Weird noise and instability, but no errors
436 4 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Type444
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133848 ft
Russia

Hello everyone, I have noticed some weird performance with my Mavic Mini. It always happens during descent, sometimes in other flight scenarios (It rotates left a bit when i don't touch controls). Sound from proppellers starts to change from regular monotonous buzzing to some rough unequal noise,  and drone starts to roll on one side, but then immediatly stabilizes. And then it repeats again during all descent. No errors are shown at this time.
I have calibrated all the sensors and changed all the props, but the error still occurs. Can somebody explain what is causing the issue, and how I can fix this?
I have recorded the noise and will also attach the log file (it's just hovering at 400m and going back). The video shows the last descent recorded in log file of this flight. There was absolutley no wind during the flight.
The only anomaly I have noticed is unusually high values in Roll parameter in logs (picture 1). I have plotted all Roll values during the flight on graph and those unusually high values mostly occur during the second half of the flight - during descent (picture 2).
Thank you for your help in advance!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEBbFJ-CamQ

Log file: https://gofile.io/d/PlhA2O

Снимо1111к.PNG
Снимо32432к.PNG
2020-6-16
Use props
MartellXO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37582 ft
Russia

During fast descent without forward speed my Mini always has similar sound. It's normal.
My old homemade drone makes the same sounds at fast descent in such case. Of course, drone shouldn't rotate by itself.
2020-6-16
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Sounds like it's getting caught up in it's own propwash. Some folks call it "circular vortex"...
You should always keep either a little forward or circular movement when decending (especially fast decents),
This keeps your props in "clean" undisturbed air.
2020-6-16
Use props
Type444
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133848 ft
Russia

Flycaster Posted at 6-16 11:39
Sounds like it's getting caught up in it's own propwash. Some folks call it "circular vortex"...
You should always keep either a little forward or circular movement when decending (especially fast decents),
This keeps your props in "clean" undisturbed air.

Thank you, I will try doing that, but what about the rotation while standing still? It didn't happen before. You can see this on this video: https://youtu.be/breCiERmB_4
2020-6-16
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Always good practice to keep some forward speed during a descent, especially in Sport mode as the MM is descending faster. Once you get closer to the landing area, slow down and start descending, almost as if you were controlling a plane instead of a quadcopter.

EDIT: sorry did not realize others already gave you the same recommendation...
2020-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules