The little "radar" symbol
473 7 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

I am new to the MA2 (had a P3A). Now I have a MA2 as a Father's day gift!      In the bottom of the DJI Fly screen is a radar-looking thing.  I thought it might be directing me to where my MA2 was.  I am having some trouble with signal loss when flying far away, so decided to take it more seriously.  But i flew my drone in front of me several yards and saw the little symbol was all the way to the right when i pointed the controller directly to the drone.  Since it apparently has nothing to do with where your drone is, what does it mean?  

2020-6-16
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

calibrate the compass of your device could help
2020-6-16
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I have found it is only accurate 20m or more away. Any less and it starts to indicate the aircraft is behind me when it's 5m in front of me and I'm pointing the antenna straight at it. As 5-e-ven said, calibrating your phone's compass will help accuracy, at least it did for me. Before calibrating the aircraft indicator would indicate it was left and just outside the "beam", even though I was pointing the antenna straight at the aircraft. After calibrating it was closer to center and within the "beam" spread. A note about wifi signal transmission. the User Manual shows it radiates from the top of the phone holder. So if you point the two support rods at the drone, the drone will then receive the maximum signal possible.
2020-6-16
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Next time i fly I will check that when farther away.  Can't tell you how impressed I am with this little bird!  I tried to hit a telephone pole and a bush and even a little tuft of tall grass. and it will not hit them.  Amazing.  Wish my car was so smart!  
2020-6-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's possible to defeat the obstacle avoidance. I did on my first try in using it while tracking me. I walked around a bush that was next to a tree and it got caught between the two and crashed into the bush. No damage, but it is apparently not invincible.
2020-6-16
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Not having side sensors can be a problem.  
2020-6-16
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

If you are talking about the orange bar, that the obstacle sensor indicator.
2020-6-16
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 6-16 18:41
I have found it is only accurate 20m or more away. Any less and it starts to indicate the aircraft is behind me when it's 5m in front of me and I'm pointing the antenna straight at it. As 5-e-ven said, calibrating your phone's compass will help accuracy, at least it did for me. Before calibrating the aircraft indicator would indicate it was left and just outside the "beam", even though I was pointing the antenna straight at the aircraft. After calibrating it was closer to center and within the "beam" spread. A note about wifi signal transmission. the User Manual shows it radiates from the top of the phone holder. So if you point the two support rods at the drone, the drone will then receive the maximum signal possible.

You are correct!  Tonight i flew again and the "radar" was bogus until it got some distance away and then worked perfectly.  Thanks!  
2020-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules