Shutter priority mode or fixing ISO for mavic air 2
4535 8 2020-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
youngleo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195817 ft
United States

I cannot find how to fix the shutter speed and have the drone set the ISO automatically or fixing ISO.  Is this supported?  If not, please add this essential feature.
2020-6-18
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This isn't supported and hasn't been on any other DJi consumer drone as far as I know. You have Auto or full manual and that's it. Would be a nice feature.
2020-6-18
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I was just about to post a thread about this exact thing! In automatic mode, the drone drops shutter as low as 1/30, which renders the footage unusable. I would much rather have it bump the iso a bit once it reaches the 1/(2*fps) shutter instead of continuing to make it slower. I ended up shooting at 60fps just to force the shutter to not go below 1/60 and then just use the footage in 30fps timeline and drop every other frame, basically converting it into a 30fps video shot at 1/60. Still, this should be an option, shutter priority is a pretty basic functionality for cameras....
2020-6-18
Use props
youngleo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195817 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 6-18 23:39
I was just about to post a thread about this exact thing! In automatic mode, the drone drops shutter as low as 1/30, which renders the footage unusable. I would much rather have it bump the iso a bit once it reaches the 1/(2*fps) shutter instead of continuing to make it slower. I ended up shooting at 60fps just to force the shutter to not go below 1/60 and then just use the footage in 30fps timeline and drop every other frame, basically converting it into a 30fps video shot at 1/60. Still, this should be an option, shutter priority is a pretty basic functionality for cameras....

Instead of needing a faster shutter speed, I was trying to use a slower shutter speed to create the motion blur for hyperlapse.  The manual mode is not very helpful as the light situation may change significantly when changing directions.

I don't know if lacking this feature is related to the fixed aperture on MA2.  If we cannot get a perfect exposure with just one variable by fixing the other, we can probably support setting the upper/lower limit for one of the factors(ISO/shutter speed).
2020-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Andy Uk Posted at 6-18 22:17
This isn't supported and hasn't been on any other DJi consumer drone as far as I know. You have Auto or full manual and that's it. Would be a nice feature.

This isn't supported and hasn't been on any other DJi consumer drone as far as I know. You have Auto or full manual and that's it.
It might not be included in the DJI Fly app but most (probably all?) drones using the DJI Go app give you the choice of using Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority or full manual control and locking the ISO setting.
2020-6-19
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-19 17:07
This isn't supported and hasn't been on any other DJi consumer drone as far as I know. You have Auto or full manual and that's it.
It might not be included in the DJI Fly app but most (probably all?) drones using the DJI Go app give you the choice of using Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority or full manual control and locking the ISO setting.

Might just be on a Pro 2 as every other consumer DJI drone has a fixed aperture, you certainly don't have this control on the original MP and MA using Go 4.  The only way you can set the shutter is using manual exposure and this then forces you to set a manual ISO, what isn't there is the ability to allow ISO to remain  automatic (or even better within an upper/lower range).
2020-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Andy Uk Posted at 6-19 22:27
Might just be on a Pro 2 as every other consumer DJI drone has a fixed aperture, you certainly don't have this control on the original MP and MA using Go 4.  The only way you can set the shutter is using manual exposure and this then forces you to set a manual ISO, what isn't there is the ability to allow ISO to remain  automatic (or even better within an upper/lower range).

Might just be on a Pro 2 as every other consumer DJI drone has a fixed aperture
You haven't heard of the Phantom 4 pro?
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there youngleo. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and on the DJI Fly application. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and your insights are greatly appreciated.
2020-6-22
Use props
Julio2
lvl.1

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-6-22 23:07
Hello there youngleo. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and on the DJI Fly application. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and your insights are greatly appreciated.

Hello Stephen,
any news about the ability to set a shutter speed priority and let the MA2 adjust exposure by playing with ISO ? That would be very nice as it is really missing now.
Cheers
2021-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules