Osmo mobile 3 will not connect
2135 4 2020-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveB69
New

United Kingdom

Just got my Osmo Mobile 3 today via Amazon. Downloaded the Android app & installed on my OnePlus5t. The app will not connect.
Found device just searches and searches but nothing is found.

I've tried it with the phone in & out of the holder.

Within my phones wifi settings nothing shows up but in my phones bluetooth settings the Osmo does show up.
If I connect via the phone & then go back to the app it shows up OM3-40018C-6 - However when I click connect after a few seconds I get a box that says.
Tip
Unknown error with authentication request, please reconnect. OK.

Clicking OK I get
Tip
Failed to get WiFi autherntication.

I've spent the last 2 hours googling this, I've tried airplane mode, I've tried connecting from the app only,I've used the software from the QR code in the pamphlet & I've also used the updated android software. Really really disapointed in this. Luckily I bought via Amazon UK so can return with no issues but I would rather keep & have the darn thing working as should.

From the amount of results from similar people having issues is there a solution to date or shall I just get this boxed up & returned?

2020-6-18
Use props
SteveB69
New

United Kingdom

OK to update my own post I now have it connected.

Possibly my problem may have been.
a) I installed the software from the QR code in the pamphlet. I then ran it on my android phone & was told there was an update so I downloaded it.
After everything failed to work I uninstalled all & then re-installed just the latest version.

The device then connected...
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SteveB69. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon looking at the said mobile device ( OnePlus5t ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. That could be the reason why this issue is happening. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mino application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus5t will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_en_0526_.pdf ). Thank you.
2020-6-22
Use props
ArmandoCjs84
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-6-22 20:18
Hello there SteveB69. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon looking at the said mobile device ( OnePlus5t ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. That could be the reason why this issue is happening. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mino application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus5t will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0526_.pdf ). Thank you.

Hello! I know this is from a few years ago and I know you are just a CCR. And maybe you have a better life now after all this years. But I've seen a lo of issues with the phone compatibility and dude, is so dumb how DJI made their devices not compatible with the best phones and here you were sugesting the customer to get another phone  a cheaper one that works with your $150dlls device. You guys are horrible
2023-10-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ArmandoCjs84 Posted at 10-16 17:54
Hello! I know this is from a few years ago and I know you are just a CCR. And maybe you have a better life now after all this years. But I've seen a lo of issues with the phone compatibility and dude, is so dumb how DJI made their devices not compatible with the best phones and here you were sugesting the customer to get another phone  a cheaper one that works with your $150dlls device. You guys are horrible

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your feedback. May I confirm if you're experiencing any problems with your DJI Product? Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules