3454 6 2020-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans87724176
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118967 ft
United States

Well as the title says ...

...my last 2 out of 3 flights were abrupted because the processor was overheating and RTH was initiated. Once the error/warning occurred I lost all controls until the drone was above the takeoff point and at that point I was able to cancel landing and manually land the drone.

During both days temp outside was between 70-75. Location - Southern California on the coast.

Settings used during the 1st error - 4k 60fps; 2nd 4k 24fps.

Would love to hear from DJI. Very frustrating and disappointing.

2020-6-17
Use props
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131516 ft
United States

Search, this topic has been covered with a fix as well.
2020-6-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for that case happened. Kindly please check the below methods:
1. In tropical areas and high-temperature outdoor environments in summer, if the temperature of the main controller exceeds the temperature alarm value after a long period of flight, it is normal that the DJI Fly app prompts “Aircraft processor overheated”. In this case, the aircraft has to be powered off, and flight cannot be continued until the aircraft has cooled down. It is recommended that users fly their aircraft within the recommended operating temperature range (The operating temperature of the Mavic Air 2 aircraft is from -10 ° C to 40 ° C).
2. The aircraft is flying in a normal-temperature environment:
① The DJI Fly app prompts “Aircraft processor chip overheating” or “Error Code 30135” after the aircraft was powered on but has not yet taken off. If this error message has been prompted many times after the aircraft is powered on, kindly please send the drone back to DJI for testing.
② The DJI Fly app prompts “Aircraft processor chip overheating” soon after the aircraft takes off, and this situation occurs frequently. Kindly please send the drone back to DJI for testing.
I hope this can help you, thanks.
2020-6-18
Use props
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131516 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-18 04:18
Hi there, sorry for that case happened. Kindly please check the below methods:
1. In tropical areas and high-temperature outdoor environments in summer, if the temperature of the main controller exceeds the temperature alarm value after a long period of flight, it is normal that the DJI Fly app prompts “Aircraft processor overheated”. In this case, the aircraft has to be powered off, and flight cannot be continued until the aircraft has cooled down. It is recommended that users fly their aircraft within the recommended operating temperature range (The operating temperature of the Mavic Air 2 aircraft is from -10 ° C to 40 ° C).
2. The aircraft is flying in a normal-temperature environment:

Actually, the drone can be taken apart and you can re-apply the proper thermal paste and never see this issue again.
Sending it back to DJI is what they want you to do, but not required, and certainly not the fastest way to resolve the issue.
2020-6-18
Use props
RampL Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure the cooling fan is working, you can hear it running, if not give it a little blast of canned air.
2020-6-18
Use props
fans87724176
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118967 ft
United States

RampL Aerial photography Posted at 6-18 05:44
Make sure the cooling fan is working, you can hear it running, if not give it a little blast of canned air.

yes, they are working.

i've read all the existing topics and the only solution I saw was - taking it a part and applying thermal paste YOURSELF. Which is mind blowing to me.
2020-6-18
Use props
RampL Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans87724176 Posted at 6-18 08:50
yes, they are working.

i've read all the existing topics and the only solution I saw was - taking it a part and applying thermal paste YOURSELF. Which is mind blowing to me.

That sucks, I took a mavic pro apart to fix it about a year ago, it’s still apart..
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules