12Next >
6051 40 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexwick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413934 ft
United States

Hey, so I got a mavic air 2 from Amazon. On my 2nd replacement.

First one wouldn't activate. Exchange. 4 days later I had my replacement. This one activated. But having gimbel overload issues. 2 ND replacement (3rd drone) now. For this one the first 2 days no problem. Now it starts to have RC signal interference issues. I didn't have them the first few flights... We are talking within a 1-2 mile radius from where I live. No issues no dropped frames or anything... With the 2nd Drone or the 3rd drone for the first 2 days. No it starts popping up after flying for 5 minutes.. Had the first RTH because the signal cut off. I didn't have that with the 2nd one once... Any suggestions...? Doni have to get a 3rd replacement?

Thanks
Alex
2020-6-14
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using Fly app 1.14? When I took the first flight using 1.14 I was having signal issue. Then I read somewhere this seem to be the App problems . So I rolled back to 1.12. I got no signal  problem and fly further to more than 8000ft without signal loss. But Gimbal Motor Overload pop up. Sigh! Amazon refused to send replacement only accept return for full refund. And DJI accepted return to them for replacement
2020-6-14
Use props
alexwick
lvl.2
United States

how long have you had it? I have had 2 replacements now. Always send it back within a week.
I am on 1.14... gotta figure out how to downgrade.... I was wondering if it's a problem with the controller?
2020-6-14
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received it on Monday and sent it back to DJI on Thursday. You can search it on apkmirror.com for DJI Fly app for Android.
2020-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Alex, we sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience with Mavic Air 2, for the signal lost issue of the RC, may we have the model of your mobile phone? Could you please sync the flight records and provide us your DJI Account? Additionally, we also need the APP log.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, and then export the data in the "LOG" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.

Once you export it, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, please also provide the time of the APP log.

Today we just released Android DJI Fly V1.1.5, if you use an Android device, please update to this version and try again, thank you.
2020-6-16
Use props
alexwick
lvl.2
United States

Well, i did downgrade one version of the Android app and it seemed to be not the case anymore. Should this be fixed again in this version?
actually i have just looked and auto update was on. It must have updated to the new version... It definatly has better connectivity. Not sure if it was as good as with the first one i originally had.

Are these connection losses App based... therefore a software problem?
Thanks
Alex
2020-6-21
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I were you I would send it back and get a Mavic 2 Pro or wait until a new release... You will be happier.
The Mavic Air 2 does not have all the features of the original Mavic Air and in my opinion is crippled..
The Mavic Air 2  could be a fantastic drone, but it's missing many important features.
Don't be mislead by the empty promises of future updates. When is the future..? They say that but it never comes true...maybe in a year? or never.
Here's a great example:
They promised compatibility with the Mavic Air 2 and the Smart Controller when they first announced the drone in April.
It's 2 months later and 2 firmware updates since then and NO Smart controller compatibility. There are still saying the future.

Go get one of their older drones that made the name for DJI  ( not the Mavic mini) , or just keep your money.  I wish that I had.
That way you can be out flying and not having these issues .
Good luck.
2020-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 6-21 10:14
If I were you I would send it back and get a Mavic 2 Pro or wait until a new release... You will be happier.
The Mavic Air 2 does not have all the features of the original Mavic Air and in my opinion is crippled..
The Mavic Air 2  could be a fantastic drone, but it's missing many important features.

Is there a bit of hypocrisy going on here, I mean have you returned your own Air2 ?
2020-6-21
Use props
InfamousScribbler
lvl.1

Canada

Yeah, I'm having similar issues with my own Mavic Air 2... I wish I could create a new post, but I can't, so I'll have to comment on this post.

I was so freaking excited to get the Mavic Air 2! I waited 3 weeks before it finally arrived, and when it did, I still had to do the necessary exams to get properly certified to fly it in Canada. Well now I'm just annoyed with it, and I wish I had checked beforehand what people had been saying when they received it. I tried connecting it, and of course, "Activation is Prohibited", so I'll probably have to either return it or try and get DJI to repair it. I cannot believe that they're just okay with shipping drones that can't even boot up properly, I'm so frustrated!

I already tried contacting online chat support, which didn't do anything because no matter what time I go check, I'm always greeted with a message that says that the chat platform is offline. So now I sent an email, and I'm just waiting for confirmation that they can't do anything remotely... DJI, this is an extremely bad start...
2020-6-21
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-21 10:24
Is there a bit of hypocrisy going on here, I mean have you returned your own Air2 ?

What hypocrisy and why do you care what my opinion is?
I have not said anything that is false. Can DJI say that?
2020-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 6-21 21:12
What hypocrisy and why do you care what my opinion is?
I have not said anything that is false. Can DJI say that?

Yes I’m sure they can say it, they didn’t say when they would pair SC with MA2. And you’re a hypocrite telling someone else to return their Air while you hold on to yours doesn’t make any sense.
2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-22 01:08
Yes I’m sure they can say it, they didn’t say when they would pair SC with MA2. And you’re a hypocrite telling someone else to return their Air while you hold on to yours doesn’t make any sense.

I am not a hypocrite.
With the issues that he is having I would return it and walk away. And that’s what I suggested.
Wouldn’t you?
He’s on his 3rd unit in what seems like less than a month. How many lemons does it take?
I'm just expressing my opinions and facts. This is still  a forum where we can express our opinions without having to be blastd for opinions.  Your opinion is to stick with the lemon, mine is not... You don’t have to like or agree with them.
2020-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 6-22 07:01
I am not a hypocrite.
With the issues that he is having I would return it and walk away. And that’s what I suggested.
Wouldn’t you?

You are, 99% of people are having no problems, no reason why he shouldn’t own a similar unit, that’s fact.
2020-6-22
Use props
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131516 ft
United States

Yea, go spend $1500 on a drone rather than $900 for the MA2 fly more combo. Makes a lot of sense. Dude, you get what you pay for. You're all mad because you don't get the same features as a Mavic 2 Pro for $900? What is wrong with your logic?? It's flawed, I'll tell you that. DJI is in the business TO MAKE MONEY, not to give free hand outs.

I have the MA2 and it's AWESOME. Guys, don't listen to this hypocrite.
2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-22 08:16
You are, 99% of people are having no problems, no reason why he shouldn’t own a similar unit, that’s fact.

he started the thread.. not me.. Listen it's my opinion and probably more that he should return it. How many times do you think he should try for replacements and still get the same problems..
You are free to voice your opinion to him and not to me...
2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HoosierFlyer Posted at 6-22 08:42
Yea, go spend $1500 on a drone rather than $900 for the MA2 fly more combo. Makes a lot of sense. Dude, you get what you pay for. You're all mad because you don't get the same features as a Mavic 2 Pro for $900? What is wrong with your logic?? It's flawed, I'll tell you that. DJI is in the business TO MAKE MONEY, not to give free hand outs.

are YOU calling me a hypocrite ?
Because I suggest he return the drone? how many times should he return it and get a lemon?
You tell me and then tell him.
I don't have a lemon or the issues that he's having. If I did, ( and I've said so), I would have cut my losses on the second drone.. ( it seems that he's on his 3rd drone and still having issues).
The MA2 is not currently an awesome drone.., although MAYBE  sometime in the FUTURE it could be... It isn't even as capable NOW  as the Mavic mini, as far as the software goes. and that's a much cheaper drone.

DJI is in the business to make money, but now they are using 'BS' to sell and market their products...  are they  now  selling Futures?because that's all they are saying ...future, future, future.. stay tuned. Thank you for your money, NOW but wait for the future....

2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yea, go spend $1500 on a drone rather than $900 for the MA2 fly more combo. Makes a lot of sense. Dude, you get what you pay for. You're all mad because you don't get the same features as a Mavic 2 Pro for $900? What is wrong with your logic?? It's flawed, I'll tell you that. DJI is in the business TO MAKE MONEY, not to give free hand outs.

so the Spark and the Original Mavic Air had most of the software features that the higher end drones had, and some of the higher end drones did not have the features of the lower end drones ( gesture controls).
So why would it  be illogical to think that the  simple controls of the hardware would be missing in the Mavic Air 2, when it's available in the lower end Mavic Mini?  They share the same software.
Who is being illogical here?

2020-6-22
Use props
alexwick
lvl.2
United States

Hey.... all is good
It seems work now fine... yes spending $1000 and having to return it twice is more the unfortunate. Also having App issues afterwards is unfortunate.
But I am still happy with it. It does fix a great concern, at least with the downgraded app version that i have way better video feed and connectivity issues then with my Spark. I am less worried that it flies away / gets disconnected if i fly a mile out.

I do agree though that their quality control should be better what they send out. I am a bit scared of what problem might arise in the future with it. Therefore also have bought insurance.
I am happy how Amazon has handled the replacements.
2020-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 6-22 10:12
he started the thread.. not me.. Listen it's my opinion and probably more that he should return it. How many times do you think he should try for replacements and still get the same problems..
You are free to voice your opinion to him and not to me...

You’re missing the point, your conviction is to advise the OP to forget about his Mavic A2, but at the same time not having the strength of your own convictions. Yes I would or might agree with you if MA2 was a bad drone, but it’s far from it and in fact represents the best value for any drone recently on the market. Obviously the OP has been unlucky, but hopefully OP will get sorted.
2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-22 11:37
You’re missing the point, your conviction is to advise the OP to forget about his Mavic A2, but at the same time not having the strength of your own convictions. Yes I would or might agree with you if MA2 was a bad drone, but it’s far from it and in fact represents the best value for any drone recently on the market. Obviously the OP has been unlucky, but hopefully OP will get sorted.

So you're missing the point as well:
I told him to return it. he's had 3 bad drones.. return it. don't  keep it and hope it will get better.
He's got another dud, This is the 3rd one. How many duds would you get before you decided to hang up the towel.
Many more I'm guessing. I've got better things to do and spend my time and money on than duds.
Maybe you do not.
I gave him MY opinion on what to do next.. you or he may not agree. He could get another unit  or save his money or get a different, tried and true DJI drone.  But he should return that drone while he can. and not try and nurse a DUD.
You  may notice  that I did not refer him to another manufacturer, so what is your beef with my opinion?
2020-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 6-22 11:49
So you're missing the point as well:
I told him to return it. he's had 3 bad drones.. return it. don't  keep it and hope it will get better.
He's got another dud, This is the 3rd one. How many duds would you get before you decided to hang up the towel.

That’s up to him, how many drones he wants to go through, advice should be general and not driven by petty specific problems you are having with your own drone, which everyone is aware of, yet you don’t have the ba#ls to be done with your own drone.
M2 or MA2 one doesn’t have any More  or less problems than the other, but you’re implying this which frankly is a bit dumb.
You should practice keeping out of giving others advice you refuse to take yourself, only proving you’re a hypocrite.
And as you can read above he's now quite happy, lots of new users and beginners need time to get used to how these drones work, help them with that.
2020-6-22
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Range problems can always occur.
There are many (negative) influences from the environment ...
The range specified by DJI always refers to ideal conditions! On ideal ...
2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-22 12:47
That’s up to him, how many drones he wants to go through, advice should be general and not driven by petty specific problems you are having with your own drone, which everyone is aware of, yet you don’t have the ba#ls to be done with your own drone.
M2 or MA2 one doesn’t have any More  or less problems than the other, but you’re implying this which frankly is a bit dumb.
You should practice keeping out of giving others advice you refuse to take yourself, only proving you’re a hypocrite.

you should practice it yourself.. the fact that you're still going on and on about this  make it seems like you're the fishmonger's wife.
Give it a rest and stop trying to dictate to me what I can and cannot say
You could  spend  your  time helping  others with their issues  and stop trying to follow what I am saying and whether i have returned my drone or not.
2020-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 6-22 14:21
you should practice it yourself.. the fact that you're still going on and on about this  make it seems like you're the fishmonger's wife.
Give it a rest and stop trying to dictate to me what I can and cannot say
You could  spend  your  time helping  others with their issues  and stop trying to follow what I am saying and whether i have returned my drone or not.

You can say what you want and it’s obvious you do, but you make no sense and yet you keep doing it.
I think proof of the pudding is in the eating and it looks like the OP is sorted, so whine somewhere else.
2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-22 14:25
You can say what you want and it’s obvious you do, but you make no sense and yet you keep doing it.
I think proof of the pudding is in the eating and it looks like the OP is sorted, so whine somewhere else.

You whine somewhere else. I am not whining,  You're the one following me around....
Stop listening and commenting
2020-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 6-22 14:26
You whine somewhere else. I am not whining,  You're the one following me around....
Stop listening and commenting

You surely don’t think you can tell someone to stop commenting on an open forum.
2020-6-22
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Agree.
2020-6-22
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

<sigh> Guys, you are both awesome dudes, let it go.  The original issue is done and dusted.
2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-22 15:09
You surely don’t think you can tell someone to stop commenting on an open forum.

You just  did to me ... grow up  
2020-6-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Northwood Posted at 6-22 18:03
Guys, you are both awesome dudes, let it go.  The original issue is done and dusted.

Thanks.. I'm glad he got it sorted... some one else wants  to make a big deal out of my comments and opinions.  go figure.. I thought we all had hobbies... oops,  it must be raining in the UK
2020-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 6-22 18:28
Thanks.. I'm glad he got it sorted... some one else wants  to make a big deal out of my comments and opinions.  go figure.. I thought we all had hobbies... oops,  it must be raining in the UK

What is it about the Americans they seem to think Ireland is part of the Uk, “it’s Not”
2020-6-23
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

Have a great day eh!
2020-6-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-23 00:41
What is it about the Americans they seem to think Ireland is part of the Uk, “it’s Not”

99% of Americans have not been out of their own town, and none of them can identify any other counties on a map.
2020-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Northwood Posted at 6-23 12:32
Have a great day eh!

Hey Northwood you to stay safe and enjoy the flying.
2020-6-24
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-24 01:12
Hey Northwood you to stay safe and enjoy the flying.

And to you as well...

But, the wind and rain have come for a visit this week, we certainly need the rain, the wind has been sustained 35mph for two days, so that's a little too fast for my liking!  
2020-6-26
Use props
djiuser_sB5GEY6o9k7h
New

United States

Has anyone had problems with the RC connecting to the aircraft? I've done all the pairing combinations mentioned by DJI and any video I can find on youtube. Still, the RC doesn't want to connect no matter how many different ways I try to connect it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2020-8-25
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is it they say about not judging a book by it's cover? I most definitely have been outside of my own town. I've been to almost every state in the US and can identify a lot of counties on a map of not just my state but a lot of them country wide. I can also identify alot of other countries as well. I'm not braging, just saying you shouldn't be so quick to judge. That being said, I haven't been outside of this country, but would love too. Ireland being one of the places I'd love to visit, which I knew was "not part" of the UK. I think everyone here brings something to the table as far as advise and such goes in their own and unique ways. But I'm not going to trash someone because they are from a particular country without actually knowing that person for who they are.
2020-8-25
Use props
djiuser_bIobm8Xklbak
lvl.1

United States

Hi a quick question anybody, I already filed a claim about my drone non able to activate and they sent me an email to send it back for a replacement, the email doesn’t explain what should I send, is just the aircraft or the entire bundle box with everything in it ?
2020-12-22
Use props
rooller71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 750935 ft
Hungary

djiuser_bIobm8Xklbak Posted at 12-22 19:56
Hi a quick question anybody, I already filed a claim about my drone non able to activate and they sent me an email to send it back for a replacement, the email doesn’t explain what should I send, is just the aircraft or the entire bundle box with everything in it ?

Of course, pack everything back! Nothing to forget about charging cable, charger ...
  Probably so they can replace it completely again. Have a nice day!
2020-12-22
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-23 14:24
99% of Americans have not been out of their own town, and none of them can identify any other counties on a map.

Sad, for me, to see this post (you seemed to be one of the good ones on this forum).
But I’ll  be happy knowing I’m a 1%r.
2020-12-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules