DJI Refresh Canada & Timelines
1477 3 2020-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
siliconknight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Canada

Hi not sure if its helpful to others but wanted to just relay my experience thus far with DJI Care Refresh for my Mavic Mini being located in Canada (Toronto specifically).  Signing up was simple and I've been happy to know I have an insurance policy, that said my drone did crash and I needed to send it in.

• There is no DJI Refresh Express in Canada and all shipping is with UPS
  • It took a long time to actually get a UPS label for some bloody reason
  • UPS delivery also took quite a while, doesnt look like any customs issues

So for number 2, I submitted my issue and was approved to return it MAY 20/2020 and it took about 2-3 weeks to actually get the UPS label and I had to conect support about 3 times.  Once I got the label shipping took about 8 days so finally today JUNE 15/2020 it's at their facility in Texas to be assessed.

I had asked if I could use DJI Care Refresh Express and at first was told I could but later told in Canada we cant.  I asked if I could do overnight shipping but seems I couldnt.  I had really wanted to get this resolved quick but alas, seems that isnt going to happen! lol.

Anyhow dont know if people have had similar issues but here to hoping it doesnt take another 27 days for them to assess it, bill me, fix it and ship it back LOL.

Will update with anything that happens from here.

-sk
2020-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello sk, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the late shipping label, the repair time and the shipping time may expected to delayed affected by the pandemic. DJI Care Refresh Express is not available in Canada currently, we hope for your understanding.
We have informed the team to expedite your case, hope you will get it back soon.
2020-6-15
Use props
siliconknight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-15 22:44
Hello sk, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the late shipping label, the repair time and the shipping time may expected to delayed affected by the pandemic. DJI Care Refresh Express is not available in Canada currently, we hope for your understanding.
We have informed the team to expedite your case, hope you will get it back soon.

So I thought I would update, as its been a bit.

They did expedite the drone repair which was amazing and I was able to use my DJI Care Refresh to get it back.  However now I've had a big problem shipping it back.

It was "repaired" by the 22nd but I wound up getting another case ID for some reason but with a different serial number with a +100USD bill.  Anyhow I was told it was for "expedited shipping" which I said I didn't need but was happy to have the option.

Anyhow a few days later nothing.  I talked to support one more time (7th time now) and I was told that it may take even more time because:

"...We have an upcoming system maintenance on June 24 as well and we’ll experience delays of about 3 working days until our operations resumes on June 29, 2020. Please continue monitoring the status of your repair online for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to you."

Anyhow I'll update one last time when it actually arrives if anyone has a similar issue in the future.

I do want to add I've had pleasent interactions with everyone I've delt with BTW really enjoy the people.  But the process seems .... hard.  

2020-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

siliconknight Posted at 6-23 15:45
So I thought I would update, as its been a bit.

They did expedite the drone repair which was amazing and I was able to use my DJI Care Refresh to get it back.  However now I've had a big problem shipping it back.

I'm so so sorry for the late response since I was off in the last few days. Upon checking your case, the expedited shipping has been canceled and the replacement drone been shipped out, hope you will receive it soon.
Sorry again for all the hassles and your time, we will learn from it and keep improving our customer service.
2020-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules