772 16 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cronos42
lvl.2
Netherlands

Filmed some cool video with the Mavic Mini. Copied the MP4 files to my hard drive, trying to edit them with Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate. But the preview screen does not show any video, just dark green. What should I do differently?

2020-6-14
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.3
Ukraine

Looks like h264 codec is not  installed in system.
2020-6-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What type of SD card are you using?
2020-6-14
Use props
cronos42
lvl.2
Netherlands

TMvideo Posted at 6-14 08:00
Looks like h264 codec is not  installed in system.

If I double-click on the MP4 it plays fine...
2020-6-14
Use props
cronos42
lvl.2
Netherlands

Woe Posted at 6-14 08:20
What type of SD card are you using?

SanDisk Extreme MicroSDXC 128GB - U3 V30 A2 - 160MB/s - although I wonder how that would influence the playback in Pinnacle?
2020-6-14
Use props
cronos42
lvl.2
Netherlands

cronos42 Posted at 6-14 08:44
If I double-click on the MP4 it plays fine...

Just to check, I downloaded the coded from https://www.free-codecs.com/divx_h264_decoder_download.htm and installed it. No difference.
2020-6-14
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.3
Ukraine

cronos42 Posted at 6-14 08:54
Just to check, I downloaded the coded from https://www.free-codecs.com/divx_h264_decoder_download.htm and installed it. No difference.

Maybe Pinnacle has some type of internal decoder.
I found this tip, but not sure how about version 23
https://support.corel.com/hc/en- ... -Pinnacle-Studio-16
2020-6-14
Use props
cronos42
lvl.2
Netherlands

TMvideo Posted at 6-14 09:42
Maybe Pinnacle has some type of internal decoder.
I found this tip, but not sure how about version 23
https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/215881538-Green-preview-with-H-264-video-files-in-Pinnacle-Studio-16

Unfortunately that made no difference. Thanks for your time, though!
2020-6-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

For my understanding video editing suites don't rely on system installed codecs, as it also seems reasonable to do so. I think you should seek online help on forums specific for the editing program, surely someone else already has had to deal with this issue and probably found some solution.
2020-6-14
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.3
Ukraine

cronos42 Posted at 6-14 11:18
Unfortunately that made no difference. Thanks for your time, though!

Anytime)
Personally, I use Davinci Resolve (official free version). It eats various types of videos easily.
2020-6-14
Use props
cronos42
lvl.2
Netherlands

TMvideo Posted at 6-14 23:21
Anytime)
Personally, I use Davinci Resolve (official free version). It eats various types of videos easily.

I love working with Pinnacle, and I am pretty sure it should be able to do it. But so far it doesn't. I am hoping a solution will be possible.
2020-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there cronos42. I am sorry to know that you arr having issues in editing this footage that you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Mini using the Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate software. I hope that you will get the best suggestions and recommendations from our DJI co pilots who are using this software in editing there footage. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-6-17
Use props
cronos42
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-17 20:04
Hello there cronos42. I am sorry to know that you arr having issues in editing this footage that you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Mini using the Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate software. I hope that you will get the best suggestions and recommendations from our DJI co pilots who are using this software in editing there footage. Thank you and please stay safe always.

I hope I will get a suggestion too. I am also posted at the Pinnacle Systems forum, but other than that various other people are able to view/edit the video I can't, I have not yet found a solution.
2020-6-23
Use props
cronos42
lvl.2
Netherlands

cronos42 Posted at 6-23 06:43
I hope I will get a suggestion too. I am also posted at the Pinnacle Systems forum, but other than that various other people are able to view/edit the video I can't, I have not yet found a solution.

The problem has been solved. I have switched from Pinnacle to Cyberlink Power Director. Works like a charm!
2020-6-27
Use props
Drwho09
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I am curious - are you able to render at the MM's native 2.7K using PD?  If so, which version of PD?

I am newbie on the mini, and have not been successful using PD15 to render at the 2.7K resolution.  Its not a "standard" frame size offered in the "production" phase, and when I attempt to create a custom profile (using "intelligent SVRT") I get a profile but without audio... and I want to add an audio track.  I've found that upscaling to 4K or downscaling to HD works fine, but want a native resolution solution for simple editing.
I also tried Corel's VideoStudio 2018, with similar problems for the 2.7 rendering.  I suspect the resolution is not "standard" for the codecs they currently support, and some limitation in their SW prevents me from creating a close enough custom profile.

2020-6-28
Use props
cronos42
lvl.2
Netherlands

Drwho09 Posted at 6-28 16:54
Hello, I am curious - are you able to render at the MM's native 2.7K using PD?  If so, which version of PD?

I am newbie on the mini, and have not been successful using PD15 to render at the 2.7K resolution.  Its not a "standard" frame size offered in the "production" phase, and when I attempt to create a custom profile (using "intelligent SVRT") I get a profile but without audio... and I want to add an audio track.  I've found that upscaling to 4K or downscaling to HD works fine, but want a native resolution solution for simple editing.

There are dozens of possible combinations. If you use wetransfer.com to send me a short video I can see if it works in PD.
2020-6-29
Use props
Drwho09
lvl.1
United States

cronos42 Posted at 6-29 07:44
There are dozens of possible combinations. If you use wetransfer.com to send me a short video I can see if it works in PD.

Sent you a PM regarding getting a clip to you.
2020-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules