Uncommanded Descents
1053 17 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Happy Flying
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199150 ft
Vietnam

Almost lost my Mavic Mini on the weekend. Just kept wanting to descend.
Have now changed the props as they were damaged in the crash. Hopefully that is the end of the problems.

https://youtu.be/KdqUYeJFimI
2020-6-14
Use props
Happy Flying
lvl.1
Vietnam

Almost lost my Mavic Mini on the weekend. Just kept wanting to descend.
Have now changed the props as they were damaged in the crash. Hopefully that is the end of the problems.

Screenshot_20200613-065150.jpg
2020-6-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Nice video, but not the landing....
Good that it happend so close to home and that the damage is repairable!

Not many UD the last weeks on this forum, interesting to know wich FlyApp version and FW your MM was on.

If you like upload your flightlog using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Guess the landing was with a batt level below 30 % ?

cheers
JJB
2020-6-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

What was the battery level? I experienced "forced landing" (not possible to cancel) at 3% of battery charge after long flight, but there was on screen warning and beeping.
I believe most of the uncommanded descents were connected to flattened propellers and not enough power warnings...
2020-6-15
Use props
Happy Flying
lvl.1
Vietnam

virtual Posted at 6-15 00:11
What was the battery level? I experienced "forced landing" (not possible to cancel) at 3% of battery charge after long flight, but there was on screen warning and beeping.
I believe most of the uncommanded descents were connected to flattened propellers and not enough power warnings...

Battery was at 15% when it crashed. The more I read the more I think flattened props is to blame.
2020-6-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let me embed that for you -
2020-6-15
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Happy Flying Posted at 6-15 00:14
Battery was at 15% when it crashed. The more I read the more I think flattened props is to blame.

And have You canceled low battery RTH? I usualy get the "Low battery, aircraft will go home in 10 seconds" warning around the 20%, that can be canceled (or auto confirmed in 10s) but when not canceled Mini returns to home position and lands...
2020-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Happy Flying Posted at 6-15 00:14

Craft will automatically descend at 15% battery, are you sure you weren’t fighting that ?
2020-6-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flightlog is needed.....critical value for MM battey is 5% (cannt be changed), it will autoland at 5 %.

2020-6-15
Use props
Happy Flying
lvl.1
Vietnam

JJB* Posted at 6-15 04:45
Flightlog is needed.....critical value for MM battey is 5% (cannt be changed), it will autoland at 5 %.

I am a noob to the forum so trying to work out how to get the log on here from Android phone.
Battery hit 20% just before getting back to the hotel and crashed at 15%.
2020-6-15
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Happy Flying Posted at 6-15 05:22
I am a noob to the forum so trying to work out how to get the log on here from Android phone.
Battery hit 20% just before getting back to the hotel and crashed at 15%.

The location is DJI/DJIgo5/FlightRecords
I guess AC started RTH, You have to hit cancel on screen or RTH button on remote. If the battery voltage is too low (like 5%), AC lands immediately.
2020-6-15
Use props
Happy Flying
lvl.1
Vietnam

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IDBBE6JXDO41DW3OYLSG/#

I worked out how to create this log. I see that and remember trying RTH in a panic after 2nd or 3rd uncommanded descent and had not cancelled it. Before this you can see the ascend stick up full and still descending.
2020-6-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Happy Flying Posted at 6-15 06:03
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IDBBE6JXDO41DW3OYLSG/#

I worked out how to create this log. I see that and remember trying RTH in a panic after 2nd or 3rd uncommanded descent and had not cancelled it. Before this you can see the ascend stick up full and still descending.

Hiya,

A absolutely Uncontrolled descent flight!!
Blue height line is RED where it is loosing height uncontrolled.
Already at 1m23s it looses height from 123 meters to minus values!  

Batt values : this error explains it all (i guess) " Battery cells under voltage. Replace battery | Battery cells undervoltage | Critical Low Battery. Aircraft returning to home | High-altitude flight. aircraft braking distance is extended. flight time is shortened. Fly with caution | Low Battery"

You did not start with a 100% full batt, batt values shown in the log are probably not the real values. Cell values at the end 3.2 and 3.2 Volts (for 16% batt level).Cannot be true with that undervoltage message....

Hope that DJI will come with answers for you.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2020-6-15
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Scary log! That battery was suitable for short distance flight in calm weather only, always use fresh full battery if You´re planning a serious distance flight.
2020-6-15
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-15 06:19
Hiya,

A absolutely Uncontrolled descent flight!!

He was on FW1.05 and using app 1.03.
2020-6-15
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

That's strange, just before it crashed, it looks like the drone was hit by something. there was a sudden motion with the gimball as if the drone was hit.

Why were you coming in for landing that fast? You're brave to land your drone under a small balcony like that. I would have gone outside in a clear area because the RTH would have a hard time landing in that location.
2020-6-15
Use props
kpanos777
lvl.2

Greece

Was your Mini tending to turn left, forcing you to manually correct ?
2020-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini. After watching the video you have posted. Since there was a hard landing that happened and if you feel that on your future flights of your DJI Mavic Mini that the said drone is note responding or not working properly. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.  
2020-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules