Can we use the Mini's gimbal to trigger a payload release?
817 3 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

I have this crazy goal of flying my mini to a homeless dude and droppping reese's peanut butter cups.  Problem is, adding a traditonal servo based payload release would add to much weight.  If some of you 3d prinint experts can come up with a design that uses the "camera pan down" as payload release trigger, that would be awesome!
2020-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there trader6777. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us regarding putting and accessory to your DJI Mavic Mini for you to be able to give reese's peanut butter cups to a homeless person. Just a reminder that if an accessories are mounted to the DJI Mavic Mini, it is recommended to enable the Payload Mode for enhanced safety. Please note that the Maximum Service Ceiling above Sea Level is 1500m and the maximum flight speed is limited when the Payload Mode is enabled. In addition DJI does not recommend using a 3rd party accessory or modifying your DJI Mavic Mini for safety purposes. Finally, I hope that you will get the best feedback from our DJI co pilots with regards to this matter as well. Thank you and have as safe flight always.
2020-6-18
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Don't drop the peanut butter cups, just land and have people take them off the drone
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_NEIdpTLAsofu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 906017 ft
Canada

You need to pan down to aim at your target though
2020-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules