5559 20 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Personally I couldn't care less for Airsense, but it looks like DJI started delivering " Mavic Air 2" units equiped wit Airsense in Europe....

2020-6-16
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It basically says you should look inside the battery compartment at the model number.

If it is ending ...1N it is the original non Airsense equipped batch.
If it is ending ...3W it is is a new version equipped with Airsense.

Thijs
2020-6-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That is good news, wish that video was in English though
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kimosabe Posted at 6-16 10:55
It basically says you should look inside the battery compartment at the model number.

Yeah, mine ends 1N and is one of the first to arrive in the UK and obviously doesn't have it - good to know it is starting to arrive across Europe now though I won't be trading it in just for that.
2020-6-16
Use props
angelocampia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 214800 ft
Portugal

Hello,

mine ends in 3W and I can't find the option to activate it on DJI Fly (Live in Portugal).
2020-6-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maybe it was a one off.
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kimosabe. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this video. As of the moment, only North America is available for the ADS-B version ( Airsense ) drone at present. We are working on it to ensure drones sold in other regions will be equipped with such a feature in the near future. If there is any information released, it will be updated on the official website ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2020-6-21
Use props
JaBer-H6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 482 ft

Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 23:25
Hello there Kimosabe. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this video. As of the moment, only North America is available for the ADS-B version ( Airsense ) drone at present. We are working on it to ensure drones sold in other regions will be equipped with such a feature in the near future. If there is any information released, it will be updated on the official website ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.

Near future could be after 2 years when mavic air 3 out.
also CE marking code.
this mavic air 2 is ... and shouldn't be sold in EU for so many reason.
Dji rush to sell this drone in EU for the law that effective on July 01 2020. so they can keep selling this ... drone for more money and less features.
2020-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope that will mean they might get into CE C1 certification...
2020-6-23
Use props
djiuser_4R5yxglQcL7i
New

Portugal

DJI Suporte said this...

Due to supply chain shortages related to the coronavirus pandemic, Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. A version of Mavic Air 2 will be available outside of North America without ADS-B.

We are working towards making ADS-B equipped Mavic Air 2 drones available globally and will update our customers and partners when timing has been confirmed.
2020-6-27
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-23 01:53
Hope that will mean they might get into CE C1 certification...

CAA in the UK has already confirmed this won't be the case if the 3W model doesn't carry the Class Certification crest then there's no change
2020-7-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Andy Uk Posted at 7-3 10:32
CAA in the UK has already confirmed this won't be the case if the 3W model doesn't carry the Class Certification crest then there's no change

That is too bad.
2020-7-5
Use props
vivvitiscali.it
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4845663 ft
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 23:25
Hello there Kimosabe. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this video. As of the moment, only North America is available for the ADS-B version ( Airsense ) drone at present. We are working on it to ensure drones sold in other regions will be equipped with such a feature in the near future. If there is any information released, it will be updated on the official website ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.

Hi,

Do you have any update on that? Summer is already there!

Thanks!
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

vivvitiscali.it Posted at 7-9 21:47
Hi,

Do you have any update on that? Summer is already there!

Hello there vivvitiscali.it. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the release of this update by DJI. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest news, events and updates by following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ) for further details. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-7-10
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Yes DJI started shipping Air 2 with ADS-B built in ( production mid Jun 2020 onwards due to availability in parts)

I have the newer version myself, (3W) but just to make you all aware, the airsense does not work in the EU. Its not enabled by default.  It will only work in FCC mode
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_xWcRQemcvnSX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1171319 ft
United Kingdom

That to me sound like a future firmwear update might enable it.
2020-9-7
Use props
fans043f93bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104111 ft
Australia

Kimosabe Posted at 6-16 10:55

I have a Mavic Air 2 with model number ending  3W yet I have no ADS-B Sticker on the drone so having the 3W version may not necessarily mean the hardware is installed It was shipped in late October this year
2020-10-31
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Any more info regarding this. There seems to be a lot of confusion out in the market place. Defiantly don't want a half baked product and have to pay full price!
2020-11-3
Use props
fans5f9aee1c
lvl.1

United Kingdom

angelocampia Posted at 6-17 03:08
Hello,

mine ends in 3W and I can't find the option to activate it on DJI Fly (Live in Portugal).

I got the second version slso from AmZon but it did not have the ADS-B, only north America has it onboard even in the second model its not in the EU versions
2020-12-1
Use props
fans5f9aee1c
lvl.1

United Kingdom

PAYBACK Posted at 11-3 04:19
Any more info regarding this. There seems to be a lot of confusion out in the market place. Defiantly don't want a half baked product and have to pay full price!

I contacted Amazon after buying the 3W model combo kit when it was obvious that it did not have the ADS-B hardware installed and they confirmed it was not in the Eu version, they dont tell you on website  only when it arrives without the new ADS-B logo on the box so i sent it Back  again we get ripped off with a lesser craft but more expensive@! If you open the fly app offline in the safety settings you see the options for it  but online it does not show up@
2020-12-1
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

fans5f9aee1c Posted at 12-1 04:29
I contacted Amazon after buying the 3W model combo kit when it was obvious that it did not have the ADS-B hardware installed and they confirmed it was not in the Eu version, they dont tell you on website  only when it arrives without the new ADS-B logo on the box so i sent it Back  again we get ripped off with a lesser craft but more expensive@! If you open the fly app offline in the safety settings you see the options for it  but online it does not show up@

Did a little experiment last week. Used 3utools to create virtual US GPS location. Turned on drone and sure as day the ADS-B functionality was there. Was late so did not have a chance to fly the drone not much air traffic in my area so would be difficult to see if it is picking up air traffic around me.
2020-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules