4470 62 2020-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Phellios Posted at 6-15 19:02
Why can I not plug my new I pad pro 4th generation usbc cable directly into my Mavic air 2 and download my footage. Is there going to be a firmware update anytime soon for this? I do not want to buy the apple dongle and this previously worked on the Mavic 2. Please fix this DJI.

That’s Apple’s fault, their devices will not communicate directly with a camera using a cable plugged into the Lightning port. You need Apple’s Camera Connection Kit:

https://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter
2020-6-15
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I am a little annoyed at the whole iOS/Android issues when it comes to firmware.  I have both types of device and my newer Android device is far more powerful than my good old iPhone 6s Plus, I have stuck to the iPhone since flight 2 with this craft, first go was with Android, then a heard about all the app crash issues and decided to stay iOS for now.  I subsequently read that 1.1.4 for Android still has some issues, so I have stayed clear still.  I do generally use DJI Assistant2 for my firmware updates (from Mac Laptop), from reading the above, I see there is a risk of mixing devices after the fact.

DJI, what is your advice on this?
2020-6-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Northwood Posted at 6-15 20:25
I am a little annoyed at the whole iOS/Android issues when it comes to firmware.  I have both types of device and my newer Android device is far more powerful than my good old iPhone 6s Plus, I have stuck to the iPhone since flight 2 with this craft, first go was with Android, then a heard about all the app crash issues and decided to stay iOS for now.  I subsequently read that 1.1.4 for Android still has some issues, so I have stayed clear still.  I do generally use DJI Assistant2 for my firmware updates (from Mac Laptop), from reading the above, I see there is a risk of mixing devices after the fact.

DJI, what is your advice on this?

It seems the app upgrade to 1.1.4 came to Android first as iOS is still on 1.1.3 but the FW came to iOS yesterday afternoon. If only everything was released simultaneously it would make life easier eh!
2020-6-15
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

i already upgrade fw .250 with my samsung s8 android based. everything fine when upgrading fw but not yet test fly.
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kiminx Posted at 6-16 00:11
i already upgrade fw .250 with my samsung s8 android based. everything fine when upgrading fw but not yet test fly.

That's good to know for those who use Android
2020-6-16
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A J Posted at 6-15 08:42
I'm sure Android will follow - probably including the SC.

Does Android have 4k quickshots?
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

him7403 Posted at 6-16 02:54

No idea, I only use iOS but I presume it would as the firmware is on the drone and not the phone and 4K quicksohts has been on the MA2 since the previous firmware update in May.
2020-6-16
Use props
djiuser_NfHS8ii0iezP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331188 ft

United States

The new firmware showed up for me the day it was released (yesterday) and I'm on Android. DJI Fly app was updated to 1.1.4 last week.
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_NfHS8ii0iezP Posted at 6-16 03:16
The new firmware showed up for me the day it was released (yesterday) and I'm on Android. DJI Fly app was updated to 1.1.4 last week.

For Android, not iOS - we're still on 1.1.3.  
2020-6-16
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

The DJI release notes thread for this update - elsewhere on the forum - show both operating systems Fly App version as 1.1.4 from the release date (15th June). I'm guessing we're just waiting for this to filter through the App Store system. I wonder which region will get it first??
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Smashey1 Posted at 6-16 03:30
The DJI release notes thread for this update - elsewhere on the forum - show both Fly App versions as 1.1.4 as of the release date (15th June) so I'm guessing we're just waiting for this to filter through the App Store system. I wonder which region will get it first??

Seems Android have 1.1.5 now and iOS still on 1.1.3.
2020-6-16
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-15 12:52
Once deleted it’s gone unless you had it to automatically sync to dji cloud, it could be on their cloud and you would have to contact them or a moderator to check if it was uploaded .

Thank you.
2020-6-16
Use props
pjglad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-15 08:40
Yep, as I stated every spare battery too.

Newbie question - why do you have to update each battery? Isn't the firmware stored in the MA2?
2020-6-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pjglad Posted at 6-17 12:11
Newbie question - why do you have to update each battery? Isn't the firmware stored in the MA2?

The batteries have their own firmware too - the one used when doing the update on the drone will obviously be done with the drone at the same time - any spare batteries will need to be put into the drone separately and have the firmware from the drone synced to each subsequent battery for the firmware to be consistent.  
2020-6-17
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

him7403 Posted at 6-16 02:54

Yes, Android has 4K quickshots (except Asteroid like IOS)
2020-6-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JEZ2 Posted at 6-17 13:20
Yes, Android has 4K quickshots (except Asteroid like IOS)

Yep, the FW will be the same
2020-6-18
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I read on another forum that some Android users are still having app issues where the live view closes and you get the home screen of the app, once you click Connect Aircraft, it comes back again.  Still buggy.  
2020-6-18
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi all, someone has been issue with sensor After update front an rear  sensor, seem  not perfect works drone seeem Fly himself, i read some user in social that After update drone Made a Fly Away.
2020-6-18
Use props
dara.campbellaerlingus.com
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi... first post, so apologies if it's in wrong forum... but as you're discussing the latest software, I thought you might be able to help...
Purchased a MA2 (US model) in the states last week. Didn't switch it on till I got to Ireland...  the box has the ADS-B sticker on it... downloaded the DJI Fly App... but no option to toggle Air Sense on/off.... I'd like to see it work...
Is there a way around this? Someone mentioned on a different post that by tricking the GPS into thinking it's in the states, you can toggle it on? How is that possible?
Thanks for any advice.
2020-6-20
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

dara.campbellaerlingus.com Posted at 6-20 10:28
Hi... first post, so apologies if it's in wrong forum... but as you're discussing the latest software, I thought you might be able to help...
Purchased a MA2 (US model) in the states last week. Didn't switch it on till I got to Ireland...  the box has the ADS-B sticker on it... downloaded the DJI Fly App... but no option to toggle Air Sense on/off.... I'd like to see it work...
Is there a way around this? Someone mentioned on a different post that by tricking the GPS into thinking it's in the states, you can toggle it on? How is that possible?

You can spoof your gps locale to be usa before starting the fly app to make the switch appear but once the drone obtains satellite gps lock it all gets disabled again. Until DJI enable it as global you need to be in the enabled region for it to function correctly.
2020-6-20
Use props
daracampbell
lvl.1
Ireland

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-20 13:33
You can spoof your gps locale to be usa before starting the fly app to make the switch appear but once the drone obtains satellite gps lock it all gets disabled again. Until DJI enable it as global you need to be in the enabled region for it to function correctly.

Okay. Many thanks for your reply. It's very disappointing that they've disabled it, even though it's installed hardware on my MA2. So anyone with a US version MA2 who comes to Europe won't benefit from the ADS-B fuction - pity. Thanks again. All the best. Dara
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there A J. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with regards to the new firmware update ( DJI Mavic Air 2 V01.00.0250 ). If you have any inquiries or concerns with the DJI Mavic Air 2 V01.00.0250 firmware. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-6-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 21:08
Hello there A J. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with regards to the new firmware update ( DJI Mavic Air 2 V01.00.0250 ). If you have any inquiries or concerns with the DJI Mavic Air 2 V01.00.0250 firmware. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Again thank you for your valued support.
Thanks Stephen. Do you know when the DJI Fly App version 1.1.14 for iOS is going to be released as it’s still on 1.1.13 and the release notes for this latest firmware which was released a week ago states that it works with 1.1.14.
2020-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules