893 11 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ETH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 394 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have about 9 DJI products including a Phantom 4 Pro Plus. Had a battery that I bought last year, only 1 charge and went to use it today and it errors with a bad cell. Popped the battery in and the app showed the 4th cell at 3.86 and the rest at 4.21 ~. I tried to re-charge and still no luck. Called DJI and they said that they will not cover it because it was purchased out of their 6 month period. WFT? 6 Month warranty on a $200 battery? That's is still new and not used in the drone yet?
I am seriously NOT HAPPY with DJI at this time and will consider other manufactures for my business. This is unacceptable and just plain wrong. It had 1 charge on it, no flight time, stored in an optimal environment.

Eric
2020-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Eric, sorry to know the battery is not working, the Intelligent battery needs to be maintained carefully. If an Intelligent Battery has been stored for a long period without being charged or discharged, its protection board cannot balance the battery’s cells sufficiently to avoid excessive voltage difference. When the voltage difference exceeds the safe threshold, the battery’s cells are damaged.

To avoid this, we recommend that you discharge the battery to between 40% to 65% and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than ten days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once.

We are sorry that your battery is out of warranty and cannot be repaired because it has been over-discharged and sustained irreversible damage. The only course of action that we can recommend is that you use a new battery. Appreciate your understanding.
2020-6-16
Use props
ETH
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-16 23:24
Hi Eric, sorry to know the battery is not working, the Intelligent battery needs to be maintained carefully. If an Intelligent Battery has been stored for a long period without being charged or discharged, its protection board cannot balance the battery’s cells sufficiently to avoid excessive voltage difference. When the voltage difference exceeds the safe threshold, the battery’s cells are damaged.

To avoid this, we recommend that you discharge the battery to between 40% to 65% and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than ten days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once.

I did follow every proper procedure to maintain this battery and all my batteries. You are just trying to justify your position because DJI does not want to be wrong. But you are wrong, the battery was defective and DJI will not support their product.
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ETH Posted at 6-19 08:09
I did follow every proper procedure to maintain this battery and all my batteries. You are just trying to justify your position because DJI does not want to be wrong. But you are wrong, the battery was defective and DJI will not support their product.

But you mentioned 'Had a battery that I bought last year, only 1 charge and went to use it today' in the previous post. Sorry that the warranty service cannot be provided in your case because of the improper maintenance and the warranty period has been expired either.
2020-6-21
Use props
ETH
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-21 02:57
But you mentioned 'Had a battery that I bought last year, only 1 charge and went to use it today' in the previous post. Sorry that the warranty service cannot be provided in your case because of the improper maintenance and the warranty period has been expired either.

Towards the end of last year, December to be more precise. Just outside the 6 months. I have 9 drones and dozens of batteries for these drones and have never had issues like this. Stop trying to justify your poorly built battery cells. All other decent 3rd party batteries offer at least a 1-year warranty, it's obvious that with a 6-month warranty these battery cells are not expected to last very long.
2020-6-21
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

ETH Posted at 6-21 08:18
Towards the end of last year, December to be more precise. Just outside the 6 months. I have 9 drones and dozens of batteries for these drones and have never had issues like this. Stop trying to justify your poorly built battery cells. All other decent 3rd party batteries offer at least a 1-year warranty, it's obvious that with a 6-month warranty these battery cells are not expected to last very long.

I suppose the dozens of batteries you have that never had issues like this, came with a lifetime warranty?
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ETH Posted at 6-21 08:18

Could you let me know the serial number of your battery? Thanks.
2020-6-23
Use props
ETH
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-23 22:16
Could you let me know the serial number of your battery? Thanks.

0DQAE5203201J0
2020-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I'm so sorry for the late response, I was off in the past few days. This SN doesn't have the activation date, do you still have its proof of purchase we could refer to?
2020-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I'm so sorry for the late response, I was off in the past few days. This SN doesn't have the activation date, do you still have its proof of purchase we could refer to?
2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_oWehP8b5GUEF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15259 ft
United States

I bought four inspire 2 batteries from a 3rd party vendor in April 2020.  The batteries arrived dead on arrival and would not charge up.  I had to return the batteries to vendor three times before I finally received one battery that accepted a charge.  That vendor promptly refunded my money.  I was told that if the battery did not have at least one indicator light that the battery was defective.  I asked them to break the seal and chack the battery – and they finally sent me a fully charged battery.

I decided to buy one battery directly from the DJI store – that battery also arrived dead on arrival.  I returned the battery for a refund and all I get is the runaround and emails:

“We'll forward and seek the attention of the designated team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated” and still no battery and no resolution.

Am I the only one with DJI customer service issues?  Is there some government oversite?
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_oWehP8b5GUEF Posted at 7-27 13:21
I bought four inspire 2 batteries from a 3rd party vendor in April 2020.  The batteries arrived dead on arrival and would not charge up.  I had to return the batteries to vendor three times before I finally received one battery that accepted a charge.  That vendor promptly refunded my money.  I was told that if the battery did not have at least one indicator light that the battery was defective.  I asked them to break the seal and chack the battery – and they finally sent me a fully charged battery.

I decided to buy one battery directly from the DJI store – that battery also arrived dead on arrival.  I returned the battery for a refund and all I get is the runaround and emails:

Please accept my sincere apologize for the difficulties you experienced on this case, I manage to get your case number by your forum account, I will also ask the proper team to proceed with the case asap. Will keep following it until the case is resolved.
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules