Is it safe to use the FPV goggles in AV-in mode without antennas?
4832 4 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
to the moon
lvl.1

Netherlands

When using the goggles only for AV input is it safe to run the goggles without the 4 DJI antennas?

It wouldn't make any sense for it to be transmitting or even receiving while it is being used only as a screen with an analog receiver connected for example. It would also be better for battery life. So all logic dictates it should be safe, but I would like to be sure before I try it anyways.

Does anyone here know through some testing or by any official statement from DJI?

2020-6-16
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

from everything i've seen it does not look like the goggles get damaged by not having antenna on when powered on. there is no official statement from dji warning about using them without the antenna either. you are probably ok to do it but it will be at your own risk. i'm not sure if that's covered under warranty if it does damage it. you might be better off to just leave them on but it's up to you
2020-6-16
Use props
to the moon
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thanks for the reply Kreeze, I agree it should probably be ok, just would like to be certain.

Would be great to hear if anyone actually tried it or measured it using an RF meter. Or perhaps someone from DJI can share their knowledge on this?
2020-6-18
Use props
melonmarlon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 846171 ft
Germany

to the moon Posted at 6-18 14:19
Thanks for the reply Kreeze, I agree it should probably be ok, just would like to be certain.

Would be great to hear if anyone actually tried it or measured it using an RF meter. Or perhaps someone from DJI can share their knowledge on this?

Joshua Bardwell tested the Goggles and found out, that they only transmit over their top antennas and only when receiving signals from an Airunit. So if you don't power up an Airunit, that is paired to your Goggles, you should be fine.
2020-6-19
Use props
to the moon
lvl.1

Netherlands

melonmarlon Posted at 6-19 08:49
Joshua Bardwell tested the Goggles and found out, that they only transmit over their top antennas and only when receiving signals from an Airunit. So if you don't power up an Airunit, that is paired to your Goggles, you should be fine.

This is the sort of test report I was looking for. Thanks a lot for the info!
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules