Flickering video
990 10 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I've been experiencing intermittent problems with flickering video for several years, at first it was so infrequent it didn't bother me but over time it's become a lot more pronounced.  As you can see from the clip it's pretty bad but it doesn’t happen all of the time, in fact it usually only happens once or twice during an entire shoot.  I have the exposure set to manual, ISO is 100 and shutter speed is 120, it's being captured at 4K-60 FPS as a MP4.  I’m afraid it’s a problem with the camera sensor but I can’t explain why it only happens intermittently, anyone seen this before?   

2020-6-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

NOTE: watch in 1080p
In this video you'll learn about the  most common problems filmmakers run into when working with drones and how to deal with them.

2020-6-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome Floreto , hope it helps !!

2020-6-14
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

JetSam, so what I'm experiencing is a failing in the codec, does the .mov codec work better than the .mp4?  
2020-6-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Try setting your colour temperature to manual.
2020-6-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Floreto follow Geebax Advice
2020-6-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Floreto Posted at 6-14 10:08
JetSam, so what I'm experiencing is a failing in the codec, does the .mov codec work better than the .mp4?

to the best of my knowledge: it depends on the postproduction work, mov for mac and Mp4 for Windows
2020-6-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Floreto Posted at 6-14 10:08

The video is the same, whether MP4 or MOV, the only difference is the 'container' the file sits in. Most of the world uses MP4, but Apple just had to be different, hence MOV.
2020-6-14
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-14 14:35
Try setting your colour temperature to manual.

I'll try this, just so I can understand why do you think this is the issue?
2020-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Floreto Posted at 6-15 05:43
I'll try this, just so I can understand why do you think this is the issue?

There was an issue with the P4 model aircraft where automatic white balance caused the image to 'pump' and change quickly. This may not be the cause in your case, but it is worth checking to see if it solves the problem. Setting it to manual white balance solved the problem.
2020-6-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Phantom 4 Pro has caused you. As Geebax advised at post #13, please try to set the white balance manually. If the issue still persists after this step, kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules