hemi2020
lvl.1

United States

May 19th 2015
Mailed to California repair facility.

May 20th 2015
Product received according to USPS tracking #

May 26th 2015
Asked if there could be a possibility of expedited processing due to military PCS move.  Request denied.

June 3rd 2015
Notified that Phantom 3 was checked into repair queue.

June 17th 2015
Still no word on status of repair or placement of repair in line.

June 24th 2015
Asked for placement in the que...no response.

July 7th 2015
Still no word.

Will post further updates.  Getting ready to call in about a week or so, to find out what's up.  16 July will be six full weeks after check in notification.
2015-7-7
Use props
joeglenn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202156 ft
United States

New update!!!!  Well received my P3P today at about 9:30am est.  Knew it was coming so I had 2 fully charged batteries ready to go.  opened up the box everything looked good.  Put the Mini Sd card in the gimbal and it clicked in and was fixed.   Then went outside and calibrated the compass was all set to go .  Lifted off to about 4 feet off the ground everything looked great went to snap a picture thats when nothing happend so I landed the unit formatted the sd card.  Lifted off again and again no picture on the sd card.  So now after waiting 8 weeks for my bird to come back here I am again calling DJI .  Well needless to say they gave me another rma number and its on its way back to DJI.  Words cannot express the disappointment I have in this company right now.

2015-7-7
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

ah Joe, sorry.   See if you can try another card and check all the cables leading to the gimbal and camera to make sure they are secure.   Do you get video in the app?
2015-7-7
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

joeglenn@zombie Posted at 2015-7-8 02:22
New update!!!!  Well received my P3P today at about 9:30am est.  Knew it was coming so I had 2 fully ...

Damn, sorry to hear. That's just really unfortunate. Does the app report "no SD card" in the top of the video feed? As Aggi suggested, try another SD card if possible.
2015-7-7
Use props
joeglenn
lvl.2
United States

I tried 5 sd cards all the same thing plus in the video I took of the issue the gimbal was buzzing loud.
2015-7-7
Use props
joeglenn
lvl.2
United States

2015-7-7
Use props
mdeluna910
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132920 ft
United States

Dang Joe that's no good. Hemi im on week 5 now.  Kind of sucks hearing  yours  still hasn't come back as it means mine isn't coming anytI'm soon either.
2015-7-7
Use props
hemi2020
lvl.1

United States

Got this today Upon inspection of your Phantom we found the bottom shell, landing gear, and gimbal were damaged. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. You should receive a tracking number in a separate email within 1-2 business days.  Yay, there is hope and the did everything for 0 dollars.
2015-7-8
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

United States

applelinux Posted at 2015-6-26 13:30
guys, check this out: http://forum.dji.com/thread-22666-1-1.html

Did you happen to notice his name?
I believe not a word.

the BBB

Cheers
2015-7-8
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

United States

hemi2020 Posted at 2015-7-4 11:45
4 weeks today after check in, going to have to figure out a forwarding address to have them send it  ...

You're welcome to send it here; I'll forward it on for you.

I wanted to send you this link from the inspire forum.....http://forum.dji.com/thread-15636-1-8.html

Cheers                                                                          the BBB
2015-7-8
Use props
mdeluna910
lvl.1
United States

Great to hear!  Thanks for keeping us updated.  I'll post when I receive the same.
2015-7-8
Use props
mdeluna910
lvl.1
United States

When is expected delivery?
2015-7-9
Use props
hemi2020
lvl.1

United States

I'm getting it on Tuesday.  I have all ready started moving so I called and they changed the address for me.  I will be able to get it on the way to Alaska in Vegas at my brothers address.
2015-7-10
Use props
mdeluna910
lvl.1
United States

I'm heading up north weds so if you're getting it tues I'm screwed.
2015-7-10
Use props
joeglenn
lvl.2
United States

UPdate mine has again been repaired and is not on its way back to me.  Lets see if it is really fixed this time.  Time since it was shipped , left on Tuesday 7/6 arrived on Thursday 7/8 repaired and shipped out on 7/9 should have it by Wednesday 7/15
2015-7-12
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

Notified that Phantom 3 was checked into repair queue (20 days with no word on status of repair). That is the reason why I have one P3P and one P3A. One flying and one in repair.
2015-7-13
Use props
mdeluna910
lvl.1
United States

Called DJI today now that I'm in the sixth week. Didn't care to look into but straight up said expect another week since they're moving.
2015-7-14
Use props
hemi2020
lvl.1

United States

That suck you get another week because they are moving.  I got mine back and everything seems in order.  Flew a couple batteries and everything seems fine except I did get an ultrasonic error inflight which I have never seen before.  Didn't seem to affect much except keeping steady altitude in a hover.  They kind a just threw everything back in the box as well and the sides of my controller are all dirty as well.  Not sure what the facility is like in California but judging by how it was returned I would say someone's garage.  
2015-7-15
Use props
joeglenn
lvl.2
United States

Got mine back on Tuesday and honestly its all fixed and flying great.
2015-7-16
Use props
AlS78
New

United States

joeglenn@zombie Posted at 2015-7-17 03:54
Got mine back on Tuesday and honestly its all fixed and flying great.

That is great.  My P3P has been held hostage for 51 days and counting.  DJI has to have the worst customer service of any company I have dealt with.  
2015-7-17
Use props
joeglenn
lvl.2
United States

Well they had mine for a total of 8 weeks from the first time I sent it in, then I got it back and the gimbal was bad on the unit so I then had to send it back in.   Finally I have been able to fly it as it was only gone the 2nd time around for  5 days.  So far so good.
2015-7-18
Use props
mdeluna910
lvl.1
United States

Yep, mine is on week 8 since it arrived, but since they don't check them in until a week later it's 7 weeks by their standard
2015-7-20
Use props
phillbarnes9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

hemi2020 Posted at 2015-7-7 20:36
What sucks is that my phantom 3 is so freaking cool and it's a blast to mess around with.  If this p ...

But when alls said and done, it's a great machine to fly. I love it
2015-7-21
Use props
scott.harper4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767379 ft
United States

For those of you getting repairs under warranty... what are you sending it in for?  Did you crash and then sent it in and found they are repairing under warranty?  It just seems that they would be charging for repairs but it's starting to look like the repairs of free of charge.  That's totally worth a 6 week wait.
2015-7-21
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

scott.harper4@g Posted at 2015-7-22 02:45
For those of you getting repairs under warranty... what are you sending it in for?  Did you crash an ...

Update: Notified that Phantom 3 was checked into repair queue (30 days with no word on status of repair). That is the reason why I have one P3P and one P3A. One flying and one in repair.
2015-7-21
Use props
mdeluna910
lvl.1
United States

scott.harper4@g Posted at 2015-7-22 02:45
For those of you getting repairs under warranty... what are you sending it in for?  Did you crash an ...

Never crashed it. In the 5th or 6th flight the gimbal developed an issue. Tried every  trick in the book and regrettably had to send it in.  So no a sixth week wait is not worth it in my opinion.
2015-7-21
Use props
hemi2020
lvl.1

Since I have gotten mine back i have been traveling.  I have noticed a few things that my p3 never did previously.  One is the gimbal seems to get overloaded in flight often.  The other is the ultrasonic error and that I need to land immediately.  Wondering if it's all from the new update or just minor issues from the previous crash.
2015-7-21
Use props
mdeluna910
lvl.1
United States

Well I received an email with a tracking number and that's it.  Where is all the info about repairs made, software updates, test flights? Did you guys receive two emails, one with tracking and one with repair details? If so, when did you get each one? I was expecting to see what was wrong with it and how it was fixed but instead I get nothing. Called DJI and they said send an email in, which seemed counter productive since I had them on the phone but whatever. So fed up.
2015-7-24
Use props
hemi2020
lvl.1

United States

I did get two emails I think, one stated what they did and one a few days later with all the tracking info.  Did you check your email to see if it maybe catagorized it as spam?
2015-8-1
Use props
modestbrandon
lvl.1

United States

Patience is a virtue I suppose....

Mailed my Phantom 3 in on June 18th

Checked in on June 24th

Haven't heard anything as of 8/6/15... Attempted to call for two days now at random times throughout the day and each time I hear they are experiencing higher than normal call volume followed by being disconnected. I even call RIGHT when they opened only to receive the same message.

I'm thinking about calling my credit card company and filing a Reg E claim to get my money back and then just purchase a brand new one from a local shop. Might just tell LA Repair to keep it or send it back to DJI.

#dissapointingservice
2015-8-6
Use props
applelinux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505 ft

United States

modestbrandon Posted at 2015-8-7 00:32
Patience is a virtue I suppose....

Mailed my Phantom 3 in on June 18th

same here....unit checked in on June24...Still waiting for further update. Called DJI tech support and the call hang up by itself...If I don't get any update next week, I will call my credit card company too.
2015-8-7
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2 months unit in queue without any update. I do not know what to think.
2015-8-10
Use props
Ampz
lvl.1

Australia

joeglenn@zombie Posted at 2015-7-19 00:30
Well they had mine for a total of 8 weeks from the first time I sent it in, then I got it back and t ...

I have the same problem... Took my SD card out to download the content on it, went to put it back it. It no longer ' clicks in' when you slide the SD Card in.
Seems like a common problem among users...  So bottom line I'm gonna have to wait 6 weeks to get this fixed now?

Sigh

2015-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules