1336 5 2020-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dennis D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143468 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded the lastest version (2.0.8) of DJI Assistanct 2 for Phantom from the DJI download site and I still get "Device is not supported" error. I've tried this from my PC and an my Laptop with no luck. I'm using Windows 10 on both machines.
DJICapture.JPG
2020-6-18
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Dennis D Hello ! Make sure Dji Assistant is allowed in your windows firewall !
2020-6-18
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

JetSam Posted at 6-18 23:10
Dennis D Hello ! Make sure Dji Assistant is allowed in your windows firewall !

JetSam, It's not a fire wall issue because I would've received pop-up messages indicating a violation.  My background is in application development (Windows C#) and I was getting the same errors when running the same command as an administrator. Also, they are trying to delete a non-existent folder on the registry. I opened a ticket with DJI but have not heard back from them as-of this morning.

Also, DJI Assistant recognizes my drone when I attach it.
2020-6-19
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dennis D Posted at 6-19 03:11
JetSam, It's not a fire wall issue because I would've received pop-up messages indicating a violation.  My background is in application development (Windows C#) and I was getting the same errors when running the same command as an administrator. Also, they are trying to delete a non-existent folder on the registry. I opened a ticket with DJI but have not heard back from them as-of this morning.

Also, DJI Assistant recognizes my drone when I attach it.

I see mate , hope Dji answer you soon  
2020-6-19
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

JetSam Posted at 6-19 10:42
I see mate , hope Dji answer you soon

JetSam,

Only because you were the ONLY person to respond, here's what I've learned.

1. The DJI Assistance 2.0 APP I've found links for (2.0.8) is NOT the version that works for Windows 10. I finally got a response from support and they provided a link to 2.0.2 which then worked.
2. The instructions that came with with the goggles indicated the Phantom 4 series had to use the HDMI connector to the controller for live view. The controller does NOT have an HDMI connector.
3. Further Google searches indicated you had to connect the goggles to the drone to sync.
4. NO WHERE IN THE INCLUDED DOCUMENTATION DID IT MENTION HOW TO ASSESS THE SETTINGS!!!
5. Further Google searches found a 2 minute video on how to get to the settings. There, it indicated I had to press the "sync" button on the drone. I'VE NEVER USED THE SYNC BUTTON AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT HAD ONE!
6. Further Google searches showed me where the SYNC button was located... that tiny light beside the SD card.... how is that a button?!
7. Finally got the drone and goggles synced and had to go buy some 2.75 reading glasses just so I could focus on the image (I'm 65).
8. I've been in software development since 1981; have written everything from business applications to  graphic applications along with detailed user instructions. Never have I seen such poor documentation on something that could've been so simple.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and I hope you have many hours of blissful flight

Dennis
2020-6-21
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dennis you are welcome mate !!  Stay safe
2020-6-22
Use props
Advanced