2419 2 2020-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkUK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1512425 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I am relatively new to this. I think I made a big mistake  that many others have probably made.

I have been using DJI GO as my main editor and storage for my videos from the drone.

I was having issues exporting anything to sky pixel the app would immediately crash after rendering the completed video.

So I looked online and saw a tip to delete the video cache to free up some space. I assumed that this would just delete unwanted cached footage used in rendering etc.

Now it is obvious this deletes EVERYTHING on the device so I have lost all my videos and my projects are now all corrupted. Great.

It’s Quite beyond me why the app would not WARN you what you are about to do by hitting delete. But what can I do now?

Some folks have suggested you can connect to iTunes and recover the deleted cache but will this work if I am using iCloud backup?

DJI GO does not come up in my iCloud app list as even an option to back up so I assume it is not backed up there (is that ever possible?).

If I reload some videos stored on my camera roll will it ‘incorrupt’ the projects that now say there is missing footage?

What else can I do short of reloading all videos I have from the SD card? I have been using the mavic WiFi to get the footage into the dji go app. This would take forever to start again. So what’s the best way to recover? And how do you guys do this generally? Am I using the wrong strategy here eg should I be storing all my footage elsewhere and then just somehow loading it what I need to make the videos?

Thanks a lot for any help here. Feeling pretty annoyed that this can happen so easily!
2020-6-17
Use props
SparkUK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1512425 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone out there who can advise?
2020-6-18
Use props
djiuser_RNDuEa6CvKpM
New
Flight distance : 30269 ft
United Kingdom

SparkUK Posted at 6-18 07:01
Anyone out there who can advise?

There are bits and bobs of software that are supposed to do data recovery but for an iPhone using a custom app?

Particularly given the elapsed time since you posted this, I'm going to assume you already moved on.

Key doing anything with data stored on non-Apple iOS application should give you an option to access its data from iTunes and use that to copy everything off regularly.

There's an old saying in the IT business, there are two types of computer user in the world, those who have lost data and those who will.  You have my sympathies, I've been there, not with a drone (yet) but I've been there.
2020-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules