Osmo Action Release Notes (06/17/2020)
10618 52 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swpb
lvl.1
United States

New buyer of the Osmo Action. Generally, it's a really capable device.

There are a few things that should be done in firmware to improve the user experience, in my opinion.

Please consider adding large file support to the camera. While the 4GB clips appear seamless, it isn't the case. I often record audio externally with a lapel mic and recorder. I get one large continuous file from that. When I sync the large audio file with the 4GB pieces from the Osmo Action, I have to sync each 4GB clip to a split up section of the external audio recording. It takes more time to edit and it can be an un-fixable problem if I'm saying a word while the Osmo Action splits.

Please don't force the use of the app for "initializing" the camera. That's really unnecessary and gives me a bad impression of the camera and company. What happens with people that don't have access to a smartphone? I tried using the app in a spare v6 Android device and it was hanging up and crashing. Thankfully I had one v7 android device, but if I didn't have that I'd be locked out of my camera after 15 uses? How is that acceptable?

Please allow for WIFI to be completely disabled in the camera. I don't use it much at all and I don't want to waste battery power having it constantly search for connections. I did get the extra batteries and charger, but run time on a single battery is important. I'm also somewhat concerned if there are ever exploits in its wireless found, but the wifi can't even be disabled and the device no longer received updates...

The camera appears to be constantly on. I can see it expend power after a few days when I'm not using it. Figure out something in firmware so I can actually turn it off while keeping the battery in the device.

2020-7-4
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

swpb Posted at 7-4 16:09
New buyer of the Osmo Action. Generally, it's a really capable device.

There are a few things that should be done in firmware to improve the user experience, in my opinion.

A long press on the power button turns the camera off (instead of putting it on stand by)...
2020-7-5
Use props
sunlit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133533 ft
Russia

Fishycomics Posted at 6-19 06:09
FW1.09.00 is this just me experiencing the shutter adjustments during video.

https://youtu.be/bWRebAnSu4Y

it definitely did not use to do it on old firmware. I've noticed this first time I updated. This is a bug most certainly. It may have something to do with "face oriented exposure" option in the menu. Who knows, maybe they (slowly) starting to make it work (it did nothing to the exposure on old firmware). So try turning that option on/off and see if this drastic exposure ramps disappear.
2020-7-7
Use props
sunlit
lvl.2
Russia

it definitely did not use to do it on old firmware. I've noticed this first time I updated. This is a bug most certainly. It may have something to do with "face oriented exposure" option in the menu. Who knows, maybe they (slowly) starting to make it work (it did nothing to the exposure on old firmware). So try turning that option on/off and see if this drastic exposure ramps disappear.
2020-7-7
Use props
sunlit
lvl.2
Russia

2020-7-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

sunlit Posted at 7-7 12:34
it definitely did not use to do it on old firmware. I've noticed this first time I updated. This is a bug most certainly. It may have something to do with "face oriented exposure" option in the menu. Who knows, maybe they (slowly) starting to make it work (it did nothing to the exposure on old firmware). So try turning that option on/off and see if this drastic exposure ramps disappear.

turn off face orientated exposure.  will do.    hope DJI can at least chime in that they are aware of these bugs.   offer the reverting back on firmware.   I knock back down to fw 1.08.00.10  and be happy. till fw 1.10.00.10 comes out sooner then later,
2020-7-7
Use props
Mike_Zinin
lvl.4
Thailand

There is a large selection of nd and cpl filters for dji osmo action, but why don't they launch anamorphic lenses on sale?
2020-7-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I got a OA-5 sucks Lol  maybe they are "Gadgets"
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_vCOxHNZgyOQH
lvl.1
Brazil

Please add 2 features:

* Record audio only: Sometimes I want to record voice notes or even podcasting. Then I think we could save battery, memory and time when manipulating the audio file instead of a video (you may find this wish a little odd because it's a camera, but I really like the microphone of the DJI Osmo Action).

* Turn on/off the Wi-Fi: This is not a new idea... Most of the time we use only the camera without a smartphone, so we don't need the Wi-Fi spending our battery for nothing, and some people have concerns about radiation on their heads when wearing a helmet with a DJI Osmo Action on the top.

These features sound to be not hard to implement. Please give these feature to us!
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_YesnAKYKpmRj
New

Brazil

And the problem with external audio????
Very high!!! Distorced!!
2020-7-12
Use props
fansf7d85b47
New
United States

Give us the ability to use our Osmo Action as a webcam. Also, the live features do not work 100%. Any timeline on when we should expect that to be resolved?
2020-7-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

well I am gonna  see about the webcam  release stay tuned.
2020-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules