Why is the DJI Fly app not available in Google Play store?
3161 11 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xformer
lvl.1

Germany

Hello, everybody,

my son today successfully flew his brand new Mavic Mini for the first time. Congratulations. The Mavic Mini is really a great product and he had a lot of fun with it.

However, there is one thing I do not understand. He own a Google Nexus X smartphone running Android 8.1.0. We searched Google Play Store but there was no DJI Fly app, only DJI Pilot. I searched for it on the DJI home page, found it and there was a button that said 'Download from App store'. However, we were redirected to a page where we only could download an apk file which we had to install manually. This worked and the app is working, but I wondered what might be the reason why the DJI Fly app is not available in the Google Play store. Will it be available in the play store or is DJI Fly not officially supported on Android 8.1.0?

Thanks for your help.
Frank
2020-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Frank. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to kn know that you are having issues in downloading the DJI Fly application. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking Google Nexus X smartphone running Android 8.1.0 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. The said mobile device may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit since it is not yet tested by DJI. For additional reference I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#download ) where in you can check the list of the compatible devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you and stay safe always.

2020-6-15
Use props
xformer
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-15 00:15
Hello there Frank. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to kn know that you are having issues in downloading the DJI Fly application. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking Google Nexus X smartphone running Android 8.1.0 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. The said mobile device may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit since it is not yet tested by DJI. For additional reference I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#download ) where in you can check the list of the compatible devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you and stay safe always.

Hi Stephen and thanks for your answer. So I understand, the app is only visible if it is run on a recommended mobile device.

Thanks again for your help.
2020-6-19
Use props
xformer
lvl.1

Germany

xformer Posted at 6-19 08:19
Hi Stephen and thanks for your answer. So I understand, the app is only visible if it is run on a recommended mobile device.

I just realized that I made a mistake in my original post:

The name of the phone is "Google Nexus 5X". I missed the "5" in the name.

Regards,
Frank
2020-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi Stephen and thanks for your answer. So I understand, the app is only visible if it is run on a recommended mobile device.

Hi there xformer. Thank you for the reply and for the given information. The mobile device need to be 64-bit, otherwise DJI Fly application is not compatible with your Android mobile device. In addition to this I will post a DJI Forum thread on DJI Fly App Android compatibility : A comprehensive guide ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-202136-1-1.html ). Thank you.
2020-6-22
Use props
xformer
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-22 01:30
Hi there xformer. Thank you for the reply and for the given information. The mobile device need to be 64-bit, otherwise DJI Fly application is not compatible with your Android mobile device. In addition to this I will post a DJI Forum thread on DJI Fly App Android compatibility : A comprehensive guide ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-202136-1-1.html ). Thank you.

Hi Stephen and thanks for your answer, which however, left me a bit puzzled. As I said I am able to install the app and it works on my son's smartphone! So 64-bit compatibility is not an issue here. However, I can not see it in Google play store. I can only download it as an apk from your web site. This is, what I do not quite understand.

Regards,
Frank
2020-7-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Stephen and thanks for your answer. So I understand, the app is only visible if it is run on a recommended mobile device.

i use non listed devices and the fly-app is in the play store.

cheers
JJB
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

xformer Posted at 7-6 09:55
Hi Stephen and thanks for your answer, which however, left me a bit puzzled. As I said I am able to install the app and it works on my son's smartphone! So 64-bit compatibility is not an issue here. However, I can not see it in Google play store. I can only download it as an apk from your web site. This is, what I do not quite understand.

Regards,

Hi there Frank. Thank you for the reply and for the information you have given. If you are not finding the DJI Fly listed in the Android Play Store when searching it. It means the said application is not compatible with your device. Thank you.
2020-7-6
Use props
xformer
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Stephen,

for me there is a contradiction between what you say and what is: You say that the DJI Fly app is not compatible with my Google Nexus 5X. In reality it works fine and so it is compatible. Do you mean that DJI just does not guarantee that the app will work?

Regards,
Frank
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_kaDMoxpBbAnw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23757 ft
Romania

I can confirm for Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, latest updates installed - app cannot be found on Google Play. Why ? Phone is on the compatibility list.
Should i have security concerns that it did not get Google approval ?
2021-4-29
Use props
fans628badb3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5886 ft
United States

djiuser_kaDMoxpBbAnw Posted at 2021-4-29 13:08
I can confirm for Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, latest updates installed - app cannot be found on Google Play. Why ? Phone is on the compatibility list.
Should i have security concerns that it did not get Google approval ?

Similar issue - Galaxy Note20 5G

I download the latest APK - attempt to install and the install crashes.  I'm not sure what might be the issue.  I haven't played with the drone for a while (mini se) - and the DJI Fly that was installed (and used to work) crashed on startup.

Maybe I need to create a new thread - instead of hijacking this one - I'm just looking for suggestions to get the latest installed.
2022-2-11
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Its pretty clear guys...

DJI have devices that they have tested a verified.

If yours is not on this list, then installing it might be possible - but you are on your own..  thinks like DJI refresh and flyoff will be null and void..

Example, If your app was to crash and send a random command to the drone and it flys off... You will be buying a new drone at full price..

I personally would not trust any android device on the market with my DJI equipment.. All the RND is done with Apple... they are clearly in bed with apple... So like it or not.. I run apple for flying DJI gear.
2022-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules