Unlocking Authorization Zones
744 5 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OSUAV8TER
lvl.1
United States

Newbie here!

I'm trying to unlock an authorization zone here in the United States to fly my Mavic 2 Zoom at a non-towered airport. The airport used to have a tower and controlled Class D airspace but it was shut down several years ago. I tried flying the drone a couple of days ago but it would not take off, even when I tried unlocking it with the Smart Controller. So I went home and I went on my computer to the https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock and unlocked the airspace for three days. I succeeded and it gave me this message that "Congratulations! This Authorization Zone has been unlocked.You can check your unlocking licenses in the DJI FLY app."

Isn't the DJI FLY app for the Mavic Mini?

I just want to confirm on my Mavic 2 Zoom and my Smart Controller that the airspace is indeed unlocked before I make the trip back up there. How do I know that the controller knows it is unlocked? I am doing some aviation photography and video work of small airplanes, hence why I have to do it at the airport.
2020-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can check in the app,  under Safety goto Unlock Geo Zones and you should see a list of your licences.
2020-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there OSUAV8TER. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at flysafe@dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-6-15
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

In the app you have to import the license to the Aircraft, before you get the green light.
2020-6-15
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

You must be HOT Spotted,  have a wiFi connection and logged into your DJI Account.

If you have other locations in your UNLOCK LICENSE list, please turn them off.....only use the one where you are Physically.

Randy
2020-6-15
Use props
djiuser_Gix0o80btYYx
lvl.1
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 6-15 10:25
You must be HOT Spotted,  have a wiFi connection and logged into your DJI Account.

If you have other locations in your UNLOCK LICENSE list, please turn them off.....only use the one where you are Physically.

I was blocked as well had to turn my phone hot spot to get it authorized. Main question I have is the area I was in was not within the five mile radius of the towered airport. The GEO Zone path included the airspace in line with the runway of the airport. All of the other apps like Kittyhawk and Airmap say that it is safe to fly without warnings. By the way I did have a FFA authorization because I was close to the five mile mark as a precaution. Not sure why GEO zones like that can block flights that should not be restricted.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules