No fly zone
1942 8 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Hi I have a Mavic pro and use it for real estate photography. I am near an uncontrolled airport and am allowed to fly around it but not near the pink no fly zone. This is no problem for me and I must say that I have never updated the firmware on the drone but do use the latest go app. The reason for not updating is too many faults and errors when you do from past experience. My question is I want to update to a Mavic 2 but assume this will have the new software that will not allow me to fly in the blue zone authorisation area and then I cant do my job. Is this right or will it only allow me to not fly in the pink zone. Hope this makes sense!
2020-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can check here where the NFZs are and which ones apply to each drone. - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map
2020-6-18
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks, and yep I have that map but as mentioned I am currently running old software on my Mavic Pro and can fly in the blue zone with no problem but the map says if I want to do that now I need to authorise it every time. So I assume if I get a new drone I will have a problem... as per the attached sample photo
2020-6-18
Use props
XbladezDW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131916 ft
United States

Sounds like the app is giving you a pop up asking to confirm you have permission to fly in HVB's airspace there before letting you take off.

which is exactly what happens when I try to take off with the MA2 in and nearby airport's 'blue' airspace zones.

there is a link in the the attached image you could try for unlocking those zone if you do have permission to fly in them, which may bypass that pop up.

*edit: images issues.

hvb_screenie.png
2020-8-13
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks but that is not what I am really asking. My mavic pro will fly in the blue zones but not the pink zone. I just wanted to know if the mavic air 2 will do the same or will that not allow blue zone flying. Its a non controlled airport and I have always been allowed to fly in the blue zone. Don't want to upgrade to a mavic air 2 and not be able to fly in an extremely large area that I could before. From what yiu posted it says a mavic air 2 will fly but just need to make sure.
2020-8-13
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Also could you please supply the link to the above where you screen printed because I can't find it. Thanks
2020-8-13
Use props
XbladezDW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131916 ft
United States

From the image

"To obtain an unlocking license for flying in a Restricted Zone, contact flysafe@dji.com or visit Online Unlocking (www.dji.com)"

https://www.dji.com/flysafe

and yes the MA2 will still fly in blue zones, it just gives the exact same pop up as you mentioned getting on the older app.

2020-8-14
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

XbladezDW Posted at 8-14 14:51
From the image

"To obtain an unlocking license for flying in a Restricted Zone, contact  or visit Online Unlocking (www.dji.com)"

Perfect and thanks.
2020-8-14
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Perfect and Thanks
2020-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now