Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost drone
604 7 2020-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4245c739
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6506 ft
Canada

I own a phantom 3 now for some time with no issues at all, so I decided to upgrade to the mavic air because of its small design easy travel, so I finally went and purchased one.
My first flight with it I sent it up to take some pictures of town with it and the drone lost connection and disappeared and was never found, a year has been gone now I still go to the location to see if I could find the drone but no luck.
I purchased dji refresh at purchase, been on the phone with dji and nothing can be done about the issues because they said it was to windy the day I was flying. There was Absolutely no wind that day I had 5 people there as whitenesses that the conditions of the day  was wonderful, so now I have no drone and they wouldn’t do anything to help me.
2020-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for your loss, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, is it CAS-2715173-S6S4P1? The case was created in Jan 2019 and was closed because you didn't pay for the quotation in 30 days.
If that is the case, per the data analysis team, at T=00:50, H=45.8 m, D=12.0 m, the APP warned that there was a high wind. T=02:43, H=496.1m, D=94.9 m, the pilot only pushed up the Throttle, but the aircraft tilted -13.5° pitch and -22.2° roll, and flew away from the home point at 3.9 m/s, which indicated that there was strong wind affecting the aircraft.
T=04:46, H=499.9 m, D=1496.2 m, battery 46%, the pilot rejected the low battery RTH request.
And you flew the drone almost 500m in altitude and 1861.6 meters away before the record ended, the aircraft held a correct attitude angle to resist the wind, but it kept flying away from the home point at 2.1 m/s without pilot's input.
There was no wind on the ground, but it doesn't mean there was no wind at high altitude. The higher you fly the drone, the stronger the wind could be.
I see your case has also been escalated to the higher-level team last year, it is a non-product issue and remains non-warranty, and the team has provided the final offer, thanks for your understanding.

2020-6-15
Use props
fans4245c739
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-15 19:01
Hi there, we are sorry for your loss, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, is it CAS-2715173-S6S4P1? The case was created in Jan 2019 and was closed because you didn't pay for the quotation in 30 days.
If that is the case, per the data analysis team, at T=00:50, H=45.8 m, D=12.0 m, the APP warned that there was a high wind. T=02:43, H=496.1m, D=94.9 m, the pilot only pushed up the Throttle, but the aircraft tilted -13.5° pitch and -22.2° roll, and flew away from the home point at 3.9 m/s, which indicated that there was strong wind affecting the aircraft.
T=04:46, H=499.9 m, D=1496.2 m, battery 46%, the pilot rejected the low battery RTH request.

So if that’s the case you never know what the wind is at any altitude so the feature Of return to home dosent work because it just disappeared and never found
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4245c739 Posted at 6-18 02:41
So if that’s the case you never know what the wind is at any altitude so the feature Of return to home dosent work because it just disappeared and never found

If the drone detects the high wind, the APP will prompt the warning message, it is recommended to land the drone as soon as possible instead of keeping flying.
2020-6-18
Use props
fans4245c739
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-18 03:45
If the drone detects the high wind, the APP will prompt the warning message, it is recommended to land the drone as soon as possible instead of keeping flying.

But if you can’t the drone disappears and even with extra warranty purchased dji won’t do anything to help
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4245c739 Posted at 6-18 04:24
But if you can’t the drone disappears and even with extra warranty purchased dji won’t do anything to help

We are sorry that the warranty service cannot be provided even the drone has an extra warranty because the accident was not caused by the product issue, our higher-level team has provided the final offer last year but it has been expired. If you accept it, we will verify with the team whether the resolution can be re-opened.
2020-6-18
Use props
fans4245c739
lvl.1
Canada

Still waiting for a email from dji to discuss
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4245c739 Posted at 6-18 06:51
Still waiting for a email from dji to discuss

I have forwarded your ticket to the related team, our team will follow up and reply to your email soon, thanks for your patience.
2020-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules