Edit: now sorted with iOS 1.1.5 release
2020-6-23
Use props
RetroBilly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33320 ft

Australia

tshansen Posted at 6-17 22:53
Download the DJI assistant 2 for mavic and try to upgrade the drone from there :-)

thanks tshansen  I installed the assistant 2 app,  and successfully upgraded the firmware.   cheers Retro
2020-6-23
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

DJI should add the battery time line from DJI GO 4 app into the DJI Fly app. I have a Mavi Pro 1 and I am thinking on buying the Mavic Air 2 as well. But when I look at that DJI Fly app... Controlling the battery is a very important feature, so it should be in bold with big fonts and and a time line just like DJI GO 4 app.

2020-6-24
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

alexmbraMav Posted at 6-24 15:20
DJI should add the battery time line from DJI GO 4 app into the DJI Fly app. I have a Mavi Pro 1 and I am thinking on buying the Mavic Air 2 as well. But when I look at that DJI Fly app... Controlling the battery is a very important feature, so it should be in bold with big fonts and and a time line just like DJI GO 4 app.

[view_image]

I agree with you.
They should add a lot of features from the Go4 app to this Fly app
They probably didn’t realize that the fantastic hardware is made fantastic by great software.
If it’s frustrating to use  (software) , the hardware would  just be a brick.  
2020-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 6-24 15:20
DJI should add the battery time line from DJI GO 4 app into the DJI Fly app. I have a Mavi Pro 1 and I am thinking on buying the Mavic Air 2 as well. But when I look at that DJI Fly app... Controlling the battery is a very important feature, so it should be in bold with big fonts and and a time line just like DJI GO 4 app.

[view_image]

I think from a photography and videography position what you just posted as a screen shot covers much of what one might be videoing. I’m afraid I completely disagree with you, I can see exactly the percentage left on battery and just clicking on icon gives me everything I need to know how my battery is working and the health of the battery.
I spent many years asking dji to declutter their app screen, I’m glad they listened now my screen is free from clutter and much easier to shoot both video and photos.
2020-7-2
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

A J Posted at 6-15 23:41
It's written in the manual:

[view_image]

So the idea with a gesture is to be able to stash the remote and use your arm to start the maneuver?
2020-7-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steve MartinUSA Posted at 7-6 10:18
So the idea with a gesture is to be able to stash the remote and use your arm to start the maneuver?

It appears so - the latest firmware on the MA2 seems to have improved it.
2020-7-6
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 7-2 06:23
I think from a photography and videography position what you just posted as a screen shot covers much of what one might be videoing. I’m afraid I completely disagree with you, I can see exactly the percentage left on battery and just clicking on icon gives me everything I need to know how my battery is working and the health of the battery.
I spent many years asking dji to declutter their app screen, I’m glad they listened now my screen is free from clutter and much easier to shoot both video and photos.

Well, before thinking as a photography and videography position, you have to think as a drone pilote. Keep think as a photographer and you problably going to see your drone turning into a camera and falling from the sky. Also, if I am not mistaken, with Dji Go 4 you can swipe the screen and hide everything.

2020-7-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 7-10 18:40
Well, before thinking as a photography and videography position, you have to think as a drone pilote. Keep think as a photographer and you problably going to see your drone turning into a camera and falling from the sky. Also, if I am not mistaken, with Dji Go 4 you can swipe the screen and hide everything.

Yes you can swipe the screen and you will see nothing, from a pilots point of view this is not good. But when we now have the best of both worlds people forget the reason they bought their drone for, only complaint seems to be battery, so why do we need black bar across the top of screen after all battery on go 4 is white on clear background and if you just touch symbol you get the best and correct information. For me I’m happy with fly app and it’s visibility.
2020-7-11
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Also I only noticed today that FLY app does not have an option to turn off the LED lights..  This was very handy feature when flying at night.
2020-7-20
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 7-2 06:23
I think from a photography and videography position what you just posted as a screen shot covers much of what one might be videoing. I’m afraid I completely disagree with you, I can see exactly the percentage left on battery and just clicking on icon gives me everything I need to know how my battery is working and the health of the battery.

Hello I totally agree with your opinion. DJI Fly is the next generation, new app and drone pilots needs to adapt a little bit for that new feature ;)
2020-7-23
Use props
AndyDane
lvl.2
Flight distance : 411726 ft
United Kingdom

Was really hoping to have another update by now with sensitivy controls for the sticks and gimbal!
2020-7-24
Use props
Malthe Van Heerden
lvl.2

South Africa

Interesting, thank you
2020-7-30
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569820 ft
Norway

The auto whitebalance on the drone is way off...
Sometimes set it to auto just to see when it's hard to judge from the iphone screen. And with my other camera can pick between 5300k to 5700k the air 2 drone choose 6500k ? That is way off! and alot of my pictures taken in auto are just way to warm.
2020-8-3
Use props
djiuser_HUHxPE1B8sEC
New

Brazil

hello, I bought my MA2 and I never got to use it, the overheating defect on the chip came up, this has happened to several users, the store where I bought it was ready to exchange for a new one, has this defect already been solved?  thank you
2020-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules