Moto G7 Play
4859 7 2020-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DKFCan
lvl.1
Canada

Hi there. I was wondering if anybody is using this phone successfully with the DJI Fly app? Google Play Store does not list this app for download. Motorola just confirmed to me this morning that this phone is 64-bit.

Currently, the Android version is 9 with no update available yet.

Thanks for any info.

2020-6-18
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Unfortunately because this device has only 2GB and does not have a compass (where it shows the direction of the device and the aircraft) it may not work properly. In the link below, it is a website where some users have tested several models in addition to the official list.
https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/

I hope I helped and wish you good luck
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DKFCan. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information from our DJI co pilots who downloaded the DJI Fly application on the Motorola Moto G7 Play. In addition, Upon checking the said mobile device ( Motorola Moto G7 Play ) that your are trying to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Motorola Moto G7 Play will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-6-19
Use props
DKFCan
lvl.1
Canada

Junior - My phone is equipped with a gps system not a compass and I also changed my sparkplug belts too. Also on that website I did not see an area where it says that it needs to have a certain amount of ram to work.

DJI Stephen - Thanks for that response. I guess a person, me, would look for exact specifics of why the "said" device is not supported. It meets the requirements posted on your website. Android 6 or above. Guess what I'm asking is what "also" does this, "said" device need to make the list?
2020-6-19
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Brazil

DKFCan, the GPS system has the function of informing the location of your device on the globe, as well as the compass, the direction that is pointed on the globe, that is, whether it is pointing to the north or south, for example. Without the compass on the smartphone calibrated or if it does not exist, the DJI Fly app will display a smartphone design in red and and a "x", not showing the aircraft's position and direction.
In some tests, devices with low memory tend to slow down the application, even crashing or closing abruptly, especially on Android.
I had a Samsung J7 Prime, had 3GB of RAM and 32GB of memory, originally came with Android 32 bit and through ROM update performed by a friend, with Android 9 64 bit, I downloaded the DJI Fly and it worked normally, but, it closed in mid-flight, which made me change my device ... As a suggestion, I could try to download the app on Google Pay, but if you can't try to download your APK and install it, if you have difficulty, let me know, I will try to help.
2020-6-20
Use props
DKFCan
lvl.1
Canada

Moto G7 Play has these sensors: Proximity, Light. Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, and Fingerprint.

Also has tracking/positioning: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Belldou

64-bit

Android 9 which I think is higher than the recommended Android 6+ for DJI FLy app

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/40e34f01
2020-6-20
Use props
DKFCan
lvl.1
Canada

https://forum.dji.com/thread-202136-1-1.html

DJI Fly App Android compatibility: A comprehensive guide

The next plan is to download the apk.

Edit: "Downloads and tries to install. Just says Did Not Install. No reason."

I also tried to see if there is any documentation or posts stating that the DJI Fly app needs a certain amount of ram to run it. I could not find it. Do you have a link to that info?

2020-6-20
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Brazil

DKFCan Posted at 6-20 09:48
https://forum.dji.com/thread-202136-1-1.html

DJI Fly App Android compatibility: A comprehensive guide

On my J7 Prime after updating the ROM with Android 64 bit, it was possible to run the DJI Fly that you installed by downloading and running the APK. but as it has no compass, it showed the red icon that made it impossible to see the direction of the drone. Unfortunately I didn't see any source or documentation that reports 2GB Ram devices don't run DJI Fly, but yes, just experiences with several friends here in Brazil, where we exchange experiences in groups of Facebook and WhatsApp. The fact of being able to download and the installation does not work, means that something is missing.
Tip: install the "An Tu Tu" app and check your actual hardware and software settings.
Good luck
https://www.antutu.com/en/index.htm
2020-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules