FIRMWARE DOWNGRADE FROM 0500 TO 0400
6562 18 2020-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

Well as expected i downgraded the firmware on the mavic mini from .500 to .400 and as expected all the issues were gone ! No issues with the compass not working, now it is working great, no annoying motor overspeed issue warnings (not replaced any props) now getting great distance at best about a kilometre range which is ample! and thats on automatic ! ive tried to use manual transmission but no matter what frequency band i choose it becomes red in a matter of minutes. Even though where i fly is out in the fields miles from anywhere. certainly no interference that i know of from the frequency range we as pilots are operating within !

Did a test yesterday used up 3 full batteries and had 3 great flights although was beaten by a very misty day but had fun! hopefully the next firmware will sort these issues out with version .500.

2020-6-18
Use props
Dr. Alex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156916 ft
Bulgaria

Just to warn you that the Motor Speed error was implemented in 005, so that means the in 004 you dont get a warning when the propeller lift fails and you risk uncommanded descent.
2020-6-18
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dr. Alex Posted at 6-18 12:02
Just to warn you that the Motor Speed error was implemented in 005, so that means the in 004 you dont get a warning when the propeller lift fails and you risk uncommanded descent.

The conversation has been done to death buddy! 0500 is buggy and isnt worth a jot.

stepped back to 0400 and no issues with an hour in the air yesterday ! no imaginary uncontrolled descents of which ive never had incidently,the compass now works all seems back to normal !

whatever normal is owning a dji product! And for the record no change of props either, not that changing props will eradicate a software issue.
2020-6-18
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

First thing I did with my drone was to upgrade the firmware. Did not have a single problem yet but I upgraded it using the computer program, not the application on the phone. Maybe that is the big difference. No error message,
2020-6-18
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Me too, upgraded when .500 camera out w/ PC (DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic) and has been flawless ever since.
2020-6-18
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yeah the latest works well for me. I had issues with the previous app version, but now all is good. I am not upgrading any more unless there is a need. It's not worth the hassle if everything is working fine as is. They seemed to release a lot of updates to do with the Mavic Air 2 and it gave more bugs to the Mini side of things.
2020-6-18
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Mee too... I usually end up regretting updates.

Updates are good in the first part of the product life cycle, and me not being an early bird (Mini being an exception) I usually end up with mature products that can only get worse with updates unless you're really after a problem that's niggling you.

I believe my MM firmware/app versions are pretty much final: Firmware v01.00.0500, Fly App 1.0.8
And I keep the 0500 because of the -motor speed error- knowing that it's there to help me pushes my confidence just a little bit more.
2020-6-18
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Me neither, I am not upgrading the firmware unless there is a significant benefit to do so. This time was manual exposure, it was worth it, or some major bug fix. the UD was a major bug fix if they did fix it.
2020-6-18
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So is the general consensus upgrading the firmware via the assistant instead of over the air update? At least with the assistant its very easy to change firmware versions.

Im quite happy staying with the lower version until they get rid of the obvious issues that im encountering. Amazing isnt it how a simple downgrade sorts the issues!
2020-6-19
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

I tend to stick to proven methods... that's why I skipped OTA upgrades for the Mini. But it's entirely possible in your case a let's call it OTG (USB, wired) would lead to the same problems. I've never tried an OTA, probably because I feared data corruption or some other problem.
2020-6-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 6-19 02:28
I tend to stick to proven methods... that's why I skipped OTA upgrades for the Mini. But it's entirely possible in your case a let's call it OTG (USB, wired) would lead to the same problems. I've never tried an OTA, probably because I feared data corruption or some other problem.

i will do a wired upgrade to .0500 and see if there are any issues if there is i will downgrade back to .0400
2020-6-19
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Fair enough... give it a try. If it works the -mse- is a nice thing to have.
2020-6-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 6-19 02:42
Fair enough... give it a try. If it works the -mse- is a nice thing to have.

ive nothing to lose ! well apart from the drone if the software sends it haywire lol
2020-6-19
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Eventually, you will have to upgrade, as the older versions disappear from the list.
2020-6-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deucalion Posted at 6-20 18:50
Eventually, you will have to upgrade, as the older versions disappear from the list.

Older versions never disappear from the list but DJI may release a 'mandatory upgrade' i.e. one that is essential for the drone to be legally compliant and not upgrading will result in the drone on the current firmware being grounded. It's very rare when this happens but they have done it - I recall something along those lines on the Spark.
2020-6-21
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

well im back out today hopefully to have another hour ! im loathed to update the firmware to 0500 as i remember the nightmare i had last time it was loaded?

Maybe by reinstalliing the firmware through the assistant it might be different but not convinced
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mockingbirdmedia. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Just a reminder that if there is a new update for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. DJI recommend to do the update. In addition, DJI often release firmware updates for DJI products to fix bugs, improve functions and add news features as well. By the way the video you have filmed is wonderful. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-6-22
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-22 19:42
Hello there mockingbirdmedia. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Just a reminder that if there is a new update for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. DJI recommend to do the update. In addition, DJI often release firmware updates for DJI products to fix bugs, improve functions and add news features as well. By the way the video you have filmed is wonderful. Thank you and fly safe always.

Or to introduce bugs which the 0500 firmware update has done. I will make my own conclussions as to what works and what doesnt and the 0500 update has its bugs ! but im sure as a DJI rep you would know that already. Thank you for the video coment !
2020-6-22
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Quick update ! did a firmware upgrade via the assistant application and all the stuff that was missing has now reappeared?

1 hour of flights went well ! got 900 metres and the signal droped out and the mini headed home!

which makes me think is updating the drone via the app causing some kind of issues with the firmware?

just a thought ?
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules