Camera question
1366 6 2014-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael
New

United States

Got my new P2V+ today.  Watched the videos, read the instructions.  Everything seems ok, lights blinks etc.  However, I notice in all the videos that on startup the camera is pointing level and straight ahead.  Mine does not.  It points down.  I can raise it using the app...but is this normal?

camera pointing down

camera pointing down

2014-11-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

By default, that is where the camera goes when the power is shut off.  It will start up at a 45 degree angle until you adjust it with the app.
2014-11-19
Use props
paddymc
New

United Kingdom

By any chance have you got the new remote with the wheel on the top left as with mine it sets the camera mid tilt
2014-11-21
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

My, new unit (V3) points nearly straight out once initialized.  It is ever so slightly down but nothing nearly as down as you show in the image.

Remember to turn on the controller 1st, Phantom second or you may not get initialized correctly.
2014-11-21
Use props
na5n
lvl.4
United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-11-22 07:02
My, new unit (V3) points nearly straight out once initialized.  It is ever so slightly down but noth ...

Got the new P2V+ ver. 3 last week.  Had the same problem with the camera about 45 deg. and moving it with the new pitch knob was jerky and when running it into the positive limit (straight ahead), it would suddenly jerk back to about 45 degrees.  Kinda disheartening and made for lousy videos.

I fixed mine by calibrating the control sticks with the RC assistant.  The new pitch knob is the X1 channel.  Mine was way off, about 3/4th the way to the right at center position (so, center position would be down about 45 degrees, just as it was doing).  Calibrated it like the other controls, full one way then the other a couple of times and it properly centered.  Powering up the P2V, camera now looks straight ahead, and it fixed the majority of the jerky and neurotic pitch movements.

Hope this helps.  Your mileage may differ, as I can't speak for upgrading an older P2V with the new RC/TX unit.
2014-11-22
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mine was calibrated (many times) with no effect but thanks for the suggestion; it may work for others.
2014-11-22
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

If you are using the new RC transmitter with the dial be sure to calibrate your X1 channel using the software.
2014-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules